Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

DetroitPole Guest

Perhaps your attitude had a little to do with your experience. I rehabbed my Detroit house and the inspectors were nothing but helpful. I had stuff that they flagged and they told me to call them back when I had them completed and they came out the next day! No additional inspection fee either. You would be surprised as how far a little courtesy and civility goes..............especially when you need somebody to help you out.

You obviously think that since the house is in Detroit it can be any kind of unsafe piece of crap and nobody should care or have to do anything about it. By all means, go buy a house in Grosse Pointe if you don't want to look at "collapsing shacks, illegal dumping everywhere, etc".[/quote]

????
    I never saw the guy. I was at work when the inspector came. He has no idea who I am, and I have no idea who he was. I guess maybe I should have been nicer?

I'm actually a pretty nice person.

Also, I love and live in this city but I'm not looking at it through rose-colored glasses, either. Don't tell me to live in Grosse Pointe.
    Last edited by DetroitPole; August-31-10 at 07:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPole View Post
    Also, I love and live in this city but I'm not looking at it through rose-colored glasses, either. Don't tell me to live in Grosse Pointe.
    Yes. we know. GP is not authentic enough for you.

DetroitPole Guest

Quote Originally Posted by bailey View Post
    Yes. we know. GP is not authentic enough for you.
    I'm sorry, but I wasn't talking to you. Like most people, I have many personal reasons for chosing where I would wish and not wish to live and that is really none of your business, nor do you know anything about me. I never stated that GP was not authentic enough for me, so please don't make assumptions.

I don't understand how a comment like that is allowed to fly here, yet if I were to say, "Yes. we know. Detroit is too ghetto for you." that would be unacceptable. Double standard.

Yikes, you really took that jazz thing to heart, didn't you? Guess I struck a nerve.

Sorry your rationalizations aren't working out for you.