Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

This was a long time ago, but so far the most disgusting thing I have ever smelled anywhere. I was riding the bus to work down Michigan Avenue and traffic was stop and go. There used to be real rush hours in the D once upon a time. Our bus gradually caught up to, flanked and slowly passed an open vat truck from Detroit Rendering. This truck had the rankest, most overpowering, most clinging miasmic stench that you could ever imagine. The whole overtaking and passing process took about twenty minutes. It was very very hot in town that week. That truck, full of no doubt every kind of animal scraps that could be gleaned from the slaughterhouse, had obviously been sitting out in the sun for far too long. In addition to smelling unbelievably horrible, it also appeared to be leaking ever so gently from every possible seam. I guess it was the poor animals' last revenge on all meateaters on Michigan Avenue that morning.

GG Allin show at the original Blondie's.

Ya I've seen a bum crapping out in broad daylight in front of MCS once.

The bathrooms at Harpo's.

Once, lying in the 2 inches of urine and assorted shit, I saw someone passed out on the floor.

I had to take the bus to Wayne State from the 7 & Kelly area for a while in 1990, before I got my first car. Passed by a lot of ghetto shit, tons of garbage everywhere. I think the Gratiot and Warren area was one of the worst, looked like a couple of trucks dumped their loads of trash right on the street.

Quote Originally Posted by andylinn View Post
    ---

A friend of mine who lives in Capital Park went to her car a few winters ago, and noticed what I will refer to here as a "soiled rubber" on the hood of her vehicle. Afraid to touch it, she batted at it a few times with her snow brush, but it was stuck... VERY stuck... over night, it had frozen to her hood.

So, off she drove to work [[I used to also work with her), the item flapping around in the wind - still stuck. She had incorrectly assumed it would come off while driving, but no.

Upon arriving at work, she saw our boss approaching, so, in a moment of embarrassment, she made her glove take one for the team, and pulled it off... and it splattered all over her. I still remember her running through the workplace screaming in an effort to cleanse herself in the bathroom...

LOLOLOL
    Last edited by silverbeauty; May-05-09 at 11:20 AM.

Not every night but a few times outside my front window[[i live on woodward) this male prostitute stands on the corner touching himself. At first I thought it was just some crazy guy, until cars started pulling over and he would audition for them! Living on Woodward is quite a trip. Always something going on to get my attention.

Lots of ewwww stories involving the bus....

Quote Originally Posted by raptor56 View Post
    Lots of ewwww stories involving the bus....

See all the hidden treasures of Detroit - Ride a DOT bus!

Riding my bike on Fort St. by Livernois I saw a prostitute grinding herelf on a fire hydrant. Guess she was trying to put her own fire out.

Isn't it about time to give this thread the red dot Hall of Fame designation yet?

Buy American Guest

Monica Conyers, Barbara Rose Collins, JoAnn Watson, Christine Beatty, Adolph Mongo, Thug KK.....and the list goes on.....ewwwww!

All the abandoned buildings.

All the losers and degenerates I see on a daily basis.

People who "love" the city but yet wouldn't set within 50 miles of it.

The kid I saw bleeding from a gunshot wound who eventually died in front of the state theater a few years back.

The 4 relatives and friends I know of that have been gunned down since 1999.

The 2-3 people who will ask me for change as I walk to my car 4 blocks from here.

The fact that the word Detroit and liveable neighborhood is an oxymoron.

The fact that so many of my college educated friends and associates want to live here but cant because there is nothing left for them here.

The fact I still live here more than occasionally hate it but wont leave because its home and I love it and will see it rise again.

How naive that last fact is and how common it is in Detroit.

Just the fact that a couple folks have suggested this thread for Hall of Fame status makes me very pleased to have submitted the original thread. I knew we'd have some fun with it, and also cover some serious "ewwww" topics, too.

Let's keep it going! Keep thinking...I'm sure you can contribute more than one "ewwwww"

The bathrooms at Dmongo's. Tell me again, how does this place stay open?

Quote Originally Posted by Hamtragedy View Post
    'Cause people don't go there for the bathrooms?

Plus, there are waaaaaaaaayyyyy worse bathrooms in Detroit bars. D'Mongo's is surprisingly clean.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamtragedy View Post
    They have bathtubs in the restrooms at Dmongos?

Or do the patrons take baths in the sinks?

I wonder if the naming of public restrooms, as bathrooms is another uniquely Detroit figure of speech? My late grandparents called them washrooms.

I worked for the school board for a short period back in 1972-1973.Driving in from what's now East English Village I'd take Warren Avenue all the way in.The meat packing plant on Warren just east of I-75 used to emit the worst stench.I used to hold my breath as I drove by it.

Sludgedaddy's contribution:

"...Monica Conyers French Kissing Donald Lobsinger...."
    Just made me laugh so hard that I nearly sprayed the computer screen!

Lorax Guest

Here's one for you- this happened in about 1983. While with a friend who was watering his grass, talking in the front yard of his home in Brush Park, a homeless man had just crossed Woodward from the mission where he received his block of government cheese- he offered to my friend, saying, "heh, man, wanna buy some cheese?" My friend turned the hose on him and said, "I paid for that cheese once, you want me to pay for it again?"

In the gross department, another friend who lived in the Parkstone apartments in West Village back in the early 80's left for work one morning, and upon entering the hall, noticed the odor of garbage in the hall, not too stinky, but just enough to take notice.

The smell was there returning home, and for each of the next four days, each morning the smell grew worse until it made you gag coming off the elevator, and it took a couple of geniuses to discover that the neighbor opposite the garbage room had died, the odor of his rotting corpse wafting under the door, since his apartment windows were open a little in early spring, so the draft brought the odor under his front door and into the hall.

The maintenance people said the methane gas in the dead man's system literally exploded and stuck parts of him to the ceiling, walls, windows and everywhere else within reach.

A couple of months later after new plaster, flooring, etc, a young single woman moved in, unaware of what had happened until someone told her and she ran screaming out of the apartment, never to return. True story!

Hey, people have to die somewhere, might as well be at home.

Years ago, my cousin and I had a donut shop on Gratiot. After 11PM we kept the door to the back [[where the bathrooms our drop safe and purses are kept) locked unless it was a customer that we knew well. One night a fellow became quite agitated and stormed out because we refused to allow him access. I turned around just in time to see him relieving himself right on the middle of the front window...and being it was a typical Michigan winter, there was a very nice yellow icicle handing from certain areas.

Linda,

That reminds me of the time I was in the drive-though line at McDonald's. It was early evening in the summertime. I had my window rolled down preparing to order. A homeless man walked up to my car and asked if I had a dollar. I said no and rolled my window up. He licked all over my driver's door window leaving wet tongue marks and saliva. Then he just walked off.

In 89 or 90, we were 16 or 17 and cruising cass looking at the crazy ladies. Up near Peterboro, we encountered a one-legged hooker. My buddy offered her 10 dollars to see her 'stump' which was covered with a large, filthy tube sock. The resulting sight is seared into my brain like grill marks on a steak... Mid thigh chop, and I don't thik she paid much attention to the post-op recomendations. Looked real chunky.

Locke09 - You're right...that is a major EWWWWW lol

And here I thought mine was ewww and original... turns out it's par for the course.

I was at Oakman & Grand River. There was a one leg guy just standing there holding onto a walker right in the middle of the street, in the middle of traffic. When I got close enough I notice that he had it out, taking a leak. Just standing in the middle of the street with one leg.

Gross: I apologize for not being able to be specific, but it involves a somewhat known public figure. I was heading in to a radio station I worked at. When in the hall I decided to let loose the flatulence. When I walk into the studio I told the guy there to not go in the hall for a minute, and to thank me for sparing him. Then it hit me. My God... That couldn't be the trail, it was much too strong. Before I could say anything he just looks at me and said "I tried to hold it. The record was gonna end. I tried to hold it."

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast