Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Quote Originally Posted by slimshady View Post
    Geez, man take a fucking pill. The link I sent you was for a military Nuclear Biological and Chemical protection suit - that should be enough. Besides, it was JOKE man, or do you think I thought you needed a real hazmat suit? Ok, so you can come up with $15 but not $400? You still sound like an unemployed loser.
    I've got an old one from my active duty days that I could ship up there. Needs new filters for the mask though. Not to mention it could probably use a good thorough cleaning after all these years. Wear it to picnics & parties, be the talk of the town!

Lorax Guest

However, Walmart, Target, K-Mart, all big box retailers, Home Depot, etc. regularly practice this- even if an outside inventory audit is performed, it is in unison with store employees as part of their "stock" assignments.

ccbatson Guest

They aren't locked up....the job requires the time, if they don't agree, they can quit [[and leave).

Slimshady, really? Employees couldn't open the front doors and emergency exits? Are you even implying its company policy? I want a source and I don't mean Joe Blow's blog that he runs from his basement.

The Home Depot I worked at didn't even allow empty carts in front of the emergency doors. It was on the safety checklist we did every opening and closing shift. When I punched out after store hours, I simply left by turning the lock and someone would lock it behind me. Our store locked outsiders out because we wanted to protect the employees.

Lorax Guest

I was first to add this wrinkle to the story-

There are numerous occasions where Walmart has locked it's employees in. One case mentioned above is the first to bring the national spotlight to it.

Always after store hours, and frequently during periods of inventory, most big box retailers have also done it. They order pizzas and keep people, often mothers who need to return home to their children.

There are also plenty of instances when store politics shift workers to "stock assignment" lousy after hours shifts, generally for cleaning, stocking shelves, etc.

These shifts are offered for marginally higher pay, but the trade off is that no one can leave the store until management says so, with these shifts often being used punitively to punish marginalized workers, or those out of favor with the boss at that moment.

It's amazing in how just a few short years we can have behemoths like Walmart destroying main street American retail, leaving whole downtowns destitute and abandoned in favor of acres of paved parking lots and a few jobs.

But hey, there's a new museum in Bentonville Arkansas with Impressionist master's paintings donated through the largess of the Walton family, so the underemployed can git some kulture between lousy shifts.

Ok. You swayed me. The Plaintiffs have made it through a Walmart motion to dismiss the false imprisionment and Walmart settled a different illegal case with the Feds for $11 million. A major company operating in America in today's day and age!

Aren't the major fines for this stuff easy pickens to help Jenny fix Michigan's budget issues by making frequent inspections? Doesn't Jenny see the political capital from Dems for burning Walmart and from Repubs for catching illegals? The good thing is that some people seem to be successfully going after them. The bad news is that it seems to be profitable to do it anyway.

http://www.walmartjanitors.com/wmj94...sedevelopments

Lorax Guest

Don't forget the Canadian Walmart workers who were out of jobs- the entire store full of them- when a group of employees decided to unionize not long after the store was built, and the government gave the go-ahead to unionize, and without a fight, Walmart announced the store was closing, and left town!

God forbid the employees should have the right to assemble and address grievances. But knowing Walmart's horrid track record with employee relations, they thought attempting to unionize would be a good thing. Now they're out of jobs.

ccbatson Guest

I say bravo Walmart...Private property and a business that is not there to benefit it's employees, rather to make a profit and, as a side benefit, employ people.

Lorax Guest

Hopefully you keep those views to yourself when in public, since they're socially unacceptable.

Do you talk bullcrap like that while chastising your illegal ailen servants?

I'd check my food after ordering at restaurants, if I were you.

Wow, you are a super-elitist.

ccbatson Guest

Heck no...if someone asks, or discusses it, I am not bashful...political correctness be damned.

The word is Individualist [[as opposed to elitist)....look up the definitions.

Lorax Guest

I've got your number, Batts- elitist, and a few other perjoratives fit you just fine.

ccbatson Guest

I don't think you know what the word means, let alone anything about me.

ccbatson Guest

Was I addressing you SM?

Locking employees in the store overnight is fairly common. Several years back, in college, I worked at a local independent grocery store, and the night stock crew were locked in the store overnight. I think the crew leader may have had a key though, in case of an emergency.

Quote Originally Posted by ccbatson View Post
    As part of a package of pay and benefits for the work they do that supports a decent lifestyle for them and their families?
    As far as benefits are concerned, I recall a few years back, Walmart said there was no need to offer health care to their employees, as they could just apply for Medicaid or other welfare. Now thats some good conservative values there.

I have no clue as to weather they have since changed that stupid policy.

They haven't, though I remember hearing something during the debates, where Obama had a plan that would have fixed that government subsidy that Walmart gets. I wondered if it gave them an unfair advantage over their competition or if their competition had to start doing it too.

ccbatson Guest

If Walmart representatives said something that ignorant...I would be very surprised.

Regardless, that is beside the point.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5