Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Pushtina View Post
    I'm not sure Romeo is even part of Metro Detroit.
    Romeo is in Macomb County. It's part of the Tri-County area and part of metro Detroit.

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    Romeo is in Macomb County. It's part of the Tri-County area and part of metro Detroit.
    Don't even bother. People like Pushtina are part of the reason there's no regional cooperation in this area. This region is so fucked that Detroiters actually take offense when people associate the city with its suburban neighbors, and people in the suburbs take offense when their city or township is associated with Detroit.

Regions in the US that thrive do so in no small part because they don't have to deal with this kind of stupid bullshit on the scale that Detroit does.

LodgeDodger Guest

It's infinitely better than those who are from Detroit and have embarrassed us all.

Whether or not you're from Detroit, we're all lumped together...

Quote Originally Posted by artds View Post
    Don't even bother. People like Pushtina are part of the reason there's no regional cooperation in this area. This region is so fucked that Detroiters actually take offense when people associate the city with its suburban neighbors, and people in the suburbs take offense when their city or township is associated with Detroit.

Regions in the US that thrive do so in no small part because they don't have to deal with this kind of stupid bullshit on the scale that Detroit does.
    I didn't know my opinion on a musician dragging our city's name through the mud had anything to do with regional politics. It means something to me that Detroit music is the best in the world.

I didn't know my opinion on a musician dragging our city's name through the mud had anything to do with regional politics. It means something to me that Detroit music is the best in the world.

Kid Rock is dragging our city's reputation through the mud? Are you insane?

He's been a net plus. In fact, what's the minus? You don't like his music, or his redneck attitude? OK, feel free to be a bigot, but don't be an imbecile. There are plenty of people dragging our city's reputation through the mud, like our pols and criminals, but Kid Rock is still Detroit-oriented in a positive way which is more than can be said for all the Motown-era stars and others who moved out and never looked back.

Quote Originally Posted by Det_ard View Post
    Kid Rock is dragging our city's reputation through the mud? Are you insane?

He's been a net plus. In fact, what's the minus? You don't like his music, or his redneck attitude? OK, feel free to be a bigot, but don't be an imbecile. There are plenty of people dragging our city's reputation through the mud, like our pols and criminals, but Kid Rock is still Detroit-oriented in a positive way which is more than can be said for all the Motown-era stars and others who moved out and never looked back.
    Yes, I'm talking about the music. Maybe I take that shit seriously, but like I said earlier, he uses being from Detroit to sell an image. He wants to be part of the great Detroit musical legacy, as well as sell a hard image. I don't really care that he or anyone else lives in the suburbs and casually refers to it as living in Detroit. I lived in the suburbs for a time and did the same thing. My original point is that he isn't from Detroit, his music doesn't sound like it's from Detroit, but he want his celebrity peers/fans to respect him for it anyways. That's bullshit.

So, where's the big plus, cause this bigot imbecile just doesn't get it.

Yes, I'm talking about the music. Maybe I take that shit seriously, but like I said earlier, he uses being from Detroit to sell an image. He wants to be part of the great Detroit musical legacy, as well as sell a hard image. I don't really care that he or anyone else lives in the suburbs and casually refers to it as living in Detroit. I lived in the suburbs for a time and did the same thing. My original point is that he isn't from Detroit, his music doesn't sound like it's from Detroit, but he want his celebrity peers/fans to respect him for it anyways. That's bullshit.

So, where's the big plus, cause this bigot imbecile just doesn't get it.
    How does music 'sound' like it's from Detroit? Does it sound automotive or like it's on a river? Or do you mean that it doesn't sound like Motown?

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    How does music 'sound' like it's from Detroit? Does it sound automotive or like it's on a river? Or do you mean that it doesn't sound like Motown?
    I wish I could put it in words.

All I can say is that yeah, Motown got it. George Clinton got it. Yusef Lateef got it. Mitch Ryder got it. The MC5 got it. Mick Collins got it. Derrick May got it. Jack White got it. And yes, even Eminem got it.

LodgeDodger Guest

Who are these guys?

Quote Originally Posted by LodgeDodger View Post
    Who are these guys?
    The Temptations.

LodgeDodger Guest

Ohhhhhh...

The founders of "Detroit Techno" were from Belleville. Most Motown artists weren't from Detroit, nor live in Detroit anymore.

Who cares?

Hey, I need to have dinner at Berry's house soon....what's his address again??

Quote Originally Posted by artds View Post
    People in Chicago may make fun of Schaumburg or Naperville, but nobody every questions suburbanites if they claim Chicago. It's sad more than anything because people outside of Detroit are LOL about it.