Midtown has so many cultural and educational institutions. It seems to be the center of redevelopment of the city. While Woodward has restaurants and storefronts, it seems to be the only commercial strip of the area between Foxtown and New Center. I know light rail is coming up and down Woodward which will be great. Midtown also has a greenloop for walking. I am really interested however in making Midtown much more Pedestrain. Should zoning laws require buildings to abut one another and prevent strip malls or fast food restaurants with parking lots??? I mentioned in an earlier thread about ways to beautify Midtown....[[fountains, statues, and architecture). Detroit is in no position to build an impressive skyline. So, we should think as to how to make Detroit and Midtown as appealing as possible. Zoning and architecture are two important ingredients. What are people's thoughts about the redevelopment of Midtown? Any mistakes being made?? What are some ideas as to what would be nice for Midtown?