Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

A couple years ago I walked past the old General Motors building in NYC. A nice, but fairly generic building, the facade was being reclad in glass to improve the buildings image. [[which in my opinion made it worse) Well, apparently it's not really working out to increase occupancy. The glass recladding will continue to completion, but once it's done the bulding will likely be demolished entirely for a new tower with a nordstrom and residential on top.

curbed.com

They are still marketing the building
    http://www.3columbuscircle.com/

....that will likely end facing the wrecking ball....

Default What a bunch of judgementalism...

I love everything from Gothic churches to Richardson Romanesque buildings, but I also think the dramatic Dubai architecture is elegant, beautiful and modern! They are an iconic expression of the wealth of Dubai, not unlike the pyramids of Giza were for the Pharaohs and the Ford Rotunda was for the auto industry.

It's appropriate that New York gets an unimpressive, conventional building. America's empire, which gave rise to the Empire State building, is on the wane. It's so last century like the buildings in Detroit.
    Last edited by Gyro; September-11-10 at 08:38 PM.

Default Now I'm going to be judgemental...

One Detroit Center is a nice building from a distance, but at ground level by the walk-through, it has fake plastic Greek columns hiding the structural steel. Grotesque! It's like grafting an elephant's trunk onto a mouse. Shame on someone.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitehouse View Post
    Thankfully the city of Utrecht shot down this monster before it was build.
    That beats this.
    http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...w=1024&bih=578

Just a lot less obtrusive lol

Speaking of One Detroit Center, wasn't there supposed to be a twin?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3