Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Threaded View

Default Civil Defense in Detroit

One of my hobbies is of Civil Defense in Michigan from the late 1940's thru to the 1980's. With most of my focus on Detroit. I've toured the Civil Defense building in Palmer park. I've photographed many of the old yellow sirens and fallout shelters.
    But one of the one items that for the past 3 years of searching I cannot find a detroit Fallout Shelter map. It may have been called a Community Shelter Plan, or something about with the Fallout Shelter sign on it. There would've been 1000's handed out in the 1960's. I understand that this may be a far out kinda topic, But I figured I'd post the question to see if anyone can help.

For those of you that may not know or remember the signs, an example is shown below
    Attachment 940

Attachment 941

Attachment 942

Attachment 943

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3401/...5db1c64445.jpg
    Last edited by Lowell; May-06-09 at 08:23 AM.