Quote Originally Posted by English View Post
Yeah, you get that in the desert states. I know people love NV and AZ, but to me it always feels like something is missing out of the landscape...
I moved from MI to AZ in 2001 and at first it sure did seem like "something was missing out of the landscape" but after a few months to a year I got used to it. I do remember driving through an area in my first month out here and looking at some houses for sale and being sticker-shocked at the $500,000-plus asking prices for houses that I thought were in a "poor" looking neighborhood. Now in retrospect there is nothing "poor" about those neighborhoods - they just didn't have grass! On the flipside, there is one boulevard running through Scottsdale that goes through a "wash" area that is heavily landscaped and lush with lawns and trees [[Hayden from Shea to Indian Bend, for those who are familiar with Scottsdale and want the reference point!) which every time I drive it reminds me of Lakeshore Drive from the Ford House to Vernier. As you approach Indian Bend from the north, there is a clearing that with a vivid imagination would almost pass for the appearance of Lake St. Clair after the Yacht Club. The only difference is there's no Yacht Club and no lake - just wide-open Indian reservation with flat desert landscape!