Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Default The Ellington Lofts Auction

I checked out the Ellington Lofts today since they are putting on this auction on may 9th. The prices are insanely cheap [[I know, it's just a starting bid, but still) - most are going for 50 to 60 % off the original price. The lofts are fantastically beautiful with magnificent views of the city. You can get a two bedroom corner loft, with spectacular views and a great patio for 115,000 starting bid. The economy is bad and with the 25 remaining lofts that are up for bid, only about 10 people have pre-registered to attend the may 9th auction. If the number stays that low, you'd have a great chance of getting the lofts as cheap as the starting bid.

Quote Originally Posted by dcmorrison12 View Post
    I checked out the Ellington Lofts today since they are putting on this auction on may 9th. The prices are insanely cheap [[I know, it's just a starting bid, but still) - most are going for 50 to 60 % off the original price. The lofts are fantastically beautiful with magnificent views of the city. You can get a two bedroom corner loft, with spectacular views and a great patio for 115,000 starting bid. The economy is bad and with the 25 remaining lofts that are up for bid, only about 10 people have pre-registered to attend the may 9th auction. If the number stays that low, you'd have a great chance of getting the lofts as cheap as the starting bid.
    I've seen a couple of those auctions around town. I know the Riverfront condos just did one.

LodgeDodger Guest

Did you find out the association fees for the Ellington? Just curious.

it ranges, depending on what loft layout you want. They are a bit high - anywhere from 200 to 400 a month, but you get a free covered/guarded parking spot in a parking structure [[which connects to the building by an enclosed walk way on the 2nd floor), the public spaces are cleaned twice a week and look spectacular, it helps pay for security, and there is a fitness room that you can use.

LodgeDodger Guest

it ranges, depending on what loft layout you want. They are a bit high - anywhere from 200 to 400 a month, but you get a free covered/guarded parking spot in a parking structure [[which connects to the building by an enclosed walk way on the 2nd floor), the public spaces are cleaned twice a week and look spectacular, it helps pay for security, and there is a fitness room that you can use.
    Thank you, dc. $200-400 isn't as steep as other places in town. Those are nice condos.

For $115k you can buy just about any house you want. Remember last month's median price was $5816 to say its a buyer's market is an understatement.

So its 50% off what it was a couple of years ago? Big Deal There's a building on Jefferson and many in Brush that go for 15% of their 2005 price.

LodgeDodger Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ocean2026 View Post
    For $115k you can buy just about any house you want. Remember last month's median price was $5816 to say its a buyer's market is an understatement.

So its 50% off what it was a couple of years ago? Big Deal There's a building on Jefferson and many in Brush that go for 15% of their 2005 price.
    Uhhhh...you've never been inside these buildings on Jefferson and in Brush Park, correct?