Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Take her to the yukon and see if her tit is as cold as a nasty winter day?

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    Take her to the yukon and see if her tit is as cold as a nasty winter day?
    Actually, I was going to suggest clicking on the link.

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    I know one thing about the Tea Party... "they want to take back America".... but from whom?? The government.... or big business??
    Can the two be seperated anymore?

Koch brothers are the financial giants behind the tea party candidates and their agendas..guess what business they own...guess who their father was...[[hint: a founding member of the John Birch Society)...

Quote Originally Posted by gibran View Post
    Koch brothers are the financial giants behind the tea party candidates and their agendas..guess what business they own...guess who their father was...[[hint: a founding member of the John Birch Society)...
    Someone to counter-balance George Soros and his "endeavors".

No wonder the anti-Tea Party crowd is p.o.'d!

Christine also made some wacky statement about companies merging the DNA of humans AND mice and they had supposedly create mice with functioning human brains.

20 bucks says there is probably a sex tape with her out there just waiting to be released.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    20 bucks says there is probably a sex tape with her out there just waiting to be released.
    If there isn't, I'm sure that someone will make one with a lookalike very soon.

Quote Originally Posted by MCP-001 View Post
    Someone to counter-balance George Soros and his "endeavors"
    Ah yes, Soros, cons favorite whipping boy.

Why is it whenever someone calls out the Koch Bros, T. Boone Pickens, Rupert Murdoch, and any right wing organization like the J. B. Society, or the Annenburg Foundation, cons feel the need to drag his name up? Is that supposed to justify a lack of argument?

Stosh Guest

Someone to counter-balance George Soros and his "endeavors".

No wonder the anti-Tea Party crowd is p.o.'d!
    Not PO'd at all. Just disgusted.

Let's put it to you like this.

With the Tea Partiers, it's not "We the People".

It's more like "We the Stupid".

Default Sour grapes...

Quote Originally Posted by jiminnm View Post
    Krugman's Nobel Prize was for his work on international trade. That is about the only area where his economic work is respected. Few other economists respect his work and comments in other areas because he lets his political beliefs dictate his economic opinions.
    Got your prize yet?

Got any evidence that he's wrong?

Default Feeling cranky...

Again with the blaming of Bush. Bush is no longer in office. and last time I checked,

Neither is Hitler, but he still caused WWII.

Gov't spending and ill-thought out programs didn't bring us out of that depression, in fact, it actually worsened it.

Government war spending is generally credited with ending the great depression, and you can't find a bigger waste of money than the military.

And these people gave Pres. B.O. and award for doing...what?

For not being that clueless idiot Bush or that Fascist warmonger Cheney. The entire world breathed a huge sigh of relief that the U.S. had finally come to its senses. That's more than most people will ever accomplish. Let's see, Jimmy Carter and Al Gore won the Peace Prize too, didn't they? I think the Dems are on a roll!

Why does this surprise you that when the government is banging the drum claiming the the "rich" are bad,

You're dreaming! The government has been extremely generous to them! That's why they're taxed at a lower overall rate than I am.

and that they will "balance" things [["From each according to their ability...), the rich move their money offshore?

Not to mention our jobs. Maybe we should offshore the rich. Who needs Paris Hilton anyhow?

Drop the party dogma and encourage that money be kept and spent here.

How? By throwing money at the Koch brothers? http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2...0fa_fact_mayer

But I want a better return on my retirement than SS can ever hope to offer, including flexibility.

Remember, SS is both a retirement system and an insurance system. You shouldn't expect the same return you would on investments alone. Also, whatever happened to the Republican proposal to privatize SS and let people invest in the stock market? Good thing we didn't listen to them, eh?

But the government is deathly afraid of the loss of control it has over its citizens, when they are no longer dependent on their government.

Pushhht! What rubbish! The "government" is "US"! It's how WE do things for OUR common benefit.

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitej72 View Post
    Ah yes, Soros, cons favorite whipping boy.

Why is it whenever someone calls out the Koch Bros, T. Boone Pickens, Rupert Murdoch, and any right wing organization like the J. B. Society, or the Annenburg Foundation, cons feel the need to drag his name up? Is that supposed to justify a lack of argument?
    Who do you thinks funds these little endeavors?

Charitable contributions from millions of disenchanted progressives?

Stosh Guest

Who do you thinks funds these little endeavors?

Charitable contributions from millions of disenchanted progressives?
    Actually, yes. Do your homework. I'm not gonna do it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Gyro View Post
    Got your prize yet?

Got any evidence that he's wrong?
    Plenty!

Take Pres. B.O. economic advisers:

Christina Romer - Keynesian

Larry Summers - Keynesian

Peter Orszag - Keynesian

And what do these three all have in common [[besides destroying the economy even further)?

Quote Originally Posted by Stosh View Post
    Actually, yes. Do your homework. I'm not gonna do it for you.
    I'll tell you what, when I have more time than I have today, I just might do that [[again).

Default Seriously, try decaf next time...

Neither is Hitler, but he still caused WWII.
    Godwin's Law is proven, yet again!

Government war spending is generally credited with ending the great depression, and you can't find a bigger waste of money than the military.
    I believe that I said that on another thread. Not that it's a waste, but that WWII was the real thing that ended the Great Depression.

For not being that clueless idiot Bush or that Fascist warmonger Cheney. The entire world breathed a huge sigh of relief that the U.S. had finally come to its senses. That's more than most people will ever accomplish. Let's see, Jimmy Carter and Al Gore won the Peace Prize too, didn't they? I think the Dems are on a roll!
    Tell me if they're still breathing that sigh come November [[The questions asked during CNBC's Town Hall earlier this week should be a wake-up call to you by now). Notice a lot of housecleaning and policy changes from Pres. B.O.?

Bill Clinton's epiphany in '94 comes to mind.

But since meaningless prices are so important to you, I'll mail an official no-prize to you for playing. Does that sound good?
    You're dreaming! The government has been extremely generous to them! That's why they're taxed at a lower overall rate than I am.
    Boy, you're right that they're generous!

I can't help but wonder why?

Not to mention our jobs. Maybe we should offshore the rich. Who needs Paris Hilton anyhow?
    Maybe you haven't seen this. It's where the "new" jobs are going. OABTW, They can keep that druggie Paris Hilton.

How? By throwing money at the Koch brothers? http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2...0fa_fact_mayer
    I'd rather deal with someone who can make money year after year, than a government that has us in debt over our eyeballs to the Chinese.

Remember, SS is both a retirement system and an insurance system. You shouldn't expect the same return you would on investments alone. Also, whatever happened to the Republican proposal to privatize SS and let people invest in the stock market? Good thing we didn't listen to them, eh?
    And you remember, if you diversify, then you can still come out ahead in the long-term. Only a fool dumps everything into Wall Street.

Besides, with SS, once you're gone, so is your money. With something similar to the Galveston Plan, you have something to pay off your final expenses afterwards. Unless being tossed into a Potter's Field appeals to you?

Pushhht! What rubbish! The "government" is "US"! It's how WE do things for OUR common benefit.
    Again, I keep hearing "From each according to their ability, to each according to their need", every time I hear the "common benefit" argument. If you want collectivism. go to China or Cuba.

Again, I keep hearing "From each according to their ability, to each according to their need", every time I hear the "common benefit" argument. If you want collectivism. go to China or Cuba.
    If you want to live by the law of the jungle, find a jungle.

MCP-001:
    Regarding your article about the number of people who don't pay income taxes. As the article says, most of those people make under $50k which is less than the U.S. median income . You might well ask, why hasn't the median income kept pace with other parts of our economy? Why has it barely moved since 1975 while the super-rich continue to get richer at an increasing rate?

Quote Originally Posted by maxx View Post
    If you want to live by the law of the jungle, find a jungle.
    I'd rather live under the philosophy that our republic ran under for over 150 years.

Quote Originally Posted by maxx View Post
    MCP-001:
    Regarding your article about the number of people who don't pay income taxes. As the article says, most of those people make under $50k which is less than the U.S. median income . You might well ask, why hasn't the median income kept pace with other parts of our economy? Why has it barely moved since 1975 while the super-rich continue to get richer at an increasing rate?
    Great question!

I give you a very precognizant warning from 20-years ago.

Or, better yet.

I'd rather live under the philosophy that our republic ran under for over 150 years.
    The Monroe Doctrine? Hide under a blanket and pretend the rest of the world doesn't exist?

Or were you referring to the British Colonial Era?
    Last edited by ghettopalmetto; September-23-10 at 02:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ghettopalmetto View Post
    The Monroe Doctrine? Hide under a blanket and pretend the rest of the world doesn't exist?
    And gp shows everyone his/her complete ignorance of what the Monroe Doctrine was about.

Your ignorance of American History is astounding.

Maybe the age of the robber barons.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast