Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hybrid View

Buy American Guest

Default Another Drive-By Shooting

Yes, shootings are on the rise under Chief Godbee - after a 25% drop in homicides and a 15% drop in non-fatal shootings under Chief Evans.

But let's look on the bright side: at least Godbee isn't dating a subordinate or appearing in any TV shows. That makes up for it, right?

Buy American Guest

It wouldn't matter if God was the Chief of Police....Detroit is Detroit and the random shootings, drive-bys, robberies, home invasions, illegal electric hook-ups, copper stealing thugs will still do their thing.

You know they've already done Escape from La and NY movies. Maybe they
    can do a reality show called the same thing about Detroit. They wouldn't have to make the place look any worse than it already is.

Quote Originally Posted by Buy American View Post
    It wouldn't matter if God was the Chief of Police....Detroit is Detroit and the random shootings, drive-bys, robberies, home invasions, illegal electric hook-ups, copper stealing thugs will still do their thing.
    There will always be some of those things. The issue is how many.

Effective policing can reduce that number, as was proven by the 25% drop in homicides and 15% drop in non-fatal shootings that we saw under Chief Evans.

You think if Evans was Chief yesterday, those thugs wouldnt have killed those 2?

You think there has already been enough time to determine that Godbee is a worse chief than Evans? After a few weeks. Anyone with a brain knows that that is not enough time to judge anything. Where are your stats that show crime has surged under Godbee anyway? Non-existent. Plus Godbee was Evans guy - it doesnt say much about your beloved Chief if he had Godbee as his Deputy, if Godbee is such a horrible guy like you claim.

Youve truly become a nutjob the past couple of years.

Quote Originally Posted by spiritofdetroit View Post
    You think if Evans was Chief yesterday, those thugs wouldnt have killed those 2?
    It's hard to point to one specific case and say that it wouldn't have happened if there had been competent leadership at the helm of DPD. However, the overall trend is indisputable.

You think there has already been enough time to determine that Godbee is a worse chief than Evans?
    100 days is the traditional time frame for judging a President and he has an entire nation of 310 million people to govern.

You don't think think half that is sufficient time to judge someone who is only responsible for 1 department in 1 city?

Plus Godbee was Evans guy - it doesnt say much about your beloved Chief if he had Godbee as his Deputy, if Godbee is such a horrible guy like you claim.
    Godbee ran the recruiting section under Evans. He wasn't responsible for making arrests, responding to 9-1-1 calls, or any of the other things that I judge a police chief by.

There's a big difference between being an effective recruiter and being an effective police chief.

Youve truly become a nutjob the past couple of years.
    I guess that means "nutjob" is the new codespeak for "has high school education and reads the newspapers". Thank you.

One month of crime data [[which you still havent provided showing an increase under Godbee) does not prove anything, especially in the City of Detroit. You know this.

Your 100 days remark - he's been in the Chief's chair for less than 2 months.

Buy American Guest

It doesn't matter who is chief people, Detroit thugs will continue to do what they do. I think Chief Evans was a no nonsense person who was getting things done...unfortunately, he got a big head and was loving the limelight too much and Bing didn't want him overshadowing him so he got the boot...plus his fling with the Lieutenant.
    Godbee doesn't have the same status as Evans did, he is not a big man and I think that will play a role in his command...he just doesn't exude the same authority that Evans did.

But, again, I say, things in Detroit are the same...crime will continue. Now, with the human resources department wanting to remove the felony question from a City of Detroit application, they will again try to hire people with criminal records to work in City jobs. Detroit tried this once and had nothing but trouble and they just don't learn from their past history. I'm not sure if the question will be removed from Police applications, but I can guarantee you that if it is, and the City, in it's goodness, gives these felons a break and hires them as Police, crime and corruption will run rampant throughout the City. The Cof D has admitted that they can't find qualified people that live in Detroit to fill positions because of felony convictions. They need to recruit qualified people from the suburbs to become policemen/women and I think you will see a turnaround. I don't want to hear that if you don't live in Detroit you don't care about Detroit and can't serve the people....just ask those 7 firefighters who were injured on Friday the 13th....6 out of the 7 don't live within the City limits and they gave their all for Detroit. Incidentally, 4 of them are still in the hospital or in rehab with terrible injuries.

It doesn't matter who is chief people, Detroit thugs will continue to do what they do. I think Chief Evans was a no nonsense person who was getting things done...unfortunately, he got a big head and was loving the limelight too much and Bing didn't want him overshadowing him so he got the boot...plus his fling with the Lieutenant.
    Godbee doesn't have the same status as Evans did, he is not a big man and I think that will play a role in his command...he just doesn't exude the same authority that Evans did.

But, again, I say, things in Detroit are the same...crime will continue. Now, with the human resources department wanting to remove the felony question from a City of Detroit application, they will again try to hire people with criminal records to work in City jobs. Detroit tried this once and had nothing but trouble and they just don't learn from their past history. I'm not sure if the question will be removed from Police applications, but I can guarantee you that if it is, and the City, in it's goodness, gives these felons a break and hires them as Police, crime and corruption will run rampant throughout the City. The Cof D has admitted that they can't find qualified people that live in Detroit to fill positions because of felony convictions. They need to recruit qualified people from the suburbs to become policemen/women and I think you will see a turnaround. I don't want to hear that if you don't live in Detroit you don't care about Detroit and can't serve the people....just ask those 7 firefighters who were injured on Friday the 13th....6 out of the 7 don't live within the City limits and they gave their all for Detroit. Incidentally, 4 of them are still in the hospital or in rehab with terrible injuries.
    Here's a much better idea. Since all the problem people live in Detroit, why don't we move them all out somewhere else and the problem is solved. Detroit would immediately return to the utopia it once was.

It doesn't matter who is chief people, Detroit thugs will continue to do what they do.
    Okay - if who the chief is doesn't matter, why don't we just make it a minimum wage gig and give it to some homeless guy?

Hell, if the police chief doesn't matter, why do we even have one?

He did indeed initiate such a practice. I don't know if it's still in effect.

Maybe we should just call fnem by his real name Warren.

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    Maybe we should just call fnem by his real name Warren.
    You guessed it. I am indeed Warren Evans.

All of those times when the name Frank Nemecek [[along with my home phone number, home address, and so on) were posted on one thread or another, were just a diversion.

A diversion several years in the making so I could praise one particular chief of police and criticize another.

Quote Originally Posted by Fnemecek View Post
    You guessed it. I am indeed Warren Evans.

All of those times when the name Frank Nemecek [[along with my home phone number, home address, and so on) were posted on one thread or another, were just a diversion.

A diversion several years in the making so I could praise one particular chief of police and criticize another.
    I KNEW IT!!!

I never did trust your beady little Frank Nemecek AKA Warren Evans Eyes!!

As has been said by Bing and by Godbee - the department would not be changing any tactics - they would continue to use the data driven strategy. So, if crime is indeed back up, I guess it is a failure of Evans' policies.

Of course, you have not yet displayed any numbers stating crime is up under Godbee.

Quote Originally Posted by spiritofdetroit View Post
    As has been said by Bing and by Godbee - the department would not be changing any tactics - they would continue to use the data driven strategy. So, if crime is indeed back up, I guess it is a failure of Evans' policies.
    Wow! Even for you, that's an incredibly stupid statement.

Of course, you have not yet displayed any numbers stating crime is up under Godbee.
    I'm sorry, I guess you missed the newspaper article that was posted above. And every other newspaper article published in the past 2 month.

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    Fnem, the parrot routine of regurgitating the same numbers over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over doesn't make you look smarter.
    I post the numbers when they seem appropriate.

Some folks say that Chief Godbee hasn't been on the job long enough for anyone to form an opinion.

Other folks say that who the chief of police is doesn't matter.

In my opinion, those numbers refute both arguments.

Low hanging fruit DID indeed get HIM enough street-level seizures to calculate such a ridiculous figure.

Do you have ANY idea how they calculate those numbers?!

I know for a FACT that in the neighborhoods where I know enough of the players, the low-level street boyz were nabbed and their suppliers went unhindered and were back in business the INSTANT the immediate police presence was moved to another target neighborhood.

The problem did NOT go away, and dozens of fresh blood was added to the rosters of incarcerated black boys who will now go through life with more against them...while those they were WORKING FOR get a pass and can continue along as before.

So, to heck with all these numbers, it really didn't alter a thing in the city.

It didn't alter a thing. If you think it did, you are deluded. I am merely trying to help shake you awake.

If the arson figures don't go way up with Godbee, then we know for sure those figures aren't being reported properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    Low hanging fruit DID indeed get HIM enough street-level seizures to calculate such a ridiculous figure.

Do you have ANY idea how they calculate those numbers?!
    Why, yes, I do. It came from a DPD press release and from there appeared on my blog.

http://warrendale.blogspot.com/2010/...from-2009.html

Quote Originally Posted by Fnemecek View Post
    Why, yes, I do. It came from a DPD press release and from there appeared on my blog.

http://warrendale.blogspot.com/2010/...from-2009.html

Actually, they don't say a damn thing about how they HIGHLY INFLATE the true value of the contraband seized during these raids.

Just with hemp alone, they have an unrealistic yield figure from plants that are seized, taking the entire weight of the plant instead of merely the good parts. They ALWAYS break down the value of any stash to nickel bags, the least efficient means of procuring said substance. If we all bought nickel and dime bags, every $100 ounce of commercial Mexican would be worth at least $280. When you realize that the street ounce price is set to still make money from their bulk purchases, you can see that our fine officers of the law only report the HIGHEST POSSIBLE profits, but not any figures which actually relate with reality at all. [[and you can see how neighborhood kids can be found to peddle them away from their supplying dealer's house or gas station at a handsome-enough profit)

Same with all other drug numbers, they show the highest achievable potential...which is a LIE to make themselves look better, as if they have SOME worth to society at large when in fact they do not. At all. One bit.

Wish I could get my hands on this book, http://www.jstor.org/pss/1227462. Sounds like this fellow is onto something.

It apparently is a world-wide phenomena, police lie EVERYWHERE to make themselves and their prohibitionist lawmakers and judges look better. Gotta give them some worth, doncha know?! http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/1...0.00189.x/full

Apparently there is another story to the 'Stop Snitching' campaign as well, here is some food for thought: http://www.slate.com/id/2132092/ .

Very curious. The so-called Drug War must end, it is failed and will always fail. Prohibition doesn't work, ever. And it will never, not since the Garden of Eden. Oops. Darned if it isn't that old Free Will again.

In conclusion, I couldn't have said this any better, so I'll let this guy do it. http://www.erowid.org/psychoactives/...ritings4.shtml

Cheers, one toke at a time.

Actually, they don't say a damn thing about how they HIGHLY INFLATE the true value of the contraband seized during these raids.
    The estimated street value of a given contraband is indeed subject to inflation. However, since the inflation is fairly consistent [[every police chief in every department does it and has since longer than either of us have been breathing), I believe it's still a reasonably good barometer of how effective DPD narcotics has been.

Besides, in the blog post that I linked to above, it also includes the raw weight of the narcotics. Seizing 35.27 lbs. of cocaine from January 1, 2010 - June 2, 2010 vs. 13.91 lbs. for all of 2009 is a significant increase anyway one looks at it.

Just with hemp alone, they have an unrealistic yield figure from plants that are seized, taking the entire weight of the plant instead of merely the good parts.
    Sort of. They weigh everything that is seized. If an entire plant is seized, they weigh the entire plant. If the dealer was only carrying the good parts, that's what they weigh.

From the photos and video that I've seen, it appears that the vast majority of the time, we're talking about dealers only transporting the good parts. That's what gets seized and weighed.

There's video of Chief Evans announcing the seizure of 1,100 lbs. of marijuana in the video @ http://warrendale.blogspot.com/2010/...pounds-of.html

The bales of marijuana are in the background. It looks to me like it's nothing but the leaves. You can judge for yourself by looking at it.

[[thanks for that update on the Devil's Night fires, Buy, I didn't see that while I was typing my response, I've felt it for years and it is good to have some confirmation)

Buy American Guest

[[thanks for that update on the Devil's Night fires, Buy, I didn't see that while I was typing my response, I've felt it for years and it is good to have some confirmation)
    You're welcome.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast