Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Thread: Joel Loving

Threaded View

Default Joel Loving

So I was at a community meeting last night and in walks a young guy about 40 minutes in who taps me on the shoulder so he can squeeze into a seat next to me at a table. It took me about 30 seconds, but then I realized it was none other than California's own - Joel Loving!

He was fidgety, talked a lot to himself, shuffled and straightened his papers, checked his phone a lot, interjected himself a couple times in conversation to announce he was Coleman Young Jr running for State Senator and make a bad joke. Overall, I would sum him up as obnoxious.

I asked him why he changed his name. He told me that his name on his birth certificate was always Coleman Young, and that Joel Loving was just an alias to protect him because there were death threats against him when he was younger. He said it was a scary time. Soon after, he got up and ended up sitting somewhere else. He left before the meeting ended and he never addressed the group about what he was apparently there for, [[he passed out flyers for Grandparents Day??) but not before thanking me twice for asking him the question. He said he was glad I asked him about his name change so that more people would know the truth about what we had briefly discussed.

So my question is - What is the truth? Does anyone know the whole story?

I can understand changing your last name to your birth father's - I get it. But to change your whole name? And then move here with little or no experience or education and virtually "steal" two elections based solely on your fathers name recognition is reprehensible. It makes me sick.
    Last edited by JStone; September-08-10 at 10:48 AM.