Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Stosh Guest

Quote Originally Posted by DC48080 View Post
    Whatever "the message" may be, it doesn't matter. Substance abuse on the job is intollerable. Plain and simple.

And as to there being a "bigger agenda" please lose the conspiracy theory for a moment and try to boil this down to the crux of the matter: a few bad apples who know better but choose to do bad.

So is your spelling, but hey I'm not complaining.

This is all about the bigger agenda. It's so fucking clear, just look at Rob's face when he does the interviews, he's ashamed, embarrrassed. I'd like to have him produce these "tipsters" just for fun.

thatguy123 Guest

Good riddance, I hope these guys enjoy their well earned unemployment free time off [[you can not collect unemployment benefits if you are let go for alcohol or drug use on the job)

The people defending that you should be able to get wasted and go to work are insane. Please come get a job at my place business and see how long you last doing the type of crap these guys were doing.

Quote Originally Posted by thatguy123 View Post
    . Please come get a job at my place business and see how long you last doing the type of crap these guys were doing.
    Question: do your place of business have a history of conduct as demonstrated by the Chrysler workers?

Stosh Guest

Quote Originally Posted by R8RBOB View Post
    Question: do your place of business have a history of conduct as demonstrated by the Chrysler workers?
    No, the guys at McDonald's don't have enough cash to drink and drug on the job.

As a former G.M. employee my guess is that the union will bargain to get them back and enter them in the substance abuse/alcohol program. If you get caught once you complete this program you're long gone, no second chances.

Quote Originally Posted by Philbo View Post
    As a former G.M. employee my guess is that the union will bargain to get them back and enter them in the substance abuse/alcohol program. If you get caught once you complete this program you're long gone, no second chances.
    I think we all know that the "firing" was Chrysler way of saying "we're going to get tough. No more doing things the old way." All it takes is for these guys to say that they have a substance problem and they are back in. In America, substance abuse is considered a sickness and you can't be terminated for being sick.

thatguy123 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by R8RBOB View Post
    So people getting drunk on the job in the past is an excuse to break policy without consequence. Maybe you should start a history of stealing from your employer so when you get caught you can say "there is a history of doing this so I shouldnt get fired or arrested". Thankfully people like you represent the outer fringe and your opinion is an extreme minority view.

Gosh, I seem to remember big shot, corporate guys drinking and dining at private clubs at all times of the day and night. Morning and lunch time was just the start. Then there was the 19th Hole, the Card Room, Happy Hour, and dinner time. All signed and sealed to their respective companies. I think that means they were working at the time. Some even had private suites that were very well stocked. I'd like to see Faux News go into one of those clubs in pursuit of big shot corporate malingerers. They'd have to take a small army to run by security. Not very appealing, or economical, when you can catch a working stiff right there in the parking lot or at a corner bar.

It's a shame to think that once unions did this country good. Now it just seems as though they protect the worst employees out of the bunch. I'm sure there are more than enough great workers on the line, but how do they get rewarded for their work? I wish the unions would find a way to adapt where it can weed out the bad eggs and somehow reward the better people.

Quote Originally Posted by Thruster315 View Post
    It's a shame to think that once unions did this country good. Now it just seems as though they protect the worst employees out of the bunch. I'm sure there are more than enough great workers on the line, but how do they get rewarded for their work? I wish the unions would find a way to adapt where it can weed out the bad eggs and somehow reward the better people.
    I agree wholeheartedly. I'm a firm believer in the ideal of unions. The problem is the practice of unions. I've had maybe one union in my lifetime that was good, strong, supportive and fair. But the bottom line remains that unions are the only bulwark against corporate power.

So people getting drunk on the job in the past is an excuse to break policy without consequence. Maybe you should start a history of stealing from your employer so when you get caught you can say "there is a history of doing this so I shouldnt get fired or arrested". Thankfully people like you represent the outer fringe and your opinion is an extreme minority view.
    You didn't answer the question. Shall I repeat it?

Ravine Guest

I want to report my co-workers, the ones who eat all kinds of grease-laden, sodium-intensive meals during the work-day, for engaging in self-destructive behavior that drives up health-care costs incurred by the company carrying my employer's health insurance plan, thereby pushing up the price of that insurance and causing my employer to choose against granting us any kind of Cost Of Living increase because they are compelled to spend that money on the heightened price of the insurance and who can blame them but it's really all the fault of the cheeseburger-inhaling slobs with whom I work and I wish ol' Rob would look into that, because it is the right of every American to play a role in judging, and regulating, the public & private behavior of every other American.

Oh, and I forgot to add:

Goddamit.

Stosh Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ravine View Post
    I want to report my co-workers, the ones who eat all kinds of grease-laden, sodium-intensive meals during the work-day, for engaging in self-destructive behavior that drives up health-care costs incurred by the company carrying my employer's health insurance plan, thereby pushing up the price of that insurance and causing my employer to choose against granting us any kind of Cost Of Living increase because they are compelled to spend that money on the heightened price of the insurance and who can blame them but it's really all the fault of the cheeseburger-inhaling slobs with whom I work and I wish ol' Rob would look into that, because it is the right of every American to play a role in judging, and regulating, the public & private behavior of every other American.

Oh, and I forgot to add:

Goddamit.
    I agree, but I think Rob ought to go out to people's houses and do his ambush style on unsuspecting people in their homes. Seems the next logical step. Maybe he can get some traction on smoking in the house or something.

Stosh Guest

I hear that there's a candidate that is anti-masturbation. Now THAT is outer fringe.

I cannot believe that people are still arguing about this. If your employer does not want you to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol during work hours, then don't do it. If you cant deal with it then start your own company or find one that will let you do it.

Where do you people get off thinking that you are entitled to a job??????

Ravine Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ejames01 View Post
    I cannot believe that people are still arguing about this. If your employer does not want you to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol during work hours, then don't do it. If you cant deal with it then start your own company or find one that will let you do it.

Where do you people get off thinking that you are entitled to a job??????
    At the stop right after the one where you get off attaching your shallow inference to our deep implications.

Sorry, but you are not entitled to a job and you cannot do whatever you like at work [[unless you work for yourself)

Quote Originally Posted by Ravine View Post
    At the stop right after the one where you get off attaching your shallow inference to our deep implications.

Ravine Guest

Sorry, but you are not entitled to a job and you cannot do whatever you like at work [[unless you work for yourself)
    Why are you telling me that?

Stosh Guest

Well that's impressive. Maybe if you post enough you can find someone that actually cares what you say.

No wonder there are so many unemployed people around.....

smh

Stosh Guest

No wonder there are so many unemployed people around.....

smh
    Which one?

Dump the drunks & junkies.

Hire people that want to work.

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    We'll probably know if it's BS or not in a few weeks.

The fact that they purposely went of the way just to target union workers [[and to do so immediately after the bailouts plus after whatever rhetoric about the bailouts toned down no less) smells fishy on its own account.

In Germany they SERVE beer for lunch in the factories, and the Germans make great [[even expensive) vehicles.

What?

German cars suck.

If it wasn't for those assholes at Benz that looted Chrysler's bank accounts, Chrysler likely wouldn't have the problems they have today. And Benz would have DESERVEDLY gone down the tubes themselves.

According to the Channel 2 they watched these guys for 10 days straight. That means this behavior was not a casual one-off. These guys are dedicated drinkers to be able to get in their cars, to the store, to the park, down a 40, smoke some and then drive back ... all within a half hour.

That would take me several hours.

I suggest a new thread, an on-line 40 oz drinking game, where those self-sellected participants all crack a 40, down it within 10 and blog about it. I'm sure we'd get some very interesting posts.

Well I used to work at a stamping plant and alot of folks drank at lunch including me. I even saw people smoking crack on the line in the early 90's. I still drink and smoke at lunch from time to time and dont have a problem with other people doing it . I am also in a union [[not the UAW, no other union likes the UAW, they are a different animal). However, I certainly expect to be fired if ever caught and these people should as well. Not saying there is or is not a higher agenda, [[and Rob the little tattletale should have had his ass kicked along time ago. What a ridiculous segment.) but they got caught drinking and should be fired. We all no the rules here. Also, why would one want to work for a company who does not want you there. I always thought that was retarted. If a company fires you move on. Stupid to fight to go back.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast