Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Bearinabox, that's what made me feel so old. I remember my Grandfather's garage still had the original rear-alley-facing door. He later put a driveway to the street and a modern aluminum door on the front side, but by removing a couple of boards, you could still get those rear doors open.

Where's my walker and reading glasses?

Birwood, very cool! I had NO IDEA that there were some standards for fire hydrant colors and what they meant. I've always noticed that most of Detroit's hydrants are red with a yellow cap on top, which were different from the all yellow one down the block from my childhood home in Dearborn. Very cool, this is why I love this board!

LodgeDodger Guest

They're right here...next to my Geritol.

Now I will be looking at fire hydrants all around town, While on the subject in my boiler room at work and on the roof the smaller gas lines are yellow. My "boss" said they should be orange. Would this fall into the same boat as the flow rate or for the Id of the gas line itself. From what I was told that Gas =yellow, Water =Blue, Air=Red.
    When I was looking for a house, I wanted one with a detached garage simply because of the fire aspect. I work on cars and have seen what happens when an attached garage catches fire.