Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Default Fox News Bias

tinyurl.com/FoxNewsBias, a playlist of 147 videos.
    ... videos showing a pattern of bias on Fox News in which the use of editorial discretion consistently favors Bush, Republicans, and/or conservatives over Obama, Democrats, liberals, progressives, etc.

John Kyl caught making a nonfactual statement in Congress. [Colbert Report, 4/11/11]
    http://www.colbertnation.com/home

In this video at 3:54 a Tea Party training session is caught on camera and exposed.

At 4:43, the instructor begins describing the deceptive techniques he uses on the internet to falsify ratings on Amazon.com, etc. He says "So literally, 80% of the books I put a star on I don't read. So, that's how it works." He says he spends about 30 minutes a day doing this. He says "That's how you control the online dialog. Give our ideas a fighting chance."

So here we have not only a confession of deception but an attempt to corrupt others into the same scheme. If the only way their ideas can have a "fighting chance" is to lie, then as far as I'm concerned, they've already conceded that fight.

In the political campaigns I've worked with, enlistees are explicitly warned against using deception because it is likely to cause more harm than good to the group's reputation. That concern is not raised in this video.

Apparently the referenced video came from AstroturfWars.com.
    Last edited by Jimaz; April-12-11 at 09:40 PM.

Medicare and Medicaid are the only gov. provided health insurance.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...rss=ezra-klein

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/poli...=news/politics

Glenn Beck says only hookers use Planned Parenthood.

People with high pay work harder than the rest of us.

http://www.alternet.org/economy/1505...over_47_years/

"...The top 25 hedge fund earners took in $22.07 billion in 2010. Thanks to a generous tax loophole these billionaires will pay a top tax rate of 15 percent instead of 35 percent. Closing that loophole on just those 25 individuals – just 25 guys who wouldn’t miss a penny of it -- would raise $4.4 billion, which is enough to rehire 126,000 laid-off teachers..."

Seventy-two hours is not actually 72 hours to Republicans. No wonder they are gunning for Gary's seat.
    http://peters.house.gov/index.cfm?se...,22&itemid=374

Just another hard-working millionaire.
    http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...inga999880.DTL

Why Jamie Dimon's Pay Went Up 250% This Year & Yours Didn't

If someone posted this already, I apologize: A few weeks back on Bill Maher's HBO show he sourced a report that indicated that of all new wealth that was created from 1980 [[the start of "trickle down") through 2005 [[last available data per this report) close to 80% of that newly generated moola went to our nations top 1%-- Which amounted to something like 444 people, leaving the teeming masses of millions [[ re: the rest of us), holding the bag..... With a priceless dead-pan expression, and I hope someone popped it on You Tube, Bill turns to another camera and says something along the lines: "Now, just so you tea-baggers can comprehend this. Imagine a big 100 hundred slice pizza-- And the first guy in line takes 80 slices...."

RE: Maher's statement

The nasty details can be found at alternet.org, Verdict on Reaganomics. Just google it. The stats are pretty horrifying especially for the top .1%.

Here it is: Financial Meltdown Provides Final Verdict on Reaganomics.

That clearly shows that the idea that Reaganomics has been beneficial to the overall American economy is long overdue to have had a fork stuck in it. A newer, less incredulous lie is required for that scam to continue.

From a propaganda perspective it's interesting to speculate why the "trickledown" meme was cultivated so carefully. Perhaps the perps knew full well that their plan wouldn't deliver as originally advertised and so thought that lowering expectations to a "trickle" would help prolong the lucrative scheme as long as possible.

Another myth busted is the idea that wealth in today's economy is accumulated only by self sacrifice and so the only answer to poverty is that the poor should work harder. Well, I'll bet a whole lot more of us are asking ourselves what that wealthiest 0.1% sacrificed, otherwise unwillingly, to "earn" that much booty. "Independently" wealthy means you don't have to work. You don't have to earn. You don't have to sacrifice or support or care—for others.

Maybe that's the crux of the problem. Maybe our goal has deviated from caring for others, and so deviated from caring for mankind, and therefore deviated from caring for ourselves.
    Last edited by Jimaz; April-18-11 at 08:40 PM.

Lie: Republicans are fighting for the interests of the average citizen.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/0..._n_836682.html

".. Republicans are waging a two-front war on the CFPB[ Consumer Financial Protection Bureau], hoping to cut its funding and weigh down its rulemaking procedures by replacing its single director with a five-member board of directors.."

Lie: .Congressional Republicans attempted to portray Warren as the "unaccountable" head of a bureaucracy immune from oversight from Congress or federal agencies.

Quote Originally Posted by maxx View Post

Lie: .Congressional Republicans attempted to portray Warren as the "unaccountable" head of a bureaucracy immune from oversight from Congress or federal agencies.

"The Bureau of Consumer Financial Protection [[CFPB) will be an independent bureau within the Federal Reserve System that will help empower consumers with the information they need to make financial decisions that are best for them and their families." -the Treasury Department

Yes, maxx the CFPB will be a bureau within the privately owned Federal Reserve. If you think big banks should make financial decisions that are best for us you are supporting an extreme corporatist ideology. If you need yet another agency to protect you from doing stupid things, it would be better to place it under the control of Congress.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    Here it is: Financial Meltdown Provides Final Verdict on Reaganomics.

That clearly shows that the idea that Reaganomics has been beneficial to the overall American economy is long overdue to have had a fork stuck in it. A newer, less incredulous lie is required for that scam to continue.

From a propaganda perspective it's interesting to speculate why the "trickledown" meme was cultivated so carefully. Perhaps the perps knew full well that their plan wouldn't deliver as originally advertised and so thought that lowering expectations to a "trickle" would help prolong the lucrative scheme as long as possible.

Another myth busted is the idea that wealth in today's economy is accumulated only by self sacrifice and so the only answer to poverty is that the poor should work harder. Well, I'll bet a whole lot more of us are asking ourselves what that wealthiest 0.1% sacrificed, otherwise unwillingly, to "earn" that much booty. "Independently" wealthy means you don't have to work. You don't have to earn. You don't have to sacrifice or support or care—for others.

Maybe that's the crux of the problem. Maybe our goal has deviated from caring for others, and so deviated from caring for mankind, and therefore deviated from caring for ourselves.
    Almost without fail every instance of greatly increased wealth by an individual that I've personally witnessed [[only a handful, I don't run with that crowd) ended up in that said individuals pocket-- No great reinvestment into their businesses, or in the case of a local landlord I know- No great improvements of his rental properties-- Just a winter's long jaunt around the Caribbean, and some of those properties of his need some major work. "Trickle-down" just means someone around here gets to have a bigger boat to cruise Lake St. Clair...

oladub:
    From the article I cited: "...Rep. Al Green [[D-Texas) ticked off a list of statutory oversight requirements the CFPB is subject to: the Government Accountability Office must perform an annual audit of the new agency's operations; it must submit quarterly reports to the Office of Management and Budget; and the director must appear before Congress at least twice a year. Perhaps more importantly, the Financial Services Oversight Committee can overrule any new regulation issued by the CFPB if the committee deems that the rule poses a threat to bank stability..."

Is that enough oversight?

Quote Originally Posted by Redleg81 View Post
    Almost without fail every instance of greatly increased wealth by an individual that I've personally witnessed [[only a handful, I don't run with that crowd) ended up in that said individuals pocket-- No great reinvestment into their businesses, or in the case of a local landlord I know- No great improvements of his rental properties-- Just a winter's long jaunt around the Caribbean, and some of those properties of his need some major work. "Trickle-down" just means someone around here gets to have a bigger boat to cruise Lake St. Clair...
    One of the advantages of having a high marginal tax rate back in the day when it was 92% is that it would greatly encourage business owners to reinvest profits into there businesses rather than take that tax hit.
    Supply-side economics, Reaganomics, trickle-down whatever you choose to call it was a creation of the right-wing to justify their followers being able to keep more dollars in their trust fund.

Quote Originally Posted by maxx View Post
    oladub:
    From the article I cited: "...Rep. Al Green [[D-Texas) ticked off a list of statutory oversight requirements the CFPB is subject to: the Government Accountability Office must perform an annual audit of the new agency's operations; it must submit quarterly reports to the Office of Management and Budget; and the director must appear before Congress at least twice a year. Perhaps more importantly, the Financial Services Oversight Committee can overrule any new regulation issued by the CFPB if the committee deems that the rule poses a threat to bank stability..."

Is that enough oversight?
    Establishing the Federal Reserve, a cabal of private megabanks. is not a power that was given to Congress. The Constitution gives Congress, not the Federal Reserve, the power to coin and regulate the value of money. Just today the relative spending power dropped over 1% relative to other currencies based on what Bernanke said. I think the Federal Reserve should therefore be abolished. Even Dennis Kucinich's idea of having Congress control the Fed would be an improvement.

Beyond that, No, I don't thing that is enough oversight. I don't even think this new bureaucracy is a good idea.

Andrew Brietbart smearing college professors with deceptively edited video
    MediaMatters' analysis of the videos, however, reveals that they have been edited to make it seem that the professors were endorsing the kind of "thuggish" tactics that they were actually rejecting.

Default change to believe in

"I will promise you this, that if we have not gotten our troops out by the time I am president, it is the first thing I will do. I will get our troops home. We will bring an end to this war. You can take that to the bank." -Senator Obama on the campaign trail http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kr9ywEFRQkQ

"We are still operating under that timeline, that it will be days, not weeks,"
    -Presidential spokesman Jay Carney referring to the handover of control of President Obama's unconstitutional war against the Libyan government to NATO or somebody who would then define it's mission.http://www.trust.org/alertnet/news/u...ndover-in-days

President Barack Obama told congressional leaders there are no plans to use the U.S. military to assassinate Libyan strongman Muammar Qadhafi

BREAKING NEWS : NATO airstrikes kills son of Gadhafi and 3 grandchildren! Gadhafi survived the same airstrike.

"I'M ASKING YOU TO BELIEVE. Not just in my ability to bring about real change in Washington...I'm asking you to believe in yours." -Barack Obama

"Another reason to root — if not vote — for Ron Paul: if there was a Republican in the White House, liberals just might start caring about the murder of non-Americans again."
    from http://dissidentvoice.org/2011/04/ro...a-lesser-evil/

I am all for depoliticizing the Fed, but I certainly wouldn't hand over the power to control interest rates to the corrupt Congress we have today.

Sarah Palin: Paul Revere Warned The British Of what? That the British are coming?

And someone's not too embarrassed to defend her? The Palin Apologists Strike Back!
    Following the Sarah Palin playbook of never admitting error, the ex-governor’s minions are busy flooding the Internet....

... Palin ... had attended a presentation dealing with these topics just prior to her statement....
    Their lips are moving. There's no doubt about that.

Palin fans attempt to rewrite Paul Revere’s Wikipedia page
    Sarah Palin supporters are literally attempting to rewrite history after she flubbed the story of Paul Revere's ride last week last week, taking to Wikipedia with their own revisions to the beloved story in an effort to make Palin's version look true....

User Opcnup offered a "humble suggestion" for Palin supporters. "If you want to find a source to work into the article, you should search for sources that agree with what Palin said BEFORE she said it. Sarah Palin doesn't belong in this article, because it's an article about Paul Revere not about Sarah Palin, but if you want to bolster her position retroactively you just need to go back to anything released a week ago or more that counts as a [reliable source] and bring that to the forefront."

"I would strongly suggest locking this page until the Palin controversy blows over and her supporters lose interest in trying to rewrite the page to conform with her erroneous version of Revere's ride," Wikipedia editor Black Max wrote.
    I think it is possible to dig your way out of a hole but it generally involves digging around the sides in an upward direction.
    Last edited by Jimaz; June-06-11 at 07:20 PM.

Bachmann fans float Wikipedia edits to cover candidate’s recent gaffes
    Bachmann, who officially launched her campaign yesterday in Waterloo, Iowa, told a Fox News reporter that she was proud to be in the town where John Wayne was from, because she embodies his ideals. Unfortunately for her, it turns out that the actor John Wayne was not from Waterloo, but serial killer John Wayne Gacy was.

Shortly after the gaffe, the Wikipedia page for actor John Wayne was altered to change his birthplace from Winterset, Iowa to Waterloo, apparently as an effort to cover for the misguided politician.

Another edit came after she declared Tuesday morning that the nation's sixth president, John Quincy Adams, was a "founding father," even though he was just a child when his father, the nation's second president, signed the Declaration of Independence.

Sure enough, in short order Adams's Wikipedia entry was changed to call him a "founding father." The page's administrator quickly struck down the revision, insisting that users not make edits "based on current events."

We could devote at least a page of this thread to Michele Bachman's "psycho talk" . Some of what she says is fundamentalist gibberish, but other statements, like the one that suggests Obama caused swine flu, appear to be her running things up the flagpole to see how many idiots will salute. Alternet has 32 of her craziest statements.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast