Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Looks like they wrapped early cuz of it:
    ’Transformers 3’ wraps early after accident during filming near Chicago

By Dahleen Glanton
    Chicago Tribune
    CHICAGO — The “Transformers 3” production crew scrapped plans to film its final scenes in Chicago after a bank teller working as an extra was critically injured, a city official said Friday.
    Filming of the action movie was scheduled to be completed on Thursday, with final scenes being shot at Millennium Park, along Wacker Drive and at the Midway Plaisance, the city said. Those plans were canceled after 24-year-old Gabriela Cedillo was struck in the head Wednesday night during filming in Hammond, Ind.
    “ ’Transformers’ has completed their filming in Chicago,” said Richard Moskal, director of the Chicago Film Office in the Mayor’s Office of Special Events. “The filming that was canceled [[Thursday) was not rescheduled.”
    Cedillo remained unconscious Friday, in critical but stable condition at Loyola University Medical Center in Maywood, Ill., relatives said. The family was gathered at the hospital.
    “We haven’t talked to her,” said her mother, Rosa Cedillo, adding that there were no immediate plans for surgery.
    The film crew released a statement reading: “Our thoughts and prayers are with Gabriela, her family and loved ones. We are looking into what caused the accident.”
    The Indiana Occupational Safety and Health Administration has begun an investigation into the incident, according to spokesman Marc Lotter.
    Lotter said OSHA must first determine whether Cedillo, as a paid extra, was hired as an independent contractor or as an employee. If she was hired as an employee, OSHA would have jurisdiction.
    “We’re looking into the general circumstances that led to the accident and the employment status of the victim,” said Lotter. “Once we determine the circumstances, we will look into if there were safety violations or training issues.”
    Cedillo was injured as the movie crew filmed a scene on Cline Avenue in Hammond that involved drivers moving along a busy highway as explosions went off in the opposite lane.
    A metal object smashed through the windshield of her car and struck her in the head. Her car continued moving, skidding along the inner median concrete barrier for about a mile before coming to a stop, Indiana State Police said.
    ———
    [[c) 2010, Chicago Tribune.

Quote Originally Posted by mcsdetroitfriend View Post
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/stormdog42/4936195157/

At least hollywood is keeping with local contractors...SRS is a Stone Restoration Services, they specialize in polishing Marble Flooring! I wonder what Michael Bay has up his sleeve, but it makes me VERY excited!
    I heard that MCS is being used for "Detroit 1-8-7" right now, not "TF3."

The shoot you saw a couple weeks ago was Detroit 187. There are three more shoots happening at mcs: t3, hostel, and one more secret project

Quote Originally Posted by mcsdetroitfriend View Post
    The shoot you saw a couple weeks ago was Detroit 187. There are three more shoots happening at mcs: t3, hostel, and one more secret project
    What's the "secret" project? I won't tell anybody else! Ha! Ha!

Default Rail cars for Transformers 3

Two weeks ago I spent a night at a railfan bed and breakfast in eastern Pennsylvania. I met a man there who had putchased three used passenger cars from the Long Island Railroad for use in Transformers 3. He was supervising their trip to Detroit. Two of the cars were scheduled to be destroyed in the filming. He intended to savve the other Long Island car for resale. I got a message from him last week saying that the Norfolk Southern approved his cars for transit to Detroit.

you know what would be sweet? some KABOOM at MCS,...in the railyard, NOT the building

They might have to lay some tracks there too....

Quote Originally Posted by renf View Post
    Two weeks ago I spent a night at a railfan bed and breakfast in eastern Pennsylvania. I met a man there who had putchased three used passenger cars from the Long Island Railroad for use in Transformers 3. He was supervising their trip to Detroit. Two of the cars were scheduled to be destroyed in the filming. He intended to savve the other Long Island car for resale. I got a message from him last week saying that the Norfolk Southern approved his cars for transit to Detroit.
    The train cars ended up going to the Packard Plant, where they have been positioned to crash out of a fourth-storey window on the northern end. If you take a look down the alley you can see them, but the security guards will prevent you from taking photographs.

Quote Originally Posted by Gsgeorge View Post
    The train cars ended up going to the Packard Plant, where they have been positioned to crash out of a fourth-storey window on the northern end. If you take a look down the alley you can see them, but the security guards will prevent you from taking photographs.
    How did they get them there?? Via the ramp?

Just realized the Packard plant has been laying abandonned longer than it was ever in production....
    Last edited by Whitehouse; September-06-10 at 05:11 AM.

There's railroad tracks on the west side of the Packard Plant.

If you go down south on East Grand Blvd, the 1st couple of blocks south of Mt Elliott, you can see all the support vehicles and stunt cars in the Capuchin's lots.

Quote Originally Posted by malmarson View Post
    There's railroad tracks on the west side of the Packard Plant.

If you go down south on East Grand Blvd, the 1st couple of blocks south of Mt Elliott, you can see all the support vehicles and stunt cars in the Capuchin's lots.
    I know there are tracks, but how did they get them onto the fourth floor?

I want pics, pics, pics!!

The used two big hydraulic lifting cranes. They're in the lot next to the Packard. It's my understanding the cars will be destroyed for filming. They look like old Amtrak passenger cars.

Quote Originally Posted by Gsgeorge View Post
    The used two big hydraulic lifting cranes. They're in the lot next to the Packard. It's my understanding the cars will be destroyed for filming. They look like old Amtrak passenger cars.
    Did I pick the right location in that aereal view?

Quote Originally Posted by Whitehouse View Post
    Did I pick the right location in that aereal view?
    They're a bit south of there, just north of the entrance to the alleyway via E Grand Boulevard.

Someone should sneak some pics, it's quite the scene there, the huge train car crashing out of the fourth- or fifth-story window, cars strewn everywhere, some kind of huge concrete pipe sticking up out of the old building foundation, pieces of fake machinery and debris all over the place, faux signs, etc. Cool stuff.

George! throw on some camo and get some shots!

http://www.detroitfunk.com/?p=4693

I told the red shirt freaks to call a cop. They did. Cop drove by and waved. I waved back. Continued taking photos. Red shirts freaking all over- lewserz.

Dfunk pulls through again! Thanks bro for all you do!

Searchlights? Maybe this could be a night shoot.

Looks like this.

But if they are, they are quite big...
    Last edited by Whitehouse; September-10-10 at 08:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mauser View Post
    http://www.detroitfunk.com/?p=4693

I told the red shirt freaks to call a cop. They did. Cop drove by and waved. I waved back. Continued taking photos. Red shirts freaking all over- lewserz.
    I'm surprised guards gave you alot of problems. There was none of that here in Chicago. Tons of public viewing areas up close where fans could film and snap pictures to their hearts content. People were also allowed to pose in front of the props and burned wreckage so as long as they did't touch or move them. I wonder if they are worried people are going to sneak into the building. Security staff out here was local, wonder if there is a different tone to things with staff in the D.

lilpup Guest

probably jet engine mock-ups

I was thinking microwave antennae but they might be too large for that.

They look like prop spotlights. Meaning they will appear on film. Probably military related. I can see shots of the military guys using them to light the transformers at night. These are definitely dressed to appear on camera. Wouldn't have any other practical use as film light.

WXYZ showing the benefit of having a helicopter!!!

Mauser! You desperately need donors!

And I count not three, but four rail wagons!

That's not a pipe. That's your instant ruin, Detroit style.

Anyone wanna do some cameo work?

Freep also woke up.

First youtube clips to emerge from the Detroit shoot.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvVIgwE0h3c
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3MhfzWAaqQ
    Last edited by Whitehouse; September-10-10 at 07:33 PM.

what is the name of the security company with the red shirts. I was taking pictures from the sidewalk of packard. not even interested in the set. and they first threatened to break my camera. they then said "there is a .357 in that room. they WILL shoot you..."

Last edited by Whitehouse; September-10-10 at 08:09 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast