Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

“Quite frankly, I'm exhausted,” said one questioner. “Exhausted of defending you, defending your administration, defending the man for change I voted for, and deeply disappointed with where we are right now.” Here was another questioner: “Like a lot of people in my generation, I was really inspired by you and by your campaign and message that you brought, and that inspiration is dying away. It feels like the American dream is not attainable to a lot of us.”
    http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/_news...disappointment

What did they tell Bush?

yep, it's still the economy. they just dont get it.

They care more about illegal immigrants than legal Americans.
    And health care means nothing if you've lost your house and your job.

1Kielsondrive... just how many Obama rant threads are you planning on starting on the Non-Detroit Issues side... everytime I read a new one I chuckle because I already know beforehand that you will be the one that started it.... you're starting to sound/act like Karl!!

Is it really necessary to start so many, when basically your always saying the same thing??

how bout a big ass anti obama megathread?

Quote Originally Posted by 1KielsonDrive View Post
    You are correct. I fell for Obama's BS and I'm angry about it.
    And if McCain won, and promised the same kinds of things and didn't deliver how would you react? It's basically a no-win situation. Neither party is the end all be all of political computance. They both suck at this point in time.

Default Town Hall Questioner To Obama.... VIDEOS

OK, here is are the videos from the town hall meeting in which the questioner asked specific questions:

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vid...nding_you.html

Excerpt from questioner: "I'm one of your middle class Americans. And quite frankly, I'm exhausted. Exhausted of defending you, defending your administration, defending the mantle of change that I voted for," a woman told President Obama at a town hall.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vid...ted_woman.html

"My husband and I have joked for years that we thought we were well beyond the hot dogs and beans era of our lives, but, quite frankly, it's starting to knock on our door and ring true that that might be where we're headed again, and, quite frankly, Mr. President, I need you to answer this honestly. Is this my new reality?," she added.
    Last edited by Zacha341; September-22-10 at 05:50 AM.

Nope, LOL! That would be too, too easy to dismiss and wall-off as right-winged propaganda rubbish. Instead as questions and concerns come up we should attempt to objectively discuss them openly withstanding our party affiliation or politic loyalty or rather or not we voted for him or not. A tall order I know, but we have to be able to critique any president as needed....
    Quote Originally Posted by Papasito View Post
    Last edited by Zacha341; September-22-10 at 06:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    1Kielsondrive... just how many Obama rant threads are you planning on starting on the Non-Detroit Issues side... everytime I read a new one I chuckle because I already know beforehand that you will be the one that started it.... you're starting to sound/act like Karl!!

Is it really necessary to start so many, when basically your always saying the same thing??
    It must be frustrating watching the whole Obama hopeychangy thingy come unglued. Even Larry Sommers left the sinking ship yesterday to go back to Harvard. Harvard is in Cambridge which is where that cheery message that the recession had ended came from last week. CK is right that it probably wouldn't have been any better with McCain.

What do you think? Should the boy who noticed that the Emperor didn't have a nice outfit, and had the audacity to say so, have been put on tranquilizers? Should only those of us with independent credentials and oppositional defiant disorder be allowed to criticize Bush and Obama?

"Truth is treason in the Empire of Lies" -Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    And if McCain won, and promised the same kinds of things and didn't deliver how would you react? It's basically a no-win situation. Neither party is the end all be all of political computance. They both suck at this point in time.
    I agree, Cinci. Right now though, I'm focused on the present occupant of the White House. That's where my anger is aimed. Heaven knows how I'd react if McCain was our Chief Prevaricator. I have enough anger without imagining a worse situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post

Gistok, it's probably not necessary. I guess I'll calm down. At least I hope so. My girlfriend commented about my rantings also. Who is Karl? And, is Karl as bad/or worse than I am?

I'm game. I'm game.

In the name of conserving space, of course

In the name of conserving space, of course
    How benevolent of you.

Who is Karl? And, is Karl as bad/or worse than I am?
    Former poster and hater of all things left/liberal/Democratic etc., especially those baby killing women's libbers. So no, you aren't as bad as he was.

Quote Originally Posted by Pam View Post
    Former poster and hater of all things left/liberal/Democratic etc., especially those baby killing women's libbers. So no, you aren't as bad as he was.
    Thank goodness, there's someone worse than me posting here at DY.

Trust me Kielson, there have been much worse than you here, hell some would probably include me in that group!

He's not here anymore.

It's not as if the banished weren't given more than enough rope to hang themselves. DetroitYES wouldn't have become the success it has without its tolerant but stern stewardship.

I don't see anything wrong with constructive criticism. I take Obama as one who eagerly welcomes it. Hell, he needs all the help he can get!

In today's news, Obama again said that he feels or understands our 'frustration'. Where on earth does this guy come from? He doesn't have a clue about a common person's frustration, anger, resentment, futility or anything else. His advisors should clue him in on making such stupid statements. And he now plans to leave our troops in Afghanistan until at least 2014. We can fight wars, fund the UN, NATO, the IMF and defense budgets, but we can't pay for schools, firefighters, cops, health care, teachers or anything else, back home. 'Change You Can Believe In?' NO! Obama is a loser. He's a right wing conservative masquerading as a liberal. No amount of articulation and speechifying can mask the fact that he doesn't have what it takes. Bush 2 was a more effective [[no, I didn't say better) president than Obama is, by at least a mile.

He's a right wing conservative masquerading as a liberal.
    Oh my. I know a gang of tea partiers whose head would explode from reading that statement. Half of my co-workers would riot if they heard you say that. Of all the criticisms you could successfully and believably use against Obama, this is one I don't think anyone on either side of the aisle would accept.

He's a right wing conservative masquerading as a liberal
    He wasn't the most liberal candidate who ran for president in 2008. That was Dennis Kucinich. Obama was always described as a "moderate or centrist" in the stuff I read.

Obama.....He's a right wing conservative masquerading as a liberal.
    Why on earth would you label Obama as a "conservative?" Really?

federal spending - not conservative by a longshot
    growth of federal gov't - also not conservative by a longshot
    bail-outs and "stimulus" - opposite of conservative

Now, I absolutely agree that he is not much different than W Bush [[who was not a conservative), meaning the BS Bush started [[dept of homeland security/TSA, patriot act, wars/empire building, no child left behind) is far far far from ending with this administration. All Bush did was pass the baton and Obama is running full speed with it. Different administration but same puppetmasters?

johnsmith, Regarding these three things you brought up:

federal spending - not conservative by a longshot
    growth of federal gov't - also not conservative by a longshot
    bail-outs and "stimulus" - opposite of conservative
    Bush wasn't a monetary conservative either. The puppet masters don't seem to care too much about social issues and arrangements as long as such things don't interfere with larger objectives. The distractions are therefore useful. Health care, for instance, is fine as long as corporate America's profit margins increase. Actual care is a secondary issue.

Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post
    ......as long as corporate America's profit margins increase.
    I think you hit the nail right on the head there with EVERYTHING our federal government does.

Quote Originally Posted by Crumbled_pavement View Post
    Oh my. I know a gang of tea partiers whose head would explode from reading that statement. Half of my co-workers would riot if they heard you say that. Of all the criticisms you could successfully and believably use against Obama, this is one I don't think anyone on either side of the aisle would accept.
    Let their heads explode and let them riot. You said, 'either side of the aisle would accept'. You are correct if you're speaking of demicans and republicrats. If you're speaking of anyone who's seen through all of this two party [[one) bu*^s_#t - hegemony, then my statement, even if not articulated well [[I'm really angry at this poseur), makes much sense. In fact, many I've spoken to agree with what I've said, they just might not have said it quite the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by Pam View Post
    He wasn't the most liberal candidate who ran for president in 2008. That was Dennis Kucinich. Obama was always described as a "moderate or centrist" in the stuff I read.
    You are correct. I maintain Obama is a right-wing conservative, much like Bill Clinton. Liberal is a label designed to draw in left-leaning voters. There's only a few degrees of separation between most of the republicrats and demicans. But even saying that, you'd expect Obama made some basic changes. What's changed? The wars? DADT? Health Care? Unemployment? Social Security? If Obama has his way, Social Security will be major downsized. He's already turned into a cry baby. Look at all of his remarks after the election. He couldn't kiss the far right wingers as+*s fast enough. Now he's shuttling across DC to the Chamber of Commerce's offices to make up to them. Has he apologized to the unemployed workers of America? Chicago political fighter?? Whatta joke.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast