Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    DetroitDad Guest

Quote Originally Posted by wolverine View Post
    I'm assuming not much older since I've only been out of college for a year. But the fact that the majority of my classmates were able to obtain good paying jobs at salaries that have long been classified as middle class, I was questioning your point that it was non-existent. Has the middle class shrunk? Yes. I think it needs to be redefined however.
    I think we have similar thoughts. Using individual views was a mistake. Each social group's view and ability probably doesn't actually prove a conclusive answer[1].

Way, over priced. You want to make money in this economy? Appeal to middle America. Nobody else is. More affordable middle class housing close to downtown Please!

Quote Originally Posted by fryar View Post
    I have been reading on here that downtown's occupancy rate is approaching the total supply, but I have been skeptical myself as well. I still see my old building, the Cadillac Square Apartments, advertising their short-term furnished apartment on CL for the same price it was available for 5 years ago, and Washington Square had availability the last time I checked. The lofts over Nikki's Place in Greektown were on CL for like $700 per month recently, and the ones on Woodward [[not sure if these are the sub-par ones discussed above) were available for like $850/mo and came with a $150 monthly credit toward your utilities. These are not the prices of a bubble. These are the prices that make one say hey, look, that's the showpiece district, Detroit is cheap.
    Well, this is obviously not scientific, but last week I was on Millender Center's roof and looked over at Cadillac Square Apartments at around 8 pm, and virtually all of the apartments were lit up. I would say that if there were 100 windows, 85+ of them seemed to be inhabited. That is a pretty big difference from 3 years ago when I toured that building and the manager said that they were below 50% occupancy, he may have even said 30%, but I can't remember the exact number.
    Last edited by BrushStart; September-14-10 at 09:20 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2