Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    OK, I'll bite...

Make sure that you NEVER get a shopping cart from the parking lot, and only get them from inside the store in the cart area... and when you take your groceries back out to the car in the cart... make sure you leave the cart right next to the car... and not put it into the cart corral... that way you won't accidentally be training to be a bagger working for free, and giving the store manager an even bigger bonus!

And whatever you do... DO NOT bag your own groceries. Just stand there, and wait for the cashier [[or in the rare case when one is available... the bagger) to pack your groceries...

Yes... I know... it sounds silly....
    No need to tell me to do those things because I already am. At my age I remember when all grocery stores did those things, called it customer service and sold groceries for a lot less. They even offered to take your groceries to your car and the bag boy appreciated the tip. I do put the buggy in the cart area so other drivers do not have damage done to their car. Not as a service to the grocery store. Maybe if customers would demand more stores wouldn't expect us to accept less.

Quote Originally Posted by CLAUDE G View Post
    The discount cards drive me crazy, at first I tried to avoid the stores that forced their customers to use them, but now that everyone has their own stupid discount card program I have no choice.

What I do is when I check out and the cashier asks me for my card, I tell them to use the store card. Then when they ask if I want a card, I tell them no.

Its stupid that these stores jack up their prices and try to force everyone to enroll in their discount card program to give people the same prices they had before the discount card program existed.

I went to Best Buy and they wanted to sign me up for their reward zone crap, went to Radio Shack last week to buy a fricken battery and the guy at the register wants all my personal information. Finally got pist off and said he doesn't need it if im paying cash.
    GOOD FOR YOU. I have told more than one store if they didn't feel I deserved the sale price without knowing my personal information they didn't deserve my business. Don't know if you have these 2 stores up there. Aldi and Publix. Both are cheaper than usual grocery store prices, neither require you to have a card. Aldi for example has small can of mushrooms for 59 cents. Area grocery stores want 89 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by fanniemae View Post
    Sorry, I was raised better.

You were raised to take jobs from people? Cleaning up after yourself at home is different than at a fast food joint.

Quote Originally Posted by thatguy123 View Post
    This is an extremely ignorant post, considering one of the biggest credit card processing companies is located in Troy and all money run through that processor stays in the area. Typical though for the extreme outer fringe of society that posts things like the quoted post above to not have all the facts
    Name it and provide proof that all the profits stay here. I'm sure the banks and VISA [[in California) would beg to differ.

Quote Originally Posted by Downriviera View Post
    You were raised to take jobs from people? Cleaning up after yourself at home is different than at a fast food joint.
    My family raised me to have good manners. To me leaving your stuff on a table in a limited service restaurant similar to throwing stuff on the highway. Or one could go litter the highway to keep the street cleaners and convicts in business. Getting back to the subject of this thread, I still like uscans, like to bag my own groceries, check the prices as I ring. How do you feel about that?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3