Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Threaded View

Default Illinois-style traffic lights to built in the Metro Detroit area

Hanging traffic lights are old fashioned and it's out of style. Half of the nation including Michigan uses hanging traffic signals. I would like to see Illinois-style traffic lights built all over Metro Detroit. You would only see these modern traffic lights in a developed community.

I love the Illinois-style design of traffic lights, it is placed on the post. The turn signals [[green and yellow arrows) are placed below the green lamp. I think they have that in Minnesota too. There are only a few hanging traffic lights in Illinois

From Panoramio.com

From Panoramio.com

But in Chicago, most traffic poles are coated in green and the street name sign are all in capital letters including a street address.

From Panoramio.com

California-style traffic lights are the most modern in the country

From Wikipedia

But the Wisconsin-style traffic lights sucks. Traffic lights are arranged horizontally, you'll see those in New Mexico, Florida and Texas too.

From Panoramio.com

In almost all of Canada, traffic lights are coated in yellow.
    Last edited by chi-det8; September-10-10 at 05:57 PM.