Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

I work at the Detroit Public Library where I assist patrons with computers. I walk to work every morning and couldn't be happier about it.

I perform structural dynamics [[vibration) testing. It's very cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Laughsmith View Post
    I am a producer, director, archivist / historian. Presently, I am restoring silent comedies for broadcast on Turner Classic Movies [[TCM) and
    DVD release.

Quite possibly the best job in the world.
    Hey, rub it in why don't ya!

what a wonderful journey Lowell

Desktop/network support, for a hospital.
    Also an EMU student.

I've been a teacher [[special education), cognitive therapist, rehabilitation couselor, Clinical Rehabilitaion Director, CEO of TBI programs, owner of a TBI Clinic and Rehabilitation Couseling Program; Non profit program director and international consultant to rehabilitation programs, and still a small business owner....

gave most of it up returned to school and now teaching at a HBCU and maintaining a private practice in two cities..

loving working with the next generation of rehabilitation professionals and bringing in my eastside ethics and roots every day to my students and sharing our life experiences...

SMRJim and Maxine1958, I also have a 3GL background. Never did much directly with AS400 though. Mostly IBM370 or 3230. I coded COBOL, RPG, PLI, IMS, and DB2 on the frame for a few years until about 1997. That is when I got off the frame in favor of what used to be called client-server computing.

Systems architect and psycholinguist.

Lorax Guest

Owner/operator of a website specializing in mid-century modern decorative arts and design.

Repo man, foreclosure pricer.

I'm a civil servant. After 22 years in this gig, I just do what I'm told.

Operations Manager at a local Community College.

I am a Historic Preservationist, I have helped preserve a 1840's church in WI and love the work when I can get it, have some old stuff to preserve? I also am in films, working on one for the National Park Service for Corinth, MS battlefield center, and have done some History Channel shows, love it again when I can get it.

LodgeDodger Guest

Quote Originally Posted by talleman71 View Post
    I am a Historic Preservationist, I have helped preserve a 1840's church in WI and love the work when I can get it, have some old stuff to preserve? I also am in films, working on one for the National Park Service for Corinth, MS battlefield center, and have done some History Channel shows, love it again when I can get it.
    Too cool. Lucky you.

I think there is an absolutely amazing cross section of America contributing to DY. Nearly all of you sound very enthusiastic about your jobs/careers, and that just leaves me with a very, very good feeling.

On the other hand, just having a job today is cause for jubilation. That's life, I guess.

I just hope that you all get to enjoy retirement just as fully as I am in your journeys!

Quote Originally Posted by detrola View Post
    I am a cinematographer. I also teach cinematography and work as a motion picture/HD camera rental tech at a rental house.

While I was in college I started working part time for the city of Detroit Recreation Department. I eventually worked enough hours to qualify for health insurance. This came in handy after college when I struggled as a freelance camera assistant. I hung onto my position with the DRD for a little over 17 years. From Coleman Young's last term in office to KK's second term. I could write a book about that time, or at the very least, contribute some story ideas to NBC's Parks & Recreation.

Which gear house are you at? You sound like a tech I chatted with at Stratton.

P: In "About The Author"
    edit: "more saner"
    "more sane" or "saner"

Power Plant Operator in Henderson, NV. Got my start operating boilers at St. Ritas Parish

That was a little harsh cheddar,
    I will be starting my ER residency this summer in the metro area. Looking forward to living downtown. Was formerly a clinical laboratory scientist before I went back for med school.

DFD-Fire Engine Operator, retired

2nd Career, Michigan Department of Natural Resources-Wildlife Division-Area Groundskeeper at Pointe Mouillee, Erie and Petersburg State Game Areas.
    My position was eliminated in October 2005, as was 61 other people in Wildlife Division by Governor Granholm.

Quote Originally Posted by buzzman0077 View Post
    That was a little harsh cheddar,
    I will be starting my ER residency this summer in the metro area. Looking forward to living downtown. Was formerly a clinical laboratory scientist before I went back for med school.
    He's not being harsh, just stating facts.

Quote Originally Posted by Pcm View Post
    Which gear house are you at? You sound like a tech I chatted with at Stratton.
    PCM,
    Yes, I work at Stratton. There are a few other techs at the shop. What were you inquiring about?

cheddar bob Guest

Oh, and to keep this thread somewhat on track, I direct live television newscasts and do graphics for it also.

Wow those weren't what I saw when I followed the links, if that is what he's writing then I fully agree with you.

Retail merchandiser and work with kids at a summer day camp.

Getting thoughts together for a children's book I would like to write.

Mom to a teen in high school, that's my main job.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast