Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Buy American Guest

Quote Originally Posted by R8RBOB View Post
    His public statements only prove that he was exploiting the GM situation. Mr. Fouts conducting his idea publicly so he was embarrass publicly. For starters, he should have never spoke publicly about getting General Motors. There is this little thing called "keeping it to yourself until it's time to let people know what's up." His biggest mistake was sending the letter [[the first one) to Fritz Henderson instead of Barack Obama or his auto czar Rattner. If moving GM was the best option then that should have worked out behind closed doors and Fouts would have been dealing with the ones who would have the final say. Instead, he went public and turned it into a issue of Black city/White suburb, poaching and abandonment.
    We have to agree to disagree.

"I am very disappointed in Obama....his major interest seems to be vacations or sending his wife and 40 of their friends to Spain while people here in Michigan are fighting to get unemployment checks, fighting to keep their homes, trying to figure out where their next meal is coming from. Obama has become one of the "elite" class, don't you think?"

If Obama wasn't fighting to extend unemployment benefits, there wouldn't be any checks for people here in Michigan to get. If you can't see how Obama has helped Michigan more than any Republican who would have been sitting in DC, you really need to spend more time listening to what the politicians say and do. If Republicans would have had their way, Michigan and many of its residents would be in far worse shape.

Quote Originally Posted by Crumbled_pavement View Post
    Let me dumb it down. My point was sarcastic. Patterson accused Bing of poaching for suggesting the Pistons come back to Detroit. Fouts figured it was a good move for GM to move to Warren to get out from under Detroit's taxes and to consolodate its employees all at the Tech Center. In other words, coming to Detroit equals bad, leaving Detroit equals good, but we're all the same region. Figure that one out!
    No need to dumb it down... Apparently you don't realize that sarcasm doesn't suit you... especially for someone who more often than not, likes to play the devil's advocate.... it becomes difficult to tell the difference...
    Last edited by Gistok; September-04-10 at 02:40 PM.

One point about the possible GM relocation.... what building at the Tech Center would have to have been vacated to house the new GM Headquarters? If it's that relatively new tall one... is it suited for office space?

Or would GM have to have built a new HQ at the Tech Center. If that's the case... how could that have helped GM, if they would have to have spent more money?

9mile&seneca Guest

If I was Obama, I'd put 'em back in Cadillac Place. I still havn't gotten over that move.

Fouts comes across as a fool with this. He wanted the citizens of Warren to shoulder more in taxes so he could give GM a tax break. The residents of Warren should be wise to remember that next time he runs for re-election.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3