Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPlanner View Post
    heave machinery
    I drank so much one time that my body turned into a heave machine.

Quote Originally Posted by ggores View Post
    I drank so much one time that my body turned into a heave machine.

Hahaha!!!!

That was a great Freudian sip!

Er.... slip!

The story isn't over yet. The affected employees are almost certainly going to contest their terminations through the grievance procedure afforded by their collective bargaining agreement. It will be interesting to see if the UAW advocates for them or simply goes through the motions.

If the UAW doesn't get on board, these guys will probably go shopping for lawyers. It would seem that the issue will be whether the CBA drug and alcohol use prohibitions cover off-premises activities, and/or whether Chrysler has to prove that they were impaired. [[Any lawyers got any opinions?) These guys aren't done yet but it will be tough for them if the UAW refuses to take their grievance past the initial level.

Quote Originally Posted by swingline View Post
    The story isn't over yet. The affected employees are almost certainly going to contest their terminations through the grievance procedure afforded by their collective bargaining agreement. It will be interesting to see if the UAW advocates for them or simply goes through the motions.

If the UAW doesn't get on board, these guys will probably go shopping for lawyers. It would seem that the issue will be whether the CBA drug and alcohol use prohibitions cover off-premises activities, and/or whether Chrysler has to prove that they were impaired. [[Any lawyers got any opinions?) These guys aren't done yet but it will be tough for them if the UAW refuses to take their grievance past the initial level.
    Doubt we know all the details of the story.

Doubt these guys fired have the savings to throw out there for a retainer.

The way this story is getting played, these guys really screwed up.