Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    LodgeDodger Guest

Excellent argument, Res. I have a meeting at Fort Wayne tomorrow AM. Looking forward to it.

I will be there tomorrow about noon, so if you get a chance, please stop by the Commandants House and say hi!

Res

Stosh Guest

Quote Originally Posted by LodgeDodger View Post
    Actually, T-Plex isn't a contender. I didn't want to mention the other place and steal Fort Wayne's thunder. *hug*
    I'll be honest, even if they lose, they win in a larger sense, more publicity for their cause.

LodgeDodger Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Stosh View Post
    I'll be honest, even if they lose, they win in a larger sense, more publicity for their cause.
    That's very true, Stosh.

I agree as well! We have gotten HUGE exposure from this, and that can do nothing but good on behalf of the Fort not withstanding the potential to be awarded the grant.

Again, thanks for the support of our endeavor!

Res

510 votes as of this morning. We received 76 votes yeterday alone!!

Thanks to all and keep up your "Support of the Fort"!

Res

Well, I'm not as enthused as I was earlier now that Mark Phelan of the Freep pretty much ruined anyone elses chances by unfairly broadcasting that the Highland Park Model Plant desparately need their votes to win the Challange in todays news. That place is one of the biggest dumps in the city, needing millions of dollars to do what they want to do as stated in the article. In addition, there effort would be a huge redundancy and take away from the efforts of those who are already representing the automotive industry in this town.

I thought that his narrow focus on the Plant was a pretty biased thing to do for the many efforts of all of the preservationists without juxtapositioning all of the other sites in the running by giving them the same avenue to tell their story. I felt he definately blind-sided our effort as well as the others in the running as none of us have that type of a vehicle to get the word out.

I would ask those that feel the same way to step up their efforts on our behalf or for any of the other favorites in the running for the grant, so that we can at least get some equal distribution of the preservation votes on behalf of so many who try so hard to make their efforts count. I believe that if we redouble our efforts, we can and will take the voting to a new level and thwart whatever underhanded reporting he attempted to portray by not writing a more balanced article which would do real justice to the preservation community as a whole by giving all of us equal representation for the voting.

We will prevail, I am sure, but it will take a monumental effort to overcome the bias that has clearly occured. Our supporters have shown unswerving dedication to our cause, and the Coalition is and will be forever grateful for your support.

Thanks for everyone's help and lets make sure that we get the word out to "Support the Fort!"

Res

Sent out the word to everyone I know, sorta. Anyway visited the Fort several years ago and took a lot of pics. What is this? What does it represent? It was a keystone on the little areas that you went underground [[underneath the dry moats) to fire back at people who were against the outside of the wall.

szla-

I'm working on an answer for you in regard to the picture. I believe that I do know exactly what it is but I am asking the site manager for his opinion before I give up the answer.

As for the voting, I believe that we have received a bit of a reprieve in regard to my fears about Mr. Phelan's article. We are currently at 560 votes, 50 more than we were at before the article came out.

People, it seems, do realize the conditions of some of the competing entities, and they have somewhat taken into account the benefit of voting for the Fort in that it will completely redo an entire structure,and the will be used immediately, rather than just being put into a bank account for some future project should those entities even get future donations or awards.

As I said, the other entities need literally millions to reach their objectives, where as we can actually finish one whole building off for future sustainability in one fell swoop.

Thanks to all again and please help get the word out in our effort to "Support the Fort"!

Res

Drove by it last week, I voted.

Well, the voting for this contest is pretty close at the top, and we have fallen to 15th place as of Wednesday. The HP plant has also fallen back, but they are well ahead of us in 7th place and they have had a lot of press which I am sure helped their cause immensley.

We are currently at 765 votes and I still believe that we have a chance to finish in the top ten, if not win the award. For a first time effort, I am very proud of the fact that almost three times our membership voted and showed their support for the Fort! The exposure alone is something that we can and will build on and we will keep getting the vote out.

You still have until Wednesday, September 15th to vote, so if you can please help by voting to "Support the Fort"!

Thanks to everyone who has helped us out!

Res

Today's Detroit News has an article highlighting all 5 Michigan projects vying for the $25,000 Grant. Too bad it doesn't including the instructions for voting so the general public would have some idea that their vote can count for something.

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...-$25-000-grant

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3