Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 26 ... LastLast

Thread: Detroit 1-8-7

Quote Originally Posted by Wingnatic View Post
    There is a small French community in Ontario called '' Pain Court '' south of Wallaceburg and west of Chatham sorta near the water [[ directly across from the Pointes )
    Thats one of about six towns I went to looking for french culture. Every local I asked could not point me to any.

The writing in the last two episodes has really improved, and the writing in this week's episode was pretty strong. I also think the characters are becoming less stereotypical [[the tough cop, the rookie, the hot detective, the hunky detective...) are are becoming more filled-out.

We are really enjoying the show and look forward to watching it. It has become more balanced; the episode that showed the community gardens was very welcome. Moreover, the cast members seem to be interested in Detroit and the surrounding area. They have been making appearances at small stores and events. We can all nitpick about various references in the show [[like Windsor being a party town) but most of the country won't pick up on that. I hope Detroit 1-8-7 gets renewed!

Welcome to the forum, Judy!

Quote Originally Posted by JudyC View Post
    We are really enjoying the show and look forward to watching it. It has become more balanced; the episode that showed the community gardens was very welcome. Moreover, the cast members seem to be interested in Detroit and the surrounding area. They have been making appearances at small stores and events. We can all nitpick about various references in the show [[like Windsor being a party town) but most of the country won't pick up on that. I hope Detroit 1-8-7 gets renewed!
    My sentiments exactly. :-)

I thought the Purple Gang show was real good. I took me totally by surprize that Grandpa did it!

Quote Originally Posted by lilpup View Post
    French is one of the official languages in Canada. Why is it so hard to believe a native French speaker ended up in Windsor? It also fits the story since Fitch has known the Canadian for a long time, possibly from his NY days [[and NY is, after all, closer to Quebec).
    Windsor didn't just have A native French speaker, it was settled by French Canadians in 1749. It's also the oldest continuously inhabitied area in Canada west of Montreal. Our street patterns and Street names are testiment to the French heritage here. Apparently, 21% of Windsor is French according to wiki. Also the towns of Tecumseh, Stoney Point, LaSalle have strong French roots.
    DetroitPlanner is right though, if you're going to hear a language being spoken aloud that's not English, it'll be Arabic, Italian, etc.....
    But that's not to say it isn't being spoken in the home. I never saw the episode, so I'm not sure just how much of it was being spoken.

lilpup Guest

We're talking TODAY, not historically. I'm aware of the region's history.

I was just backing you up, so relax. And so was I...21% of Windsorites TODAY are French.

I would watch this show if it stunk, just to see the archetecture and neighborhoods, but this show is really good. I loved the shot of the sign dedicating the nieghborhood to Aretha's dad, I was a bit surprised by the French guy in charge in Windsor, but it certainly could happen, and loved the community gardens.

Everytime I make it home the first thing I do is go thru the tunnel and check out the skyline from across the river. You would not believe the hassels you get from Customs when you anwer "How long have you been in Canada" with an answer of less than 1 hour. One cloudy day I said the truth, 12 minutes, I didn't think he'd let me back in.

That episode was SO good! Definitely the best one yet. I really hope this show sticks around.

Very good show tonight. Next week looks good. Can't wait!!

They did a nice job highlighting Boston-Edison District

According to the Detroit News and other websites, ABC has given the time slot away to a new show, Body of Proof, after Detroit 1-8-7 finishes its run of 18 episodes in March.

From what I understand, if ABC had confidence in the show and had planned on bringing it back for a second season, they would have ordered a full season of 23 episodes.

I hope this doesn't mean the show will be cancelled, but it doesn't look good...

too bad. silly network executives. And the Bachelor and WipeOut continue to be a "staple" of the network lineup.. sigh.. hopefully other networks take notice.. CW, NBC, USA, TNT, Showtime, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by BrushStart View Post
    They did a nice job highlighting Boston-Edison District
    As someone about to buy in Boston Edison I saw that and wondered how thrilled the residents were about being highlighted with a murder. I hope the show survives. I think it's fantastic and sure beats the other reality show crap they show nightly

Looks like the show has a chance, be it slim.

http://www.freep.com/article/2010120...-a-fight-ahead

Quote Originally Posted by Tigersfan View Post
    According to the Detroit News and other websites, ABC has given the time slot away to a new show, Body of Proof, after Detroit 1-8-7 finishes its run of 18 episodes in March.

From what I understand, if ABC had confidence in the show and had planned on bringing it back for a second season, they would have ordered a full season of 23 episodes.

I hope this doesn't mean the show will be cancelled, but it doesn't look good...
    Hopeefully they will move it to 9 pm so I don't have to watch it on Hulu..

Good show this week

Once again, another great episode! They did real well with relating the case to the riots and showing the past and present. I love this show. Tonight brought it home with the history in the case, but I think I would love this show even if it was outside of Detroit. Let's keep this show alive!

Quote Originally Posted by rbdetsport View Post
    Once again, another great episode! They did real well with relating the case to the riots and showing the past and present. I love this show. Tonight brought it home with the history in the case, but I think I would love this show even if it was outside of Detroit. Let's keep this show alive!
    rbdetdport....I could NOT agree more! Unfortunately, I have the same thoughts as above.

Show gets better and better each week. 187 starting to get it's own identity and feel. Gritty and real Detroit. The writers tackled the riots in a way that brought back the era. A lot of us have different stories to tell , last night, the story had some realism.

I've seen this show a couple times but never the beginning before last night. The song they were playing at the top of the show is one of my favorites about Detroit. Looked like they even had a couple of the clips from the video. Do they use this song to open each show or is it just random?

There's actually a few similarities between the video [[which is older) and the show.

http://www.theduplex.tv/srbdetroit67...roit67_hi.html

Great episode again. The show is definitely getting a nice flow and identity.

I enjoy the show. I think they're in for a fight in January and this may be affecting ABC's decision. From what I understand, Southland returns to TNT and is in the same Tuesday night timeslot. I also enjoy that show and I'm sure there are others. Needless to say, I'm not sure ABC thinks it will prevail in the timeslot.

Quote Originally Posted by rhythmc View Post
    I enjoy the show. I think they're in for a fight in January and this may be affecting ABC's decision. From what I understand, Southland returns to TNT and is in the same Tuesday night timeslot. I also enjoy that show and I'm sure there are others. Needless to say, I'm not sure ABC thinks it will prevail in the timeslot.
    I wonder how FOX's new Chicago cop show [[midseason replacement) will affect ABC's decision on Detroit 1-8-7. From the previews the FOX show looks like it would get trounced by 1-8-7 if they were in the same time slot.

As for Southland, that show hasn't been half as good since TNT got it from NBC.

Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 26 ... LastLast