Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 22 ... LastLast

Thread: Detroit 1-8-7

This is a bit OT, but I'm watching a show right now, called Outlaws, where Jimmy Smits' character is traveling to Detroit. There was a scene where someone was telling him that a guy he's interested in recently visited Mack-ah-nack Island. If I didn't know the Detroit angle of the plot I might not have realized where they were talking about!

I hope 1-8-7 sticks around, it's improved steadily since the pilot.

lilpup Guest

Quote Originally Posted by txlady View Post
    This is a bit OT, but I'm watching a show right now, called Outlaws, where Jimmy Smits' character is traveling to Detroit. There was a scene where someone was telling him that a guy he's interested in recently visited Mack-ah-nack Island. If I didn't know the Detroit angle of the plot I might not have realized where they were talking about!
    Do they have a webpage or Twitter account where we can pounce? ;-)

I was looking around for one, but haven't found any so far.

"Solamente Lei" was a nice touch.

Quote Originally Posted by txlady View Post

I hope 1-8-7 sticks around, it's improved steadily since the pilot.

I caught the Mack-ah-nack Island thing to. But you don't have to worry about "Outlaw"....it's been cancelled. They are going to move it to Saturday night [[instant death for any TV show) for the remaining few shows. But no more production has been ordered.

last night's episode-- I wonder was the Xzibit character 'russell pitts' based on anyone in particular, and will he be a reoccurring characteer?

Another solid show last night. It's gotten consistently better since the pilot.

I was wondering the same thing about the Xzibit character.

Quote Originally Posted by Motor City Sam View Post
    Another solid show last night. It's gotten consistently better since the pilot.

I was wondering the same thing about the Xzibit character.
    I thought they were practically plagiarizing the Wire last night, but they almost seemed self-conscious about it. The colorful scrapper-informant, who's interviewed in the back of a car by a tough female detective and a flawed, yet charismatic and handsome white detective [[made weirder by the fact that they murder took place at a car wash called Mr. Bubbles, or something)? And then when Bodie made his appearance I just thought they were messing with us.

Quote Originally Posted by lilpup View Post
    Do they have a webpage or Twitter account where we can pounce? ;-)
    http://www.facebook.com/Detroit187 - lots of comments so far.

Quote Originally Posted by English View Post
    http://www.facebook.com/Detroit187 - lots of comments so far.
    I think they meant the other show, Outlaws, where they called Mackinac Island Mack in ack.

Oh - that's what I get for skimming! Thanks.

I thoght episode 4 was not as good as episode 3. A rapper gets accidentally killed by his gay boyfriend. That storyline was a little flat. It was not real believeable that when killers are looking for the car wash wife, they lure and interview her right where they find her in a glass walled diner. I found it hard to distinguish the story lines while they were occurring. Was that just me? Seems like it would be better to just have one more detailed story line.
    Last edited by RickBeall; October-14-10 at 06:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RickBeall View Post
    I thoght episode 3 was not as good as episode 2. A rapper gets accidentally killed by his gay boyfriend. That storyline was a little flat. It was not real believeable that when killers are looking for the car wash wife, they lure and interview her right where they find her in a glass walled diner. I found it hard to distinguish the story lines while they were occurring. Was that just me? Seems like it would be better to just have one more detailed story line.
    I agree, I thought the whole "Gay lover killer" thing was a little flat. I think just about any other motive would have been better.

I think it would be better if they would just focus on one murder per episode too. There's no way to give proper detail on an investigation with 2 murders within 60 minutes.

Ratings for the show remained steady from episode 3 to 4. They aren't good, but there is a small sliver of promise in that viewers aren't continuing to leave. I still think the show is improving [[though I liked ep. 3 more than ep. 4).

I think a lot of people is expecting for the show to be on par with a Law&Order SVU, but I don't want this show to be like L&O or even The Closer. ABC should give this show time to grow on the audience but I admit that the writers should make Detroit a silent main character to give the viewers to watch Detroit play out. Detroit 1-8-7 is not going to beat The Good Wife but being no.2 is a good thing for a show based in Detroit.

Some if it is filmed in Detroit because I was in an episode [[no speaking part) that was being filmed on Congress & Shelby.

I can only speak for myself.... I've already been in one episode of Detroit 187...and a couple of other movies filmed in Detroit....Detroit 187 does not show anything that most people don't already know or have not already seen about Detroit....Detroit needs another industry here to replace the auto industry...so folks if you want to jump on the bandwagon head on over to the Detroit Branch of the Screen Actors Guild and get yourself a card!!!

I do enjoy all the Detroit references though. It is fun that the characters in the show are vinyl connoisseurs and car experts. That's fun. They talk like Motown music is part of the their DNA. That is cool.

LodgeDodger Guest

I wish is were on earlier in the evening. I keep falling asleep during the show.

FoxyScholar10 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by LodgeDodger View Post
    I wish is were on earlier in the evening. I keep falling asleep during the show.
    I watch on Hulu. The week's episode is usually posted by the next [[Wednesday) morning.

When I saw Bodie [[from The Wire), I was like "awwwww...." I know he's not playing Bodie on Detroit 1-8-7, but that's the only name I have associated with his face right now.

Sometimes when they mention streets I haven't heard of, I get annoyed and that makes me laugh because it's not like I know EVERY street in Detroit, esp. the east side. I grew up on the west side. I hope some of those areas make it to the screen....

I think it might help this show if they lost a set of detectives.
    I would have liked to see Imperioli and McDaniel teamed up and maybe Cotrona and Majumber together.
    I could do without the rookie cop and Sanchez. I haven't been all that impressed with either of them. It seems that there are too many detectives and the characters aren't being as well developed as they should.

I think Imperioli and McDaniel are really good actors and they could have played off each other really well. They need to find a way to get McDaniel more air time.

I liked this weeks episode, and I think the show is very watchable, but not a must see if your not from Detroit. It is already on the chopping block at ABC, I really hope they give it a shot at a second season. It will remain in my DVR list as long as it is on the air.

Can you provide a link to this show being cancelled, or one the chopping block? I couldn't find any info. The cast was at the michigan game the news never mmentioned the show being on chopping block.

Brag, I haven't heard anything about it being cancelled, aside from a few bloggers speculating without any inside knowledge. It's come in second in it's timeslot the past few weeks, with a slight dip in audience. Hopefully it hangs on.

Everyone remember to tune in tonight and tell your friends.

Detroit 1-8-7 was filming on in Mexicantown today at Bagley atnd Ste. Anne St.. They used La Jalisciense the parking lot.

Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 22 ... LastLast