MaryLynn, Welcome to detroityes. I do remember Marilyn O. and Mary M. who would have been in the 8th grade graduation class of 1962. I did some research on that class last year finding out a little bit about 70% of its graduates and put together a blog with accumulated information including photos of 15 surviving classmates. I sent an website address to everyone I located who was still alive. None of the letters came back 'unknown' so the addresses must have been correct. I have since spoken with or communicated with some of the other class members.

Demographics for anyone interested in the Detroit diaspora: As of a year and a half ago, of those I found, slightly over 20% of the class shown above is deceased. Included is a map of where class of 1962 members are living all over the country. No one in the class lives in Detroit. 14 class members live within 14 miles of Sterling Heights. 4 others live within 65 miles of Peace School in Michigan. 14 live in other states.

I'll be glad to send you a link to the blog if you are part of the class. The blog is not public because of addresses out of concern for privacy. I will send you a detroityes email. Look for a link to it in "notifications" near the top of this page.