Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Urban Explorers

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    ... or maybe... just maybe she... nor the rest of us care to hear about your bowel movement history....
    Go back to the box you are living in and smoke some more of whatever you are smoking and get a life. Just because you have no interests in anything else than posting crap.... Others do... Besides I think Pam can speak for herself... and you are the only one who is bitching about it. If you don't like the subject matter, don't read it.....

Blarf Guest

Speaking of bowl movements, I used to know a guy who always had to take a shit every time we were exploring a site. It was rather disgusting, epically considering he never brought toilet paper or hand sanitizer.

Quote Originally Posted by Searay215 View Post
    Go back to the box you are living in and smoke some more of whatever you are smoking and get a life. Just because you have no interests in anything else than posting crap.... Others do... Besides I think Pam can speak for herself... and you are the only one who is bitching about it. If you don't like the subject matter, don't read it.....
    I'm not getting into a pissing match with your sometimes quirky posts... but for the fact that you're accusing me of the doing the same thing that you just did on this very thread ... Did you already forget your very crude reply to a lady??.

"Thank you Teacher Pam.....can I go now I have to do a number 2 on your posts..."

And you accuse me of posting "crap"....

LOL... oh the irony....
    Last edited by Gistok; September-20-10 at 12:49 AM.

tresspassing is against the rules... so is blight.
    Last edited by brainwizzard; September-20-10 at 12:55 AM.

For those of you old enough to remember all the tunnels on the turnpike on the way to New York....a few are abandoned, here is a site that some urban explorers have created, enjoy.

http://www.rays-hill.com/turnpike/HOME.htm

Personally I love the ghost towns out west, it as if the people just got up and walked away. Mostly from the late 1800's see my photos of Nevadaville in Colorado. Its an old gold mining town....
    You don't have to go out west. The northern lower peninsula and the UP are loaded with old mining and lumbering ghost towns.

Anyone may believe what they want but......two points Lowell brough up, and this is in regards to the state of Michigan are fences/secured bldgs. and property being posted.
    In the absence of any of those, if you are not doing harm, theiving, etc. the odds of any trespassing charge sticking in court are slim. Slim that is providing you know the nuances of the law, and don't have a retarded attorney.
    The laws of course change from state to state. California for example has what seems to be very strict trespassing laws, but on second glance they have so many exemptions, wiggle room, etc. in the absence of other lawbreaking such as theft, destruction, etc. it's damn near impossible for anyone to get convicted.

Lowell got it right. I don't do much urban exploring in my present home of Los Angeles, because here building codes are rigidly enforced, and property is not so worthless that people leave it open and abandoned. So maybe regulations and code enforcement are good things.

There is a very charming looking 90 year old empty hospital near where I live. But it seems to be secured, so I would not consider breaking and entering just to satisfy my curiosity.

In Detroit, there is a law called "EWOP" [[Entering without owner's permission) that can be enforced when abandoned buildings are not sealed or posted with signs. Keep that in mind. Arrests and fines are possible.

Besides having repeatedly broken the EWOP law in my lifetime, I've also exceeded the speed limit and smoked pot. What should be done with us dangerous lawbreakers?
    Maybe we should be deported?

For those of you old enough to remember all the tunnels on the turnpike on the way to New York....a few are abandoned, here is a site that some urban explorers have created, enjoy.

http://www.rays-hill.com/turnpike/HOME.htm
    Oh yeah?! I fail to see what is so urban about that location.

Interestingly enough, those roads are in pretty good shape, considering. Seems like they would make a great bike path to nowhere.

Note: Not an abandoned section of Detroit
    [[Image from Wikipedia)

Quote Originally Posted by fryar View Post
    Oh yeah?! I fail to see what is so urban about that location.

Interestingly enough, those roads are in pretty good shape, considering. Seems like they would make a great bike path to nowhere.

Note: Not an abandoned section of Detroit
    [[Image from Wikipedia)
    Where did you find a photo of my driveway?

Quote Originally Posted by Hermod View Post
    You don't have to go out west. The northern lower peninsula and the UP are loaded with old mining and lumbering ghost towns.
    This is true....that one site I listed also has a search engine for all the states and in Michigan, they point out the old mining towns in the UP.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2