Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 12 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast

Thread: Detroit 1-8-7

Omar will be on next week.

lilpup Guest

Quote Originally Posted by p1acebo View Post
    So, what did you guys think of this episode?
    Gotta admit I was a little shocked at the damage Tommy Hearns seems to have suffered [[granted, it was the briefest of appearances).

According to TV By the Numbers.com, "Detroit 1-8-7 and No Ordinary Family are certain to be canceled at the end of the season". http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...rewell-v/81822

Hmm, and I thought tonights epi was pretty good! The TV biz doesn't give shows time to take hold. They've canceled a lot of good ones this year.

Nice to see Hygrade's Deli as a murder scene. Thought the owner was suppose to make it into a scene.
    On another note, the FBI agent sure reminds me of the blond in The Office that Michael is infatuated with. Both kind of ditzy.

Quote Originally Posted by lilpup View Post
    Gotta admit I was a little shocked at the damage Tommy Hearns seems to have suffered [[granted, it was the briefest of appearances).
    I saw TH outside of Westborn Market in RO about 7-8 years ago and mentioned being a big fan of his. He talked to me for about 20 seconds, but I couldn't decipher one word that he spoke. All he did was mumble.

Homer - owner and all but one staff made it in - mostly their backs and only a few seconds, tho, not what was expected.

Both blonds are ruining the show. The intern is a waste of space, probably hired for some semblance of comedic relief. The so-called FBI agent couldn't find a coney dog at Lafayette. Obviously hired to be a love interest for Fitch, should the series get picked up for another season. Still, I'm liking the show for the most part.

If the show fails, you can thank ABC for putting it up against "The Good Wife" which is killing in its time slot. You can also thank the horrible lead in "V." That show sux! B-actors all the way around. Hopefully the show will come out on DVD so we can all have a copy of our brief moment in the national spotlight. <sigh>

Default Detroit 1-8-7 vs Chicago Code

Watched Fox's new cop show "Chicago Code" the other night. Anybody else see it as answer to "Detroit 1-8-7"? There are some obvious similarities in the street scene shots, station house scenes and ruminations on "the state of the city". Also beautiful female characters and a gnarly lead cop and his sort-of-bumbling rookie partner. "CC" is more glitzy/hollywoody than the more gritty "1-8-7" for my tastes.

On the front page of today's Freep....

'Detroit 1-8-7' crew hopes that the show will go on

http://www.freep.com/article/2011020...how-will-go-on

I've so enjoyed this "gritty" cop show. Frankly even if it were not set in Detroit, I would enjoy it. I wonder if ABC drops the show whether the producers would shop it around to the cable networks a la Southland.

Quote Originally Posted by rjk View Post
    I saw TH outside of Westborn Market in RO about 7-8 years ago and mentioned being a big fan of his. He talked to me for about 20 seconds, but I couldn't decipher one word that he spoke. All he did was mumble.
    I see Tommy around area boxing gyms and events from time to time. He has his good days and bad days. Had a very coherent and intelligent conversation with him a couple of months back. Boxing is brutal sport.

I agree that Detroit 187 is getting hurt by it's lead ins. First it was Dancing with the Stars and now V, neither of which is probably the best lead in for a gritty cop drama. I'm hoping that the ratings have improved over the past few weeks and it gets a second season. There are a lot of stories to tell and a lot of real potential to the show.

Can I safely admit that I wept like a baby girl last night when the recovered mom entered the storyline to meet her 7 year old daughter?

That was a three kleenex moment. Maybe four.

Quote Originally Posted by rjk View Post
    My Grandmother set me up on a flight with Mohamed Ali when I was a kid. When I asked for his autograph the same thing happened. I kept asking him over en over "Im sorry, what did you say" until after the fifth time I understood, he asked "do you wanna fight me"

He sat directly behind me on the plane and was doing breathing excercises during takeoff and landing. It felt like a blow dryer on the back of my head his lungs were so powerful. This was the summer of 77.

Quote Originally Posted by Django View Post
    My Grandmother set me up on a flight with Mohamed Ali when I was a kid. When I asked for his autograph the same thing happened. I kept asking him over en over "Im sorry, what did you say" until after the fifth time I understood, he asked "do you wanna fight me"

He sat directly behind me on the plane and was doing breathing excercises during takeoff and landing. It felt like a blow dryer on the back of my head his lungs were so powerful. This was the summer of 77.
    A friend of mine got to meet Ali twice. Once when he was 8 and again when he was 38. He had a picture taken with him at the first meeting when he was 8, and mentioned it to Ali at the second meeting. He said "Champ, when I was eight years old in 1973 I got my picture taken with you and I still have that picture".

Ali, well into the Parkinson deterioration at the time of the second meeting 30 years later leaned over and whispered in my buddy's ear "Yeah. You were wearing a white t-shirt blue jeans and white gym shoes".

Ali was right. That's exactly what my buddy had worn that day. Ali probably would have said that about any such encounter with a kid in the early 70's, but it still left an impact on my buddy.

Holy Shit.

I am going to be so bummed if this gets canceled. It is one of my favorite shows on TV. Called my mom a traitor the other night when I found out she had been watching the good wife.

I thunk this show is just starting to get traction. If the station cancels this in favor of a show like the Chicago Code [[another cop show in a different city), it's gonna be a crock.

Chicago Code is on FOX 2.

Quote Originally Posted by buzzman0077 View Post
    I am going to be so bummed if this gets canceled. It is one of my favorite shows on TV. Called my mom a traitor the other night when I found out she had been watching the good wife.
    That's hilarious. But I totally understand.

Quote Originally Posted by RedeemerKid View Post
    A friend of mine got to meet Ali twice. Once when he was 8 and again when he was 38. He had a picture taken with him at the first meeting when he was 8, and mentioned it to Ali at the second meeting. He said "Champ, when I was eight years old in 1973 I got my picture taken with you and I still have that picture".

Ali, well into the Parkinson deterioration at the time of the second meeting 30 years later leaned over and whispered in my buddy's ear "Yeah. You were wearing a white t-shirt blue jeans and white gym shoes".

Ali was right. That's exactly what my buddy had worn that day. Ali probably would have said that about any such encounter with a kid in the early 70's, but it still left an impact on my buddy.

Now thats a great story. Ill never forget that one.

I have a dear friend with Parkinson's and hes sharp as a tack inside and so f*%#@* interesting but sometimes has trouble communicating all he has to say.

Eh, greetings from Ottawa Canada. We get WXYZ on our cable. I agree - I would probably like 187 even if it were not based in Detroit but it is nice to get a change of scenery from NY, LA or Miami.

Re: The Chicago Code

While I enjoyed the first episode, the premise that the entire series is built on--a special team is formed within the police department to root out corruption within the city goverment--made me laugh. Isn't that what the FBI is supposed to do? Or at least, that's how it worked out in Detroit with KK and friends.

Good ole Omar

lilpup Guest

very bummed if the show doesn't get picked up

just think how good it could be next season when they've had more advance time to scheme and write [[and now that they're getting to know the city more, including the WINTER weather)

I love this show, but again, the scheduling isn't helping it. We don't get a new episode next week, killing the momentum that is there after tonight's ending scene.

Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 12 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast