Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Detroit 1-8-7

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit Signal View Post
    Definitely thought it was better this week. More continuity and the stories had good twists and less predictability. I liked the ending "If you really knew what happened in New York you'd be crapping your pants right now!" Lol.
    I liked the line. I took it as an indirect homage to his years on The Sopranos.

lilpup Guest

Quote Originally Posted by fanniemae View Post
    Dancing With the Stars will bring in better ratings for 187 when it gets down to the wire. I do hate DWTS for what it's worth. Hate it with a passion. Now that is one phony show.
    I'm not sure about that. I think it's a totally different audience demographic and might even be hindering 187.

Quote Originally Posted by rjk View Post
    Sanchez is my one complaint. I just don't think she's very believable in that role.
    I like her. Yummy...

Fitch I'm not thrilled with. Yeah, I get it. He's an oddball who is also a badass and a great detective who doesn't take bull and always gets his man, blah blah blah. I'd rather have someone similar to Ed O'Neill's version of Joe Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by lilpup View Post
    I'm not sure about that. I think it's a totally different audience demographic and might even be hindering 187.
    I disagree. Time will tell.

Yes, that was Iredescence. There was no fake backdrop, every part they showed of downtown at the end was real and can be seen from the top floor. Visit the bar they have and you'll see.

great show...

I thought the show this week was very good.

One thing I've noticed specifically about this show is that the music interludes they play to start the scene don't quiet down fast enough and I often struggle to hear the beginning part of what they're talking about. I've noticed this in the other episodes as well. Am I the only one that notices this?

DetroitPole Guest

Can we have a foot chase around the interior of the RenCen where everyone gets lost?
    LOL

Seriously folks, this is not a documentary about Detroit. It is a fictional TV show set in Detroit. The street grid and locations are not going to match up exactly. Frankly the vast majority of people in the Metro region could watch it and not notice.

Matty really needs to secure that train station. That guy walked right in the door. Luckily no urban explorers were harmed.

I think the show is great - this is with the caveat that you look at what else is on TV nowadays. Most of it is insufferable. Whose wife are we trading today? Who are the judges humiliating today on a talent show? Detroit 1-8-7 is a fun, guilty pleasure. I don't get television so I like to kick back with a brew and watch the last episode on hulu. Everything in life can't be lofty matters, after all.

Quote Originally Posted by sirrealone View Post
    I thought the show this week was very good.

One thing I've noticed specifically about this show is that the music interludes they play to start the scene don't quiet down fast enough and I often struggle to hear the beginning part of what they're talking about. I've noticed this in the other episodes as well. Am I the only one that notices this?
    Some of the sound drops off during dialogue. I have to rewind some scenes to hear all the words. This happens on Grey's Anatomy, other shows too. Editors are not seeing, hearing or realizing what a viewer sees, hears IMO.

People that watch Dancing with the Stars are not going to watch 187. I watched the last 5 minutes of DWTS and was was shocked how fake and corny it was.

Best episode so far, by far! The plot line was right out of "the real" Detroit...squatters [[especially loved the line about how sometimes a squatter with a sense of pride is better than an abadoned home), house flipping, scrappers, people fighting for the city. It gave anyone from outside the city of a view of what it's really like to live in Detroit.

Yes, the last scene was filmed at Iridescence [[sp), and I'm confident that is the real view of the city from up there [[my wife and I have eaten there several times).

Bravo to Imperioli's delivery of the last line, "If you REALLY knew what happened in New York, you'd be crapping your pants right now!"

Hope they didn't have to pay Matty Moroun any money to film in that eyesore depot of his.

LodgeDodger Guest

Some of the sound drops off during dialogue. I have to rewind some scenes to hear all the words. This happens on Grey's Anatomy, other shows too. Editors are not seeing, hearing or realizing what a viewer sees, hears IMO.
    Fannie, I thought same until it was pointed out to me that I have a hearing problem.

Quote Originally Posted by LodgeDodger View Post
    Fannie, I thought same until it was pointed out to me that I have a hearing problem.
    Friends in the room watching the show with me have a hard time understanding the words too. Maybe we are all hard of hearing.

Today's episode was much, much better. I hope the show recovers and stays on. I also really enjoyed the "authenticity" of the real estate plot, and other elements. At the same time, I've actually argued, on other threads, that blockbusting can't possibly be going on with $7,000 houses.

EDIT: Today as in I watched it on Hulu today. Consider me confused

Friends in the room watching the show with me have a hard time understanding the words too. Maybe we are all hard of hearing.
    I don't mean to say, but maybe your TV's speakers suck, or aren't configured correctly if you have a home entertainment system, or something. Have you tried hooking up your stereo to the audio out on your cable box, or to the headphone jack on your TV, or whatever the case may be? Your audio might improve a lot.

I haven't noticed these issues on my end. But then, I probably have superior hearing.

And eyesight.

And bone structure.

Not teeth, though. Alas.

Stosh Guest

They weren't illegals were they?

Quote Originally Posted by Stosh View Post
    They weren't illegals were they?
    Nah, they all speaka da English pretty good.

Nah, they all speaka da English pretty good.
    Speaking of the English, I'm having a hard time with the scrapper and the tagger in this episode. The scrapper was obviously a classically trained [[Broadway) actor based on his accent, and neither he or the tagger had a Midwestern accent at all. Granted, not something that would be noted by anyone not from this area.

Shows like Law and Order had the pick of the litter when it came to actors in New York, so the show's English flavor always had cohesiveness.

Haven't noticed the volume issue, but I'm downloading the full episodes. Hate watching commercials. I'll bet it's the digital compression that most cable uses.

I don't mean to say, but maybe your TV's speakers suck, or aren't configured correctly if you have a home entertainment system, or something. Have you tried hooking up your stereo to the audio out on your cable box, or to the headphone jack on your TV, or whatever the case may be? Your audio might improve a lot.

You beat me to it, but I was going to say it's probably an issue with what the home theater receiver is set on [[assuming there is one).

Quote Originally Posted by menckensghost View Post
    There have been so many programs over the years that were successful that I just don't get...
    Amen to that.
    With so many forms of entertainment other than TV I'm amazed that some of these shows can draw a big enough audience to survuve as long at they do.

FoxyScholar10 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Islandman View Post
    Speaking of the English, I'm having a hard time with the scrapper and the tagger in this episode. The scrapper was obviously a classically trained [[Broadway) actor based on his accent, and neither he or the tagger had a Midwestern accent at all. Granted, not something that would be noted by anyone not from this area.

Shows like Law and Order had the pick of the litter when it came to actors in New York, so the show's English flavor always had cohesiveness.

Haven't noticed the volume issue, but I'm downloading the full episodes. Hate watching commercials. I'll bet it's the digital compression that most cable uses.
    About the dialects/accents of the actors mentioned: I thought the same thing. And at least for the scrapper, I thought that his manner of speaking maybe part of any so-called crazy the scrapper might have had. Or that in this scrapper's prior life, he was a major executive and lost it all in the recession so even though he's homeless, he still has a command of the King's English. Plus, he didn't look "scrappy" enough to me.

The tagger: same thing. Just not believable. Or, using my imagination, the tagger's day job is as a graphic designer for one of the papers and he just does tags on the weekend for sport.

About the dialects/accents of the actors mentioned: I thought the same thing. And at least for the scrapper, I thought that his manner of speaking maybe part of any so-called crazy the scrapper might have had. Or that in this scrapper's prior life, he was a major executive and lost it all in the recession so even though he's homeless, he still has a command of the King's English. Plus, he didn't look "scrappy" enough to me.
    How does one look 'scrappy'? Do you have to be Scooby's cousin?

FoxyScholar10 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    How does one look 'scrappy'? Do you have to be Scooby's cousin?
    LOL! How about Shaggy looked scrappier [[more scrappy?) than the scrapper.

Try saying that 10 times without stumbling!

Quote Originally Posted by eastsidechris View Post

Bravo to Imperioli's delivery of the last line, "If you REALLY knew what happened in New York, you'd be crapping your pants right now!"
    I think that Fitch's line should have been harsher, and it should've just been bleeped out..

Having a little time on my hands, I went through my archives and tried to match ABC's shots scene by scene for this weeks show.

http://fadeddetroit.blogspot.com/201...e-nobodys.html

As far as the scrapper not being scrappy enough and speaking better than an average every day moron, I found the scrapper interesting. It made me stop and think as if what is his background, made him thought provoking. Maybe this guy was an ex teacher , writer or something. Maybe we will see more of him on the show.

Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 21 ... LastLast