Quote Originally Posted by DC48080 View Post
Now, bring on the typical DetroitYes rants about how cars are evil..... they and their manufacturers have ruined Detroit..... they represent outmoded thinking..... they ruin the environment..... the car companies conspired to rob Detroit of public transit... they are too much of a suburban concept.... and how we shouldn't build a museum to honor such a pox on our society.
You've got it all wrong, as usual. There's nothing inherently wrong with cars. I like cars, I'm interested in automotive history, and if they ever make the HP plant into a museum, I'll be the first one in line on opening day [[unless the bus is late, then I'll be second or third) .

The problem with cars is that everyone in metro Detroit is forced to use them for absolutely everything because there is no practical alternative. All we want is some choices, and getting all of us who want choices off the roads should make driving more pleasurable for those who prefer to do so. I'm sorry you find this concept so difficult and confusing that you keep trying to boil the discussion down to THOSE PEOPLE HATE OUR CARS.