Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 13 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast

Thread: Detroit 1-8-7

Tonight's episode was very good, the drag queen angle pretty interesting. Lou-Vi's? LOL. Any location spotters notice points of interest? I wasn't really paying attention to that tonight.

We'll see tomorrow how the ratings were; I wish it were a lead into "Castle" on Monday's instead and move the godawful "The Bachelor". Blecch!

They should change the day and time of "Detroit 187" at least once before they give it the old heave-ho. I can't understand the short-sightedness of broadcast TV. They invest so much in shows, only to tank them prematurely. Just about every great TV show in history was in danger of being canceled early at least once.

Here's a link to a site with helpful info on how to get the network to continue the show and a petition to ABC. The show looks to be in serious trouble.
    http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/de...-8-7-petition/

Add me to the list of people WHO ARE NOT HAPPY if the show is canceled. Almost threw something at the TV when they said next show was March 1.

Bumped for a Charlie Sheen interview tonight.......

From the D187 Twitter feed:

UPDATE: We will be airing the next 2 episodes on 3/8 and 3/15. Our finale will air Sun, 3/20 @ 10PM on ABC. [[SUBJECT TO CHANGE)

I assume that's the "Season" finale.

Quote Originally Posted by Alley_Cat View Post
    From the D187 Twitter feed:

UPDATE: We will be airing the next 2 episodes on 3/8 and 3/15. Our finale will air Sun, 3/20 @ 10PM on ABC. [[SUBJECT TO CHANGE)

I assume that's the "Season" finale.
    I hope it gets renewed.

Yesterday I was tuned into......... Something..... Anyway ABC broadcasts some new medical examiner's show starring Dana Delany....March 29th. Season finale? I fear it will be the series finale. Crap.

If they would have put some effort into promoting the show during the Oscars as much as they promoted the upcoming Dana Delaney turd [[be honest, it looks like a dud), maybe they could attract some attention to the show. Too bad they can't shoot some new epi's for the summer and hopefully get some attention attracted away from "The Good Wife."

187 was DOA when they announced that the show would premiere on Tuesday night at 10PM. In fact No Ordinary Family and V are doomed too. First off, no show is going to beat NCIS and NCIS:LA. Pulling over twenty million viewers is hard to overtake and it is hard for 187 to compete when the Good Wife is pulling 12 million of those NCIS viewers compared to the 5 or so million 187 gets. ABC should have build up it Friday night and had its Tuesday nights shows on Friday. Look what CBS have done with Blue Bloods. Somehow, they are pulling in 11 million viewers at 10PM on a Friday night. It's too bad that 187 will probably get the shaft but that television for you. Hopefully, another show can be based in Detroit and perhaps the show can thrive.

The show is very likely to be canceled. This might be the last time that I get comfortable with a show on ABC during the first season. That network has a track record of prematurely pulling the plug on good shows.

I was so pi**ed off when I settled down to watch DETROIT 187 and *another* Charlie Sheen diatribe was on!!!
    One of my friends has a speaking role, and I was looking forward to seeing him! Also, they rented 6 of my paintings for the set! This show is so proactive about using art by Metro Detroit Artists!

Quote Originally Posted by LEOQUEEN View Post
    . . . One of my friends has a speaking role, and I was looking forward to seeing him! Also, they rented 6 of my paintings for the set! This show is so proactive about using art by Metro Detroit Artists!
    That is fabulous they used your art! Congratulations! I will look for it on the last 2 shows.

I didnt have much hope for the show in the beginning but have really enjoyed it lately. Maybe Im just a Detroiter enjoying the scenery and connections more than the rest of the viewers but I really hope it makes it.

Congrats Leo, thats kickass. I know Jerome Ferretti also had his work used for a set. I also think William Hafer's paintings were used early on. I was surprised to see one of my rock formations used in the opening scenes on the show Hung, but it was barely visible.

I would have thought a easy way to do a crime series about Detroit is to spin off on the movie Beverly Hills Cop. The plots are already established from the movie history. Cast Chris Rock in the Eddie Murphy role and build from there. No fuss, no muss...keep the soundtrack within the Motown theme and give it a frenetic twist. I agree that some, just some study of Detroit's real day to day environment is necessary for the series to be successful...I believe the components are there just as it played for Hill Street Blues, Miami Vice etc. in their locales....

I'm going against the grain here but it is what it is. I was plain disappointed to me it was just weak. I gave it a few episodes where it DID improve, but nowhere close to where it held my interest.
    The best cop show out there now is Southland, and that one goes in six episode seasons, absolute gritty from the writing to the acting to the final production.

But YMMV

'Detroit 1-8-7' Future Uncertain With 3 Shows Left

With three episodes left to air and its future uncertain, the principals behind the ABC crime drama "Detroit 1-8-7" are fighting for a second season — even if that means trying to follow other network cast-offs to eventual success on basic cable.

The made-in-Motown show returns from a break Tuesday night with the first of its initial season's final three episodes. The series, which stars Michael Imperioli of "Sopranos" fame and veteran actor James McDaniel, has been well received by critics and has done reasonably well with viewers, averaging 7.6 million viewers and placing second in its time spot behind CBS's "The Good Wife," but ahead of NBC's "Parenthood."

Even so, ABC Entertainment Group President Paul Lee told the Television Critics Association in January that "Detroit 1-8-7" was among a few shows for which ratings, not quality, was an issue.

While it's rare for cable networks to pick up shows cancelled by networks, McDaniel and executive producer David Zabel said they'd be open to such a switch.

"I hope the network has the integrity and courage to stick by a show that they know is good," Zabel said. "If not, then I hope the studio is diligent and crafty enough to find a way to allow us to continue on elsewhere."

Cathy Rehl said ABC executives were not available to comment for this story because they are busy dealing with pilot season. Zabel knows that studying the pilots is part of the process that will decide his show's fate, and he's been promised that the network isn't making a hasty decision on the ABC Studios-produced show.

"I think for a show like ours to succeed on a network like ABC — which is not the obvious place for a show like this — there needs to be greater awareness of the show among the audience that I think would really appreciate the show. And I don't think that's happened," Zabel said. He added he thinks "Detroit 1-8-7" has a bit of a cable feel and could do well on a cable network, citing network refugee "Southland," which is thriving on TNT after being cut by NBC.
    Click here for full article: http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/...ry?id=13078669

ETA: Thought this was relevant to be added to this post:

Should renewal come, ABC has to deal with the concern that the "1-8-7" soundstage built in the Detroit enclave of Highland Park and other expenses associated with the show's production will lose state tax credits that are among the most generous in the country and have lured many film productions to Michigan. The new Republican governor, Rick Snyder, has proposed scrapping or limiting those credits, arguing the state can't afford them.

Snyder's first budget proposal calls for eliminating the film tax incentive program and ordering a $25 million cap on credits starting later this year. Current commitments would be honored.

Michigan Film Office spokeswoman Michelle Begnoche says it appears that "Detroit 1-8-7" wouldn't be eligible for additional credits, since next season would be for new applications.

Zabel, who also was an executive producer and show runner on "ER," said Detroit has offered an authentic setting that can't be replicated, but he could see being forced to follow the example of his former show, where they filmed in California but shot exteriors several times a year in Chicago.
    Last edited by iheartthed; March-07-11 at 05:19 PM.

Tonight's episode was awesome! Kept you guessing the whole time.

Quote Originally Posted by Redleg81 View Post
    Yesterday I was tuned into......... Something..... Anyway ABC broadcasts some new medical examiner's show starring Dana Delany....March 29th. Season finale? I fear it will be the series finale. Crap.
    187 is seemingly starting to hit a groove. So ABC trashes their investment for a showcase vehicle for an actress who gets series after series in starring roles that go nowhere above a "B". How many cancellations does it take? Coroner shows are so last decade. I don't get it.

Her agent must be a genius.

Another great episode last night. I got a bad feeling as soon as Sanchez said she had to run back to the apartment.

Nice twist with Pup, good music, an interesting storyline, and a nice subplot with Fitch torturing Washington with the evaluation. I love this show and I am trying to remain optimistic about it's chances for a second season.

Last night's show....

I saw the junkie ex-girlfriend coming after Stone from a mile away. Suspected it all night, but as soon as he cut her off it was obvious.

Loved the Pup storyline with him being DEA, and the way it played out with Stone getting fake-killed by Pup to convince the bad guys.

Also lover the storyline with the McCord family Matriarch being the murderer. She about crapped herself when she learned Pup was under-cover DEA. Excellent scene.

Overall, a really good episode of a show that is just getting better every week. I don't get to watch every week [[should set the DVR), but I hope it's back for another season.

Will be interesting to see if re-runs are shown over the summer, and if there is a subsequent ratings boost. Re-runs could save the show.
    Last edited by RedeemerKid; March-09-11 at 11:34 AM.

Good news and bad news about the show in this article. On the negative side, only 5.1 million viewers tuned in. On the positive side, Detroit 187 was ABC's best viewed show with the 18-49 crowd.

I still say the last minute premptions, like the ones for the 20/20 special and the Sheen interview, have worked against this show growing it's audience.

http://www.freep.com/article/2011031...xt|FRONTPAGE|s

i must admit I almost forgot about this show [[and when it airs)

I watched the first few and it started off a bit slow but I've been catching up on Hulu and its really starting to grow on me. I think I'll start watching it and hope it stays around awhile. I'm a bit afraid that with the Chicago code out now maybe here's an excess of cop shows. i guess we'll see.

The show, to me, has gotten better and i would hate to see it go. I think the show fairly shows both the downtrodden parts of the city along with it's treasures. I do wonder, however, when watching the show, how detroit gained so many white people?

Does anybody know what house they filmed in for the latest episode "Stone Cold?"

Quote Originally Posted by detroitdoc View Post
    Does anybody know what house they filmed in for the latest episode "Stone Cold?"
    i was thinking Palmer Woods.............dunno

I think that Detroit 187 should go the way of cable television if ABC decide not to give the show a second season. The show could go on HBO where there would be no restraint on dialogue or storyline. The viewership could still be steady or probably increase. The Sopranos had done well on HBO as well as other programs. I still think that the producers of the show should try other networks to such as CBS or NBC if ABC doesn't want to give the show another season. I sure hope that the season finaly will end with a big bang to make viewers beg for more or another season. I think that agent Harkins being crooked FBI agent sent to kill Fitch unsucessfully would be a good ending plot.

Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 13 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast