http://www.freep.com/article/2010082...g-at-Manoogian
Detroit Mayor Dave Bing changes mind, heads to spiffier Manoogian Mansion

Boy, isn't that nice for him? Changed his mind on living in a waterfront mansion? I wonder if it is as nice as his place in Franklin. At least he's just hanging out there and doesn't actually have to buy a place and live in the city.

This stinks. Why is the poorest big American city providing a mansion for a millionaire businessman to live in? AT $150,000 PER YEAR! Yeah it should stay a private residence, so why don't they sell it or rent it? I'm sure the taxes on that place aren't cheap [[if Lord Bing had to pay taxes like the rest of us, that is) so that couldn't hurt the city coffers. Houses don't sell well in Detroit but that one sure would. If they rented it, they could put the money towards security, snow plowing, and cleaning up that park in the Villages.

The residents of JB don't appear to be too thrilled to have it as an attraction again, with cars piled up along Dwight. They also seem to be concerned about that park, but who cares, fuck 'em.

So much for promising not to live there. I guess that old loser realizes he is a one-term mayor so he better live it up before he takes up residence in Franklin officially again.

$150,000, I guess four extra cops would be nice, but of course the mayor needs a mansion. This place is a fucking banana republic, and he is Papa Doc.