Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by claireianthelibrarian View Post
    Photos of the Brach's factory in Chicago, post-Batmansplosion: http://rubbishgoeshere.com/dump/2008...-after-batman/
    Great site...thanks for the linky.The "use it for a movie" idea is great.It kills 2 birds with one stone.I hate to see the great buildings of the past go away as much as anyone.But this is no Hudson's or Penobscott building.Detroit doesn't need more firefighters risking their lives and taxpayers paying for constant fire calls for this building.It's a shame, but a Phoenix has a hard time rising with broken wings.

Wow, did they put it out or is it still burning??

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitZack View Post
    Wow, did they put it out or is it still burning??
    I assume it's out. The DFD was blasting it with heavy doses of water right before I left there on Sunday and the smoke was starting to die down. But then again, it could still be smothering.

Quote Originally Posted by Gsgeorge View Post
    Transformers 3 will be shooting there all September and is blowing the sh*t outta the place.
    Are there any details about their shoot schedule, how long into Sept. or what areas of the plant they are using?

I am fairly certain there is nothing 'toxic' in the Packard complex
    How have you arrived at that certainty? Have you visited lately?

The old tunnel system, a flowing well/water main running at full speed on the north side of the Blvd........that place is one super sized cesspool in many places.

Maybe Transformers 3 is just "dressing the set" to create the post-apocalypse look they're after. I'm sure they'll make good use of the place it, no matter who caused the mess. As Hypestyles said, they could be doing the city a favor by helping to demolishing it.

Quote Originally Posted by mikefmich View Post
    Are there any details about their shoot schedule, how long into Sept. or what areas of the plant they are using?
    They're here four weeks through September, but I'm not about to reveal specific dates/times and locations on the internet besides the obvious stuff that people have already mentioned [[Packard, MCS).

It will be hard to miss them when they're filming and you can spot their presence by looking for signs of prep work. Take a walk around downtown and keep an eye out for fake rubble props and any curious new 'buildings' like the one near the Greyhound station.

Some friendly neighbors might be willing to share their resident notification forms with you. The production team has been handing these out to nearby businesses to inform them when filming will be going on nearby.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastside View Post
    I assume it's out. The DFD was blasting it with heavy doses of water right before I left there on Sunday and the smoke was starting to die down. But then again, it could still be smothering.

Smoldering you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit Stylin View Post
    Smoldering you mean?
    Yes, thank you.

I just love the slow cool way our earth is reclaiming its space, explosions and all.

Been exploring it for years and enjoy the transformation.

Very Zen if you ask me.

I will be sad when its all gone.

They're here four weeks through September, but I'm not about to reveal specific dates/times and locations on the internet besides the obvious stuff that people have already mentioned [[Packard, MCS).

It will be hard to miss them when they're filming and you can spot their presence by looking for signs of prep work. Take a walk around downtown and keep an eye out for fake rubble props and any curious new 'buildings' like the one near the Greyhound station.

Some friendly neighbors might be willing to share their resident notification forms with you. The production team has been handing these out to nearby businesses to inform them when filming will be going on nearby.
    Thanks dude.....I sent you a note.

Quote Originally Posted by Wingnatic View Post
    I used to work at a company along I-94 and the Blvd. it used to be Stone Container and then Laimbeer Container or something like that . Inside the building there was big steel doors with a slight decline in the floor [[much like a dock but not so steep ) The doors were always padlocked but I was told the building was once a part of Packard and it was a tunnel between Packard buildings . Not sure if that was true or not true .
    Wing--Stone Contaner used to be in the portion of the plant built in 1942 for defense work, specifically the production of Rolls-Royce Merlin aircraft engines. 55,000 of these powerplants were built by Packard during the war. After the war it was used for the styling department and other functions of the company.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2