Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Stosh Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jt1 View Post
    The reporter that did nothing but film these idiots and call them out for it. Somehow it's his fault that they are morons.
    It's POLITICAL. Do a google search and see how this is being broadcast amongst the right wing troll media, INCLUDING Fox News channels nationwide. Holy stretch indeed? NOT.

Quote Originally Posted by Stosh View Post
    It's POLITICAL. Do a google search and see how this is being broadcast amongst the right wing troll media, INCLUDING Fox News channels nationwide. Holy stretch indeed? NOT.
    Um, so it's an accurate report, you're just pissed who is reporting it?

Stosh Guest

Quote Originally Posted by bailey View Post
    Um, so it's an accurate report, you're just pissed who is reporting it?
    Accurate yes, but why it was done is what's slimy about it. Do the Google search and see the reporting nationwide. Better yet, LMGTFY....

http://tinyurl.com/34qjd4p

Ah, yes.

Woe to the worker who goldbricks around,
    The shareholders' money he takes by the ounce,
    But god bless the bankers who steal by the pound,
    E'en as they sabotage all our accounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitnerd View Post
    Ah, yes.

Woe to the worker who goldbricks around,
    The shareholders' money he takes by the ounce,
    But god bless the bankers who steal by the pound,
    E'en as they sabotage all our accounts.
    Pretty poor logic. Condeming these guys does not assume that anyone is supporting the actions of the bankers, leadership, etc.

They messed up [[numerous times). Just because bakers, leadership, etc make poor choices does not change their actions.

Next time management screws up can we point out how the workers were out getting drunk/stoned at lunch so it allows management a free pass?

Accurate yes, but why it was done is what's slimy about it. Do the Google search and see the reporting nationwide. Better yet, LMGTFY....

So if the right wing media is going to pick up on something we shoudl just stick our heads in the sand?

Hell, the national media got a hold of half of Detroit leaders being corrupt. Should we state 'Fuck the Free Press' for brining it to light.

Let's keep a running tally of the excuses for these idiots:

1. The old three martinin lunch for executives [[which is a time of the past)
    2. They must be alcoholics and need help [[granted that was statement as what their claim will be)
    3. It is a hatchet job by the right wing media to villify the bailouts/domestic auto companies
    4. The bankers/leadership have messed up so we should ignore their wrong doings.

I'm sure there will be more wonderful deflections.

So if NBC reported it, it would be ok?

maybe if you removed "+fox" you'd notice that not all outlets reporting it were fox.

Just watched the Wolchek Fox2 piece. The autoworkers were a bit dumb to be so blatantly open about boozing or catching a buzz while a reporter and his shooter are milling around. And, sadly, it's true that anti-union people love to use stuff like this to "prove" that organized labor is worthless. I wouldn't expect anything different from Rupert Murdoch and his "running dogs." [[BTW - I'm a 30 year union member).

Stosh Guest

Quote Originally Posted by bailey View Post
    So if NBC reported it, it would be ok?

maybe if you removed "+fox" you'd notice that not all outlets reporting it were fox.
    Just an example. And yes, if you remove Fox, you will see who else is reporting. The usual crowd. It's all politically motivated.

Pretty poor logic. Condeming these guys does not assume that anyone is supporting the actions of the bankers, leadership, etc.

They messed up [[numerous times). Just because bakers, leadership, etc make poor choices does not change their actions.

Next time management screws up can we point out how the workers were out getting drunk/stoned at lunch so it allows management a free pass?
    When the rich their trillions hog,
    The news reacts with lilting sigh,
    But when our workers fuck the dog,
    The news flips out with hue and cry.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockin' Best View Post
    Just watched the Wolchek Fox2 piece. The autoworkers were a bit dumb to be so blatantly open about boozing or catching a buzz while a reporter and his shooter are milling around. And, sadly, it's true that anti-union people love to use stuff like this to "prove" that organized labor is worthless. I wouldn't expect anything different from Rupert Murdoch and his "running dogs." [[BTW - I'm a 30 year union member).
    I'm pretty anti-union but I don't see using this piece to "prove" that organized labor is worthless. I use this piece to prove that a big reason that people view unions the way they do is because the worst of the worst are protected. Sadly, these idiots that represent a fraction of a percent of all union workers become the face of the union once they are protected.

Cut these guys loose, send a message that it won't be tolerated and ensure that the vast majority that work hard everyday become the face of the union.

It's likely that Maheras-Gentry Park was pretty empty this morning from 11:00 to 11:30.

News reporters will almost always broadcast this crap if they find it. Feather in their cap. Scott Lewis is at 7 now, so Rob is picking up some of the slack. I am not condemning Rob for reporting this slimy news. That is his job, WJBK must love the ratings. Like it or not, there are people that thrive on this stuff. I do not like the image it continues to give our area. We don't need another black eye. It hurts. What also hurt are the car bills I had when my American made cars failed due to something done wrong on the line. Once an engine bolt was missing, and another problem that escapes my failing memory at this time. I still buy American.

Now I know why the weatherstripping around the windows of my Jeep Grand Cherokee are falling off. They must've been put on by this crew during the afternoon.

I have to support everyone one of your posts on this thread JT1. Well said.

These guys do make the union look bad and the union rewards them by protecting them [[just like they do thieves at their various workplaces). Unions would be smart to not assist these guys and instead when they lose their jobs they can be put in AA if that is the case. But fighting to keep these bums does nothing for anyone.

There are too many good, hard working people looking for work. The best thing for the Union and Chrysler would be to replace the losers with better people.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockin' Best View Post
    On a side note-- is that old movie "Blue Collar" on dvd yet? Harvey Keitel, Richard Pryor, Yaphet Kotto? I've never seen it. Is it any good?

Unions represent workers during such disciplinary actions. That is another trait of unions that most non-union workers resent.

There are various violations that union contracts allow for the company to terminate an employe and the union does not challenge the dismissal [[if i'm not mistaken).

Your average non-union American worker will view this event negatively if the union defends these employees. I don't blame them. To me unions would have a better reputation if they did not defend employees under such egregious circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by MizMotown View Post
    "we are nothing only Sneetches, thinking that our stars are brighter than on thars" -Ben Cooper lyrics 'The Sneetches'
    I don't want any part of this conversation, but the Star Bellied Sneetches are a Dr. Seuss creation. Lets give credit where credit is due.

doesn't the UAW have internal rules about substance abuse?
    Last edited by Hypestyles; September-23-10 at 02:38 PM.

Guess I wouldn't be hanging around any parks when there's a gray Chrysler mini van with dark tinted windows there.

Bet that's the van they shot the videos from.

They've had a nice long discussion on the subject on 97.1 all afternoon. I'm out of a skilled trades job, and can't even find work at a party store. The UAW should give these guys the heave ho after two write ups with management. Then hire some fresh blood for a go at it.

This is just more ammo for the Richard Shelby fanclub and more bad press the Detroit auto makers as well as the region simply does not need. People have mentioned that they are alcoholics but we don't have any proof of that. Just because someone is sucking down a cold one at lunch doesn't make him or her an alcholic, BUT not on their lunch break. This is like the story of Ben Hamper all over again.

This happens at all levels and in all industries across North America. Fucking off at lunchtime is far more widespread than we care to admit. The problem is that the UAW will slap these assholes on the wrist and send them to counseling...on Chrysler's dime. Do these saladtossers understand how luck they are to even be working right now? I know so many better people who would take those jobs in a heartbeat.

I do know that this same shit goes on at Sterling Stamping at 15 and Van Dyke. The cops have had to make big time busts their for dope dealers and other shit going down. As a matter of fact, I guess it was so bad that the company was thinking of shuttering the palce altogether a few years before the meltdown.

Remember that they are doing this on OUR dime.

I'm pretty anti-union but I don't see using this piece to "prove" that organized labor is worthless. I use this piece to prove that a big reason that people view unions the way they do is because the worst of the worst are protected. Sadly, these idiots that represent a fraction of a percent of all union workers become the face of the union once they are protected.

Cut these guys loose, send a message that it won't be tolerated and ensure that the vast majority that work hard everyday become the face of the union.

Yup, that's right on the money jt. I've done security for one of these big 3 and I'm telling everyone right now jt is 100% correct. I NEVER here the names of people that just come in, put in their 8 hrs and go home. 95% of the time, it's the same faces over and over being sent home unfit for work in cabs [[paid for by the company and passed on to US) the union is only used as a lawyer to protect the fuck ups, and occasionally a good guy who got screwed out of hours or whatever. They are constantly using "it's a disese" to protect their members. What happens here is they get sent to a rehab facility [[paid)...they don't have to prove they're clean, just do the time and your back at work.
    At one time unions made serious sense, and still do to a degree. But it's WAY out of control now.
    Ravine is also right about this going on since day one. When they tore the old foundry down here in Windsor, the building eater ripped at a floor and a SEA of beer bottles came flowing out of the frickin floor! It must have been 80 + years of people stuffing bottles in between the floor when they were done. You wouln't beleive the places and lengths these guys will go to, to make a little hang out, or somewhere to sleep. If they put half the energy into their job as they did making forts they wouldn't be in the position they are today.
    And it's also true that you can't bring a rival comany's car on site. Want to know how stupid they get about it? One guy had a Mazda 6 parked in a Ford hourly lot. He came and reported that his car had been vandalized. I check it out and scratched ...to the metal, across his hood, trunk and doors was "THANKS FOR BUYING FORGEIN ASSHOLE"

Mazda....Ford...............don't one own the other?

I would LOVE to know why a guy making 40 bucks an hour is only required to fart out ONE dollar for presciptions. Is it because WE pick up the tab when we purchase a vehicle?

I don't have a problem with good investigative journalism. But Wolchek needs to decide whether he wants to be a journalist or a comic. His aw shucks funny attitude in his reports are unprofessional. He even had a sound track for this report, Playing BTO's Takin Care Of Business. This is serious stuff, so Rob, go be a game show host or a comic somewhere else.
    Last edited by Downriviera; September-23-10 at 11:02 PM.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast