Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by REL View Post
    This thread makes me go "eewwwwwwwwww"
    No doubt about it.

I will second the restrooms at D'Mongos. When the toilets are higher than the wash sink for the glasses, be afraid. Be very afraid. Ever wonder why they call them sloppy Larrys? Love the place, just make sure you get something 100 proof to drink.
    Last edited by hamtown mike; March-15-10 at 07:30 PM. Reason: typo

Looked across Woodward from a window at The South End back in '83 or '84 and saw a guy turn his back, drop his pants and let fly with a sheet of liquid crap. Appeared to be intoxicated. The cops came relatively quickly, with a big plastic sheet, and took him away.

MIWP, that's quite a list there. Ordinary stuff.

A live dog frozen to the ground in someone's yard.

I work at an agency in the Cass Corridor and the other day at lunch, many of us saw a HUGE rat outside on the patio area. It was near the outside kitchen door eating scraps from the dumpsters nearby. It was soooo crazy that there are really HUGE rats in the City of Detroit.

I've got a FEW things that I've seen in the D that made me go "eeewwww", but the ones that really come to mind are the ones that occurred while I was trying to show my girlfriend [[now wife) what a great city Detroit was [[she being from NY).

On her first night we were walking through Midtown to the Chinese restaurant. As I was telling her some history of Woodward we practically have to step over a hobo pleasuring himself right in the middle of the sidewalk. Cock just waving in the wind. I kept assuring her "I've never seen anything like that before here EVER.

The NEXT day we were walking downtown and saw the biggest turd I've ever seen in my life on the sidewalk by Compuware. I wouldn't consider myself an expert on poop or anything, but that thing looked like it could break some sort of record.

And since I lived off Woodward there's a bunch of hooker stuff that I could post, but I'll save it for another time.

Al Sharpton and Jessie Jackson coming to town...

LodgeDodger Guest

Vomit under the railroad bridges is a personal gross-out for me.

It was dead or alive?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bella View Post
    A live dog frozen to the ground in someone's yard.

I was on the Woodward bus when a scary crackhead homeless lady [[?) boarded. About 5 minutes in, there was this putrid noxious smell. I wanted to throw up instantly. I looked at the lady, and a stream of liquid crap was travelling down and out her pant leg into a pool on the bus floor. She looked at me, I looked at the guy next to me, who called her "a stankass old witch" and we moved to the back of the bus. I still feel sick when I think about it <wretch>

Ugh, one of MANY reasons I loathe public transportation!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alley View Post
    I was on the Woodward bus when a scary crackhead homeless lady [[?) boarded. About 5 minutes in, there was this putrid noxious smell. I wanted to throw up instantly. I looked at the lady, and a stream of liquid crap was travelling down and out her pant leg into a pool on the bus floor. She looked at me, I looked at the guy next to me, who called her "a stankass old witch" and we moved to the back of the bus. I still feel sick when I think about it <wretch>

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    It was dead or alive?
    Oh, it was still alive.

One very early morning in the fall of 1980, I arrived at work [[8009 Lyndon) to find a dog draped on the front stoop. From a bit of a distance, it looked like the dog was having the shivers or some sort of convulsions - it kept "twitching." When I got closer, I saw that the dog's hindquarters were eaten all the way down to the bone! And the "twitching" was actually a swarm of rats that had invaded the dog's gut and were dining away on its innards. I thought this was absolutely the grossest thing I had ever seen - until a few years later, when I moved to New York, I saw a dead wino getting consumed by rats in the bushes of Bryant Park behind the main Public Library at 42nd and 5th.
    Last edited by Rockin' Best; May-21-10 at 11:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bdglsmn View Post
    The one legged hooker in a wheelchair ,on Fenkell, flashing her boobs as I went by. I actually went around the corner and drove by again because I couldn't believe what I just saw...
    Tell the truth....you went around a third time and picked her up, didn't you?

I worked in the street dept. at MichCon for 7 yrs back in the 70's, in every fooken corner of the city, and did a lot of shift work. I don't even know where to start...the things I've seen.

Doing shift work, we were just on standby....so we used to go park in interesting parts of the city to people watch.

John R & Erskine, Cass Ave. near the hooker bars like Andersons Gardens, up Woodward Ave near Highland Park and the BBQ vendors on Oakland Ave.

Those were interesting days and nights.

People bleaching their driveways in Sterling Heights.

Ive witnessed a mentally ill man pick up an almost empty bottle of juice and finish off the contents...before the downtown reinnasance there was a strong smell of urine and assorted defecations across from the bus stop at Hudsons....also there are serious issues with foul odors in assorted neighborhoods near abandoned buildings..mentally ill and destitute picking up cigarette butts from the ground and ash trays and lighting up..

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Ugh, one of MANY reasons I loathe public transportation!
    What will light rail do for Detroit?Here is one reason I won't use it.

The thread that refuses to die ... like a live dog frozen to the ground, it refuses to lie in a pool of its own seeping body fluids ... twitching with rats, mentally incompetent, playing with itself on the sidewalk ... the thread lives and walks amongst us.

Hey, I used something from this thread as a line in a song. So now we have "Ewwwww" -- the Musical!
    Last edited by RickBeall; May-22-10 at 11:42 AM.

"Light" rail here with the crime uptick and reducing city services would quickly become "heavy" of crime and other unpleasantness... Hey, I grew up catching busses, I'm not a snob... and have ridden busses including the SMART system when cars were down, but overall I loathe public transportation... especially here in Detroit!
    Quote Originally Posted by luckycar View Post
    What will light rail do for Detroit? Here is one reason I won't use it.
    Last edited by Zacha341; May-22-10 at 11:41 AM.

It does refuse to die... LOL! Like a bad car wreck, you know you should not look, but cannot help yourself ! Thanks for the sardonic poem!
    Quote Originally Posted by RickBeall View Post
    The thread that refuses to die ... like a live dog frozen to the ground, it refuses to lie in a pool of its own seeping body fluids ... twitching with rats, mentally incompetent, playing with itself on the sidewalk ... the thread lives and walks amongst us.

Hey, I used something from this thread as a line in a song. So now it sings too. .

*runs through thread like a rat dragging a mickey d bag*

Weird things that I saw in the ghettoes of Detroit.

1. Mr. Whinebegger [[a middle aged white male). He wears eyeglasses. He roams the streets of Downtown Detroit asking people for money.

2. Mr. Africa [[a middle aged black male) He is a schizo once waving a African flag of red, black and green; preaching to anyone who can hear his voice. He was for black power. Now he's silent and gnashing his teeth this is due a genetic disorder.

3. Mrs. Cryshee [[ a middle aged black female) She a schizo mutant who askes people for money in public busses or anywhere. She cries a lot.

4. Mrs. Hagg [[ a middle aged white woman) She is currently homeless and wears stinky shaggy clothes. She sits out in the Wayne State University's Gullen Mall relaxing until she moves on.

5. Mr. Toothless Joe [[ a middle aged white male) He has a hillbilly look. He goes around from Midtown to Downtown Detroit looking in garbage cans and opens it up. Once he find some raw food scapes, he will eat it.
    Last edited by Danny; May-22-10 at 01:39 PM.

Warren Evans in a DPD uniform

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast