Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    LodgeDodger Guest

Quote Originally Posted by English View Post
    One of those people spent $95,000 in appliances from Lowe's and Home Depot for their home. How is that even possible? I know there are high-end appliances that people like me can only dream about, but I am trying to mentally put together any appliance package from a big box store that would cost more than a house. What on earth?

Meanwhile, people with the access to funds we could have put to good use were enriching themselves. They were spending this money in IDIOTIC ways... what kind of moron buys $95K in appliances???
    You forget, they weren't spending their own money. I would imagine nothing but the best would do for these folks! Some of the high-end ranges can go for $5,000+. Even more expensive are residential professional-grade appliances. If one considered themself to be a wine connoisseur, an expensive, custom-built wine storage system could really add up quickly. Perhaps some of it was extra payment to the installers? Who knows with those types of folks...

That said, appliances at Casa Lodgedodger are Kenmore.

I'm infuriated when I hear of these abuses. I hope these dirty bastards pay for the rest of their lives.

The problems at the Randolph CTE needed to be addressed to say the least. Systems need to be in place and enforced to prevent this kind of monetary access by administrators, etc.

Having said that I am a supporter of the CTE concept, which graduates students at a high level, preparing them for both career and post-secondary educational options in their chosen field of concentration.

Murray-Wright [[my high school) was one of the first career tech "type" schools back in the day when it was known as "vocational". The modern state approved CTE schools in Michigan [[including the Detroit district) provide an advantage to many students who commit themselves to that level of focus and academic achievement.
    Quote Originally Posted by firstandten View Post
    The CTE [[Career Tech ED) centers are where most of this crazy stuff happens. Many of the teachers are classified as day trade so they also have there own businesses on the side, and too often the systems are so lax that the administrators grab stuff from the school store [[at the CTE schools its more like a mini clothing store) or have work done by the teachers and instead of coming out of your own pocket to pay for the work, they have the school pay for it. Sometimes the administrator will repay the school at a later date, sometimes they forget, sometimes they never intended to repay the school account. I believe some of these administrators felt that getting a deal to have work done at there personal residences was a perk of the position.

Bobb knew the financial controls at the CTE centers were weak and he has been going after the various administrators for a long time. He also knew that especially these centers even more so than the comphrensive HS needs to be audited on a regular basis. It looks like he can now say before he leaves that he sent some folks to jail
    Last edited by Zacha341; September-02-10 at 03:50 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2