9 21.43%
  • No

28 66.67%
  • I don't know

1 2.38%
  • It makes no difference one way or the other

4 9.52%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Yeah, he could never make anything of himself after the upbringing he had.

S.T.U.P.I.D. It's what is killing our country.

I don't think that my position is as much cynical as it is to call a spade a spade - no racial slur intended. When it's to his advantage to be black - he is. When it's to his advantage to be white or Haffa - he is. When one looks at his past - growing up in Hawaii, we find that he was one of the few, or only, "black" kids in Punaho [[hope I spelled it correctly) one of the most exclusive schools in Honolulu. He was raised "white" and lived "white". When it was to his advantage to be black - he was. Do you really believe that if he ran for president under a race other than black that he would have been elected - or even considered? I suggest not. What is Obama and what does he really stand for? Nobody knows, we are left to simply fill in the blanks. That's why his life is a sham - it's a secret!

Quote Originally Posted by 5thSFGP View Post
    I don't think that my position is as much cynical as it is to call a spade a spade - no racial slur intended. When it's to his advantage to be black - he is. When it's to his advantage to be white or Haffa - he is. When one looks at his past - growing up in Hawaii, we find that he was one of the few, or only, "black" kids in Punaho [[hope I spelled it correctly) one of the most exclusive schools in Honolulu. He was raised "white" and lived "white". When it was to his advantage to be black - he was. Do you really believe that if he ran for president under a race other than black that he would have been elected - or even considered? I suggest not. What is Obama and what does he really stand for? Nobody knows, we are left to simply fill in the blanks. That's why his life is a sham - it's a secret!
    When you are trying to get ahead in a society that makes decisions about people based on what color they are, I'm not sure how you expect anything different. You can blame him all you want, but the fault lies with us.

I don't "blame" Obama at all and I certainly agree that the fault lies with the collective "us". What I am saying is that he was elected not as the best man but as a black man whose lack of a track record or any credible experience was discounted in favor of his race - or at least the race that he preferred to project at that moment. I suppose that's almost reverse discrimination isn't it?

I don't "blame" Obama at all and I certainly agree that the fault lies with the collective "us". What I am saying is that he was elected not as the best man but as a black man whose lack of a track record or any credible experience was discounted in favor of his race - or at least the race that he preferred to project at that moment. I suppose that's almost reverse discrimination isn't it?
    So 13% of the population, not all of which who vote, but which almost always votes democrat anyway regardless of color, is the reason he won?

I think I might have a more likely explanation why the Republicans tanked.

About a quarter of exit poll respondents approved of Bush’s job performance, where about half did four years ago. This year, half of voters said they "strongly disapproved" of Bush and about eight in 10 of those voters backed Obama.

No, Obama's election was not as simple of its being "a black thing". I think that a very large part of our country was simply tired of politics as usual - hell, even I contributed to his campaign. After 8 years of Clinton followed by 8 years of Bush, a very unpopular war, and all of the other trappings sent voters looking for an alternative. Unfortunately, the promises of a different Washington have not been kept. What we have is more of the same and a yearning for an alternative. November should be interesting.

What I am saying is that he was elected not as the best man but as a black man whose lack of a track record or any credible experience was discounted in favor of his race - or at least the race that he preferred to project at that moment.
    No, Obama's election was not as simple of its being "a black thing". I think that a very large part of our country was simply tired of politics as usual
    Wha-huh???

There's a whole laundry list of items. Race is just a part, but you have to admit it was played strongly.

Goose, do you really give a shit what muslim extremists or any extremists think? Who cares what his father was or his mother for that fact? He is who he is and yes he inherited a fucking HUGE mess from decades of apathy.

I don't Obama is gong to do much as a President and I don't think the next President will either. You people put too much onus on one man.

The USA is on a course that is difficult to steer; one man does not have the power to do it alone. If you think the President can do it all think again.
    Even the Chimp, Bush jr, wasn't all responsible for the economy. The people who he put in charge were.

Quote Originally Posted by GOAT View Post
    Goose, do you really give a shit what muslim extremists or any extremists think? Who cares what his father was or his mother for that fact? He is who he is and yes he inherited a fucking HUGE mess from decades of apathy.

I don't Obama is gong to do much as a President and I don't think the next President will either. You people put too much onus on one man.

The USA is on a course that is difficult to steer; one man does not have the power to do it alone. If you think the President can do it all think again.
    Even the Chimp, Bush jr, wasn't all responsible for the economy. The people who he put in charge were.
    I agree with you Goat... corporate America also gets a big share of the blame for the economy the way it is... when they outsourced so many millions of manufacturing, engineering and Information Technology jobs to China and India... what jobs are many of these millions of skilled workers going to be "retrained" for?? If I hear "green jobs" one more time, I'm gonna puke...

And Walmart... the nations largest retailer further exacerbated the outsourcing by putting demands on its' retail suppliers to either cut costs or not do business with Walmart.... end result even more outsourcing.

With so many highly paid skilled jobs disappeared from the American [[and Canadian) landscape... is it any wonder that even more folks are in foreclosure??

Other industries, such as the medical profession are starting to be affected by outsourcing...

Latest bad news... Sony outsourced their entire USA [[California) IT department to India...

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    I agree with you Goat... corporate America also gets a big share of the blame for the economy the way it is... when they outsourced so many millions of manufacturing, engineering and Information Technology jobs to China and India... what jobs are many of these millions of skilled workers going to be "retrained" for?? If I hear "green jobs" one more time, I'm gonna puke...

And Walmart... the nations largest retailer further exacerbated the outsourcing by putting demands on its' retail suppliers to either cut costs or not do business with Walmart.... end result even more outsourcing.

With so many highly paid skilled jobs disappeared from the American [[and Canadian) landscape... is it any wonder that even more folks are in foreclosure??

Other industries, such as the medical profession are starting to be affected by outsourcing...

Latest bad news... Sony outsourced their entire USA [[California) IT department to India...
    When you put it that way, it's as if they couldn't have done a better job undermining the entire country if they had orchestrated the whole thing to achieve just that end. Wait.

Was Homeland Security guarding the wrong gate?!

Well for the record [[smile) NOT every black person voted for Barack Obama. Though it may have not been the best Thankgiving meal discussion to have mentioned that option... Faced with the choice [[non-choice) of McCain/ Palin some voted independent.
    There's a whole laundry list of items. Race is just a part, but you have to admit it was played strongly.
    Last edited by Zacha341; August-27-10 at 10:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post

I agree, corporate america largely thru economic policies started by the Reagan administration started to lead us down the path we are on.

This didn't happen overnight and it won't get solved overnight. This is some 30 years in the making.

But Gistok, don't puke if you hear about green jobs, because that may represent the only significant manufacturing jobs left in America. Hopefully by that time we can change our trade policies so we can at least keep those jobs.

To build upon your Walmart example. GM would tell its production parts supply base that they need to either build a plant in China or partner up with the Chinese because China is the low cost country and if you don't have the lowest cost you won't be doing business with GM.

Quote Originally Posted by GOAT View Post
    Doesn't that kind of put the blame largely on him still?

Quote Originally Posted by d.mcc View Post
    Doesn't that kind of put the blame largely on him still?
    Or maybe Cheney if George was the figurehead some claim him to have been.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    Or maybe Cheney if George was the figurehead some claim him to have been.
    I'm sorry, maybe I was schooled in the ways of actions = consequences, and you know... leadership. But if you appoint someone to run an operation and they do a horrible job... You are absolved from all responsibility???

But if you appoint someone to run an operation and they do a horrible job... You are absolved from all responsibility???
    Er, no. And there were far too many such appointments to have been accidental. And I certainly wouldn't absolve Cheney from his responsibility for the fiasco.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    Er, no. And there were far too many such appointments to have been accidental. And I certainly wouldn't absolve Cheney from his responsibility for the fiasco.
    Then why do some people give Bush a pass for the horrible economy? Oh wait, that must be Clinton and Obama's fault.

If I remember properly, the economy took a massive shit mid-summer 2008...

Then why do some people give Bush a pass for the horrible economy? Oh wait, that must be Clinton and Obama's fault.
    Well, one famous former con from this thread even went so far as to say it was all Carter's fault. Talk about grasping for straws.

It's kind of like how before the 2008 election, the Beck', Limbaugh's and Hannity's kept saying the economy was fine. Then, the day after the election they kept referring to it as "Obama's Recession".
    Last edited by Detroitej72; August-29-10 at 06:58 PM.

If I remember properly, the economy took a massive shit mid-summer 2008...

the president has the least control over the federal budget and spending... sick and tired of everyone pointing fingers at bush, clinton, bush, obama

want to see who's guilty, look at congress, they by-and-large shape the direction of the economy and govenment spending in this country.....

You don't think that McCain's age and his choice of running mate may have worked against him? As well as his sudden love for the religious right? Do you honestly think that most black people wouldn't have voted for the Dem. pres. candidate no matter what his/her color or ethnicity?

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Well for the record [[smile) NOT every black person voted for Barack Obama. Though it may have not been the best Thankgiving meal discussion to have mentioned that option... Faced with the choice [[non-choice) of McCain/ Palin some voted independent.
    You mean they voted for Nader?

Quote Originally Posted by Goose View Post
    the president has the least control over the federal budget and spending... sick and tired of everyone pointing fingers at bush, clinton, bush, obama

want to see who's guilty, look at congress, they by-and-large shape the direction of the economy and govenment spending in this country.....
    Yeah, how about Trent Lott et al.?
    http://www.finfacts.ie/irishfinancen..._1019448.shtml
    "...An analysis by the think-tank, Public Citizen, found that at least 70 former members of Congress were lobbying for Wall Street and the financial services sector last year, including two former Senate majority leaders [[Trent Lott and Bob Dole), two former House majority leaders [[Richard A. Gephardt and Dick Armey) and a former House speaker [[J. Dennis Hastert). "

Maxx - I think Palin was one the worse running mate that McCain could have selected. Whomever suggested that an obscure governor with minimal experience and NO understanding of world politics could be a viable candidate defies reason. While she was to bring new blood to the ticket, the moment she opened her mouth the truth became obvious.

She was soooo pretty. That was the reason.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast