Last Chance Bar
Does anyone remember the Last Chance Bar at 8 mile and Woodward, on the S.E. corner?
I will admit, I occasionally frequented it back in the day, late 70’s till it was forced to close. It was famous for Hookers and Pool Sharks. Beer and Drinks were relatively cheap. It was not as I remember it a "Rip Off Joint."
I being 20 something at the time, I had a blast in that bar. The good thing [[I thought) was I didn‘t have to go "Down Into Detroit" for some Excitement [[Action). It seemed plenty safe enough to me.
Cops were always cruising through the lot, looking for a bust. I being a "White Boy" from Warren or Roseville during that period of time, I can honestly say, I never had a problem there!
One time, one of the Spinks Bros. [[Leon I think) was in there and took a Hooker across the street to a motel. [[N.W. corner of 8 & WW) I cant remember the name at this time, and got robbed. The thing is, they took his false teeth, which had Gold in them. I shouldn’t laugh about it, but I did!
I thought it was hilarious at the time.
Nothing like letting your guard down, is there!
Im sure plenty of you have memories of that bar, and possibly stories willing to share. Those were the days.
I now live "Up North" and it is extremely boring compared to those days. Up here, their idea of crime is someone stealing a bike.
Im not kidding.
Im sure glad some Politican invented the internet.
[[Al Gore I think, serious sarcasm there)
P.B.