Yes, if only the obviously more solid community of the west of Woodward and seven could extend the east... Now with the state fair gone it is even more of a challenge one could argue. What happened to the Meijer store development in that area? Did they get cold feet?
Quote Originally Posted by GoGrixdale View Post
@ragnarok1981 - I’m young, live on that ‘other side of Woodward’ and the only thing I can’t afford is to believe that the area is beyond redemption.

Take caution in falling victim to the hype of the non-contextual crimemappers.com. I would argue that most of the violent crime reports are beggar on beggar or pimp on hoe. In the year I’ve lived 'over on this side' I've seen reductions in crimes against us homeowners.

I was going to question what the Penrose Project was. IMHO Habitat projects ultimately serve to make the contributors and builders feel good. They seem to be short term housing solutions and I don’t know of an instance where they sparked revitalization. We need development that takes into consideration factors beyond housing the poor.

Cultural Hubs [[to overuse a phrase) are not only worth saving but worth establishing.