Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Detroit 1-8-7

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    There's what, 8 or 9 threads on this already?
    Only one found on this page.

It's on now on channel 7.

Watching it on Channel 7 too. And as I type this this is going on in my county: http://forecast.weather.gov/wwamap/w...rstorm%20watch

That really is a pretty good sound track.

sucking so far, they need to use real street names and locations.

Quote Originally Posted by mtburb View Post
    And as I type this this is going on in my county: http://forecast.weather.gov/wwamap/w...rstorm%20watch
    So far it looks like much of it will pass NW of the area

http://radar.weather.gov/Conus/centgrtlakes_loop.php

Though I'm not sure how it's relevant to the show.

Quote Originally Posted by karl jr. View Post
    They showed that the bullet train criminal lived on "Elmerton Ave." There is no street in Detroit named Elmerton. Elmerton Avenue is a real street in the Pennsylvania capital.

But some scenes WERE filmed in Detroit. Like the scene of the cop car driving down Franklin Street towards the Ren Cen.

There is this scene where there is a criminal on Temple near Cass. That looked nothing like that area AT all.
    Last edited by mtburb; September-21-10 at 09:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by karl jr. View Post
    Yes.

They're filming scenes in every other city BUT Detroit.

Pretty sad really.

The pace of the show is off. The jokes are not funny and the scenes are not dramatic enough. I don't think it will last the season.

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    Yes.

They're filming scenes in every other city BUT Detroit.

Pretty sad really.
    The pilot was shot in Atlanta

Quote Originally Posted by southsider View Post
    Everyone else is capitalizing on the decay of the city
    What? Yeah, all over, people are just capitalizing on Detroit's downfall.

If you ask me, the outside world's jaw would hit the floor upon merely perusing this board [[Scrappers? Really, scrappers?). So I don't really "get" that statement.

I have said it before, I'll say it again: No way this hurts Detroit. Detroit homicide cops are arresting murderers?

LOL, the dude ran off with the playground equipment to which he was handcuffed.
    Last edited by fryar; September-21-10 at 09:42 PM.

FoxyScholar10 Guest

Sigh.... it's not keeping my interest. I don't believe these characters. I DEFINITELY didn't believe that one suspect who confessed after the cop's staring match? Seriously?: I mean it would take more than that for even me to crack and I'm not going to jail for anybody.

Is the People Mover supposed to be the Bullet Train?

And the people who said this show was so good, what did they actually see? It couldn't have been anything from this episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit Stylin View Post
    The pilot was shot in Atlanta
    Well the pilot definitely sucks [[practically everything about it actually), but there are shows with horrible pilots that went on to become hit series.

So I'll give it a few more episodes.
    Last edited by 313WX; September-21-10 at 09:46 PM.

Probably will be better when they show the episodes filmed in Detroit.

Who in Metro Detroit says "da burbs?" It sounds very hollywood-esque.

That was a new one to me, since most people typically just say in the suburbs [[or SE Michigan)...

Quote Originally Posted by FoxyScholar10 View Post
    Is the People Mover supposed to be the Bullet Train?
    LOL, I actually remarked on how respectable the PM looked when it came on. Not at all like the ridiculous downtown monorail I otherwise see it as.

I'm watching it and I will give it a pass because it is the pilot which was filmed in Atlanta and it still has the documentary style that they originally wanted the show to be. Since they changed the format and it will be filmed in Detroit I would imagine it will open the show up to have a personal relationship with Detroit. We will see.

Helicopters in Detroit, lol Kwame killed aviation.

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    Who in Metro Detroit says "da burbs?" It sounds very hollywood-esque.

That was a new one to me, since most people typically just say in the suburbs [[or SE Michigan)...
    They need to hire a Detroiter for their writing team just to go over "localisms." People on my FB friendslist are screaming about the use of "soda" instead of pop. Are they not using some of our local slang because it might confuse the national audience, though? People sometimes still don't know what we're referring to when we say "pop" in other parts of the country...

It was okay but had some weak acting. Hope it gets better!

Stosh Guest

I for one thought that it was fairly believable, in a non-Detroit way. I thought the characters were good. I'll give it a few more looks, basically for the fact that there is nothing on broadcast or cable TV at that time of day, besides Fox 2 News, and I'm about sick of them anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by English View Post
    They need to hire a Detroiter for their writing team just to go over "localisms." People on my FB friendslist are screaming about the use of "soda" instead of pop. Are they not using some of our local slang because it might confuse the national audience, though? People sometimes still don't know what we're referring to when we say "pop" in other parts of the country...
    One of their writers IS from Detroit. And from his story from within the city limits...

Stosh Guest

Oh yeah, for the record, the comment by the cop guarding the police line at the pharmacy...

"If we stop them here, we won't have to stop them in Ferndale" was classic.

^ Oh. I didn't even catch the "soda" reference... I'm sure Detroiters will definitely be giving them feedback, though!

It's definitely not The Wire, but I didn't think it was that bad. I don't have very high expectations for network TV, so I was pleasantly surprised.

I've seen worse but it was really dramatic. More of the city would be good, I had read they shot most of the show in Detroit but I don't think they did much outside of downtown in that episode.

LodgeDodger Guest

It wasn't as bad as I'd expected it to be. Loft district?

Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 ... LastLast