Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Thread: Stress

Hybrid View

Yeah, I gather as much from what little I have seen. It's unfortunate.

I'm curious to know what they did, like what their m.o. was, and the web is not being helpful. For example, I know what SWAT does. They're special weapons and tactics, they're sort of a paramilitary version of the police with tanks and whatnot that can actually storm places if needed. Stop robberies, enjoy safe streets? Their big trick was using decoys? I remember playing video games, where I would use a decoy to trick the missile into no longer pursuing my jet fighter [[or in the case of ToeJam and Earl, using a fake statue of me to confuse a gaggle of geese).

What the heck was S.T.R.E.S.S.?

I found an article which gives a good history of the Stress unit, puts it in context with what was going on at the time. Its long, but I think its a good read, enjoy !

http://www.scribd.com/doc/30594925/D...t-s-Super-Cops

Quote Originally Posted by firstandten View Post
    I found an article which gives a good history of the Stress unit, puts it in context with what was going on at the time. Its long, but I think its a good read, enjoy !

http://www.scribd.com/doc/30594925/D...t-s-Super-Cops
    Wouldn't say I enjoyed it, but holy shit, that's certainly "informative!" Clearly, a bunch of reprehensible stuff happened under the guise of S.T.R.E.S.S.

Downriviera, now that I know what it was, I would agree with some other version of "innovative Police program" and leave S.T.R.E.S.S. out of the picture. Anyway, I don't imagine it's a question of DPD tactics, they're just undermanned.We need $50M a year from someone - the feds? - to hire an additional 500 cops, and what has been said about the courts and prison system. Not a bunch of sting operations.
    Last edited by fryar; August-19-10 at 04:09 PM.