Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

The Godfather is playing tonight, 9/24/10 at 8PM, 9/25/10 at 2PM & 8 pm

at Redford Theater, evergreen at grand river,

I suggest you show up at least a half hour before the show so as to catch the organ playing.

tickets, 4 or 5 bucks

Dancer in the Dark. [[2000) Odd ,Sad, Desperate musical. Bjork, Catherine Deneuve . Lovely Misery

Memento [[2000) Quirky, confusing, Good to rewatch, Guy Pierce, creative editing to tell teh story. U live what the main character does.

Donnie Darko [[2001) Great soundtrack. Quirky characters and cast. Beautiful filming , eerie coming of age tale. Jake Gyllenhaal .

must mention "shadow of the vampire", "requiem for a dream" and most anything featuring Helena Bonham Carter..... [[swoon)

Favorits as in I will watch them if I'm clicking by:
    Young Frankenstein, Butch Cassidy, Like Water for Chocolate.
    Favorite as in actually own, Wizard of Oz.

Apocalypse Now

Pulp Fiction

Blade Runner

if i can add another or two they would be Black Hawk Down and We Were Soldiers...

Quote Originally Posted by Ltdave View Post
    Apocalypse Now

Pulp Fiction

Blade Runner

if i can add another or two they would be Black Hawk Down and We Were Soldiers...
    Nice picks. May I add "Battle of the Bulge" to that list - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_the_Bulge

Anyways:

3) Bringing up Baby
    2) Ummm... Godfather, no wait, I mean Psychomania, yeah!
    1) Who Famed Roger Rabbit

Apocalypse Now. Coppola at wits end somehow pulled this movie together. Anyone who hasnt seen what he went through to make this movie should watch Hearts of Darkness.

Godfather II. Surprised no one else jumped on this one. It was the first time a sequal [[or prequal) brought in more money than the first. I just loved hearing the story of the Don himself in his early years.

There are so many greats, I really cannot come up with a third. Its like asking which child do you love most. So many I love for so many different reasons.

Repo Man was great, but sometimes when your a kid you get stoned, watch a movie and declare it the greatest masterpiece ever filmed, and you stick with that observation still when your 42.

Was Repo Man the one with Glen Campbell as the down on his luck country singer who gets across the country delivering two cars? I still remember that one for some reason and was just thinking about it last night, the scene where he gets the hippie chick to take a bath.

Forgot to mention Blade Runner...wonder if there will ever be a sequel?

Quote Originally Posted by Django View Post
    Repo Man was great.
    Heh, good one. Let's throw in River's Edge and Basketcase as well.

Deer Hunter... horriifc and sublime, all at the same time.

Gaz, sorry, Repo Man was an Alex Cox film staring Emilio Estevez and Harry Dean Stanton. Its about a punk rocker in L.A. who becomes a repo man against his better punker judgement except for the fact that any poor punker would do anything for a few bucks [[except turn a gay trick). Dead aliens get involved, a 64 Malibu is the ultimate score for any repo man, a classic soundtrack rules the entire movie, and Dukie Wookie hurt his wittle hand.

ggores, no complaints about Rivers Edge. Dennis "I wonder if theres any beer in that can" Hopper and Crispen Glover. Total classic. Im glad you reminded me of that flick, Im gonna que it up on Netflix.
    If you liked Basketcase Im sure you know all about Evil Dead II. Again, a movie where some fine herb was burned and a pretty funny movie was forever remembered as one of the top three movies ever made. Didnt care much for Evil Dead, or the third installment, but II was the shit. What was that dudes name, Bruce Campbell? hes from Ann Arbor I believe. Fucking genius.

no complaints about Rivers Edge. Dennis "I wonder if theres any beer in that can" Hopper and Crispen Glover. Total classic.
    And Keanu. How could you forget him?

What was that dudes name, Bruce Campbell? hes from Ann Arbor I believe
    He's from the Detroit burbs.

I could forget him Pam. In fact I did. Totally forgot he was in that.

I thought Campbell was from Ann Arbor. I think my ex GF knew him.

I thought Campbell was from Ann Arbor. I think my ex GF knew him.
    I read his bio. and I don't remember him mentioning Ann Arbor. He grew up in Oakland County and briefly went to college in Kalamazoo.

http://www.amazon.com/If-Chins-Could...5592894&sr=1-1

Blade Runner: something about it just captivates me.

The Howling: still cares the daylights out of me.

Dr. Strangelove: it's hysterical.

"Shawshank Redemption" is my favorite flick in the last twenty years. "Dances With Wolves" & "Scent of a Woman" are up there too.

What Dreams May Come.

I love how the male[[ Robin Williams) would go to hell and back to save his soul-mate, and wife[[ Annabella Sciorra).

I also love the artistic paintings and cinematography.

One of the best music documentaries I've ever seen - "No Direction Home". About Bob Dylan, directed by Martin Scorsese, an absolute stunning piece of art about his life from his birth in 1941 until he quit the road in 1966. I'd recommend this to anyone, a fan of Dylan's or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Pam View Post
    I read his bio. and I don't remember him mentioning Ann Arbor. He grew up in Oakland County and briefly went to college in Kalamazoo.

http://www.amazon.com/If-Chins-Could...5592894&sr=1-1
    Also read that book. My favorite part was the many attempts at destroying Raimi's car that manages to make a cameo in all his movies. I'm having deja vu, we may have had this discussion already.

I'm having deja vu, we may have had this discussion already.
    Must have been with someone else on here, since I don't remember it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2