Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DC48080 View Post
    This coming from someone who refers to conservatives as "rednecks"
    http://www.detroityes.com/mb/showthr...564#post175564

My my, aren't we easily offended.
    There isn't such a thing as a "conservative" in this nation anymore, just radical extremist idiots who THINK they're "conservative".

A real conservative doesn't cry about balancing the budget out of one corner of his mouth, while promoting tax breaks for billionaires out of the other corner.
    Last edited by ghettopalmetto; August-29-10 at 02:16 PM.

and speaking of reality... anyone with 50 posts and half a brain knows that this "urban" forum is generally "democratic leaning"
    "DetroitYes - Celebratiing the International Family of Communites of Greater Detroit & Windsor" = "urban" forum ?

Maybe this forum leans left but if the recent primary election is any indication of the political leanings within the "Family of Communities of Greater Detroit", only 44.5% of the voters in Wayne, Oakland and Macomb counties cast a vote for a Democrat gubernatorial candidate.

DC48080 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ghettopalmetto View Post
    There isn't such a thing as a "conservative" in this nation anymore, just radical extremist idiots who THINK they're "conservative".
    Wow, and you talk about "personal degradation of those who disagree with you". You're showing yourself to be quite the hypocrite here. [[See your own post #16 above)

But if you will allow me to stoop to your level and use a liberal's favorite tactic [[stereotyping and name-calling) you are coming off as your typical shrill far left wing nutjob.

The most liberal President ever in the history of this country, Barrack Hussein Obama, is in the White House and people like you are not happy. You cannot stand any voice of dissent yet it is folks like you who were the most shrill, screaming at the top of your lungs protesters from 2000 to 2008 having hissyfits over everything George W. Bush did.

DC48080 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeg;176869Maybe this forum leans left but if the recent primary election is any indication of the political leanings within the "Family of Communities of Greater Detroit", only [URL="http://miboecfr.nictusa.com/election/results/10PRI/02000000.html"
    44.5% of the voters in Wayne, Oakland and Macomb counties[/URL] cast a vote for a Democrat gubernatorial candidate.

Be careful Mikeg, by using facts again you're going to start another big flare up here. Right now there are some people on this forum literally quivering with rage. So much so that they probably cannot type because their hands are shaking so much.

Wow, and you talk about "personal degradation of those who disagree with you". You're showing yourself to be quite the hypocrite here. [[See your own post #16 above)

But if you will allow me to stoop to your level and use a liberal's favorite tactic [[stereotyping and name-calling) you are coming off as your typical shrill far left wing nutjob.
    When the Tea Party folks acknowledge their own hypocrisy and start citing FACTS, I'll cease referring to them as "idiots". These are the people who claim that taxes are "too high", yet taxes haven't been this low in SIXTY years. Where was their "grassroots" organizing during the Reagan, Bush, Clinton, and Bush administrations when taxes were even higher than they are now?

The most liberal President ever in the history of this country, Barrack Hussein Obama, is in the White House and people like you are not happy. You cannot stand any voice of dissent yet it is folks like you who were the most shrill, screaming at the top of your lungs protesters from 2000 to 2008 having hissyfits over everything George W. Bush did.
    Again, not a shred of fact, just more unsubstantiated opinion. What is your basis for Barack Obama being the "most liberal president ever in the history of the country"? What objective, factual metric are you using?

I can most definitely stand INFORMED dissent. But you can't go around espousing "hard work" and "individuality" and "personal responsibility" while you blame the government for all of your problems. Again, not a shred of anything resembling verifiable fact.

I see you would rather point fingers and make excuses than address the content of the New Yorker article.
    Last edited by ghettopalmetto; August-29-10 at 02:51 PM.

DC48080 Guest

I have never blamed the government for any of my problems.

More liberal hypocrisy: the same folks who say it is ok for the muslims to build the ground zero mosque on the basis that not all Muslims are evil terrorists [[which is true) are some of the loudest voices against Glenn Beck holding his rally on the anniversary of MLK's speech because they think that because he is a conservative he must therefore be a racist. He is not the least bit racist.

Ironic? Or just more liberal hypocrisy

DC48080 Guest

I see you would rather point fingers and make excuses than address the content of the New Yorker article.
    What New Yorker article???

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeg View Post
    "DetroitYes - Celebratiing the International Family of Communites of Greater Detroit & Windsor" = "urban" forum ?

Maybe this forum leans left but if the recent primary election is any indication of the political leanings within the "Family of Communities of Greater Detroit", only 44.5% of the voters in Wayne, Oakland and Macomb counties cast a vote for a Democrat gubernatorial candidate.
    So what? That was a primary... and 44.5% of the people WHO SHOWED UP TO VOTE cast a vote for the Democrats.... ... and not a sudden shift the overall demographics. Just like we had Engler fatigue 8 years ago... and Bush and Granholm fatigue more recently... this doesn't show a demographic switch.

It's funny when statistics get spun to be part of an argument...

DC48080 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    It's funny when statistics get spun to be part of an argument...
    Funny indeed

I have never blamed the government for any of my problems.
    Yet you say that our president is "too liberal", the country is on the "wrong track", taxes are "too high". Which is it?

More liberal hypocrisy: the same folks who say it is ok for the muslims to build the ground zero mosque on the basis that not all Muslims are evil terrorists [[which is true) are some of the loudest voices against Glenn Beck holding his rally on the anniversary of MLK's speech because they think that because he is a conservative he must therefore be a racist. He is not the least bit racist.

Ironic? Or just more liberal hypocrisy
    If at first you can't support your own opinions with FACT, obfuscate, obfuscate, obfuscate. How about citing some FACTS that support your opinions? You just keep changing the damned subject and TRYING TO BLAME SOMEONE ELSE FOR EVERYTHING. Switching the conversation to the proposed mosque in New York doesn't sound like someone exercising PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY.

I confused this thread with another one. THIS is the New Yorker article: http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2...0fa_fact_mayer Try blaming liberals for this.
    Last edited by ghettopalmetto; August-29-10 at 03:43 PM.

DC48080 Guest

Yet you say that our president is "too liberal", the country is on the "wrong track", taxes are "too high". Which is it?

If at first you can't support your own opinions with FACT, obfuscate, obfuscate, obfuscate. How about citing some FACTS that support your opinions? You just keep changing the damned subject and TRYING TO BLAME SOMEONE ELSE FOR EVERYTHING. Switching the conversation to the proposed mosque in New York doesn't sound like someone exercising PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY.

I confused this thread with another one. THIS is the New Yorker article: http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2...0fa_fact_mayer
    Just exactly when and where did I say taxes were too high and the country was on the wrong track?

You're putting words in my mouth again. It is you who likes to obfuscate. Debating with you is like talking to a hysterical child.

Getting libs like you worked into a froth is too easy. Open your mind and use critical thinking. You might enjoy life more if you weren't so angry all the time.

Getting libs like you worked into a froth is too easy. Open your mind and use critical thinking.
    First you use a narrow minded generalization... then you say "open your mind"....

DC48080 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    First you use a narrow minded generalization... then you say "open your mind"....
    It is not a narrow minded generalization. It has been made apparent time and time again.

But I need to sign off now. The kids want me to pull them around in the tube before we go in for the day.

Cheers to all. Try to smile today.
    Last edited by DC48080; August-29-10 at 04:12 PM.

Just exactly when and where did I say taxes were too high and the country was on the wrong track?

You're putting words in my mouth again. It is you who likes to obfuscate. Debating with you is like talking to a hysterical child.
    My bad. A re-read of everything you've posted will certainly show that you think everything has been peachy keen since January 20, 2009.

It's not so much that you're angry. You just like to offer unsubstantiated generalized opinions about people who think in paragraphs instead of bumper sticker slogans.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeg View Post
    Here's a link to the article with the evidence that maxx asked for and apparently doesn't like. I'm surprised maxx didn't just dismiss it out of hand because it was reported in a newspaper other than the NY Times or Washington Post.

"maxx" responds to that article:
    Attachment 7256
    I responded by saying that there is a difference between individuals giving to political campaigns and corporations doing that. Then you and DC 48080 took the low road and engaged in personal attack, ever the fallback weapon of the right.
    Last edited by maxx; August-29-10 at 06:05 PM.

I hope you do indeed feel better after that disjointed, profainity filled, name calling loony hissy fit.

I hate to burst your self rightous bubble but Beck did not use the "N-Bomb" as you call it.
    Nope, Beck didn't, but Sarah "the Grizzled" Palin, suggested that Dr. Lara keep firing it off...

DC48080 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by d.mcc View Post
    Nope, Beck didn't, but Sarah "the Grizzled" Palin, suggested that Dr. Lara keep firing it off...
    If you agree that Beck didn't say it then why did you claim that he did?

Confuse a liberal: use facts and logic

DC48080 Guest

It's not so much that you're angry. You just like to offer unsubstantiated generalized opinions about people who think in paragraphs instead of bumper sticker slogans.
    I am not angry, actually I am amused. You are funny. You are a textbook liberal. All you see is what you have been programmed to see. You cannot think for yourself.

But it is ok, you're special. You really matter to someone so keep on doing what you do whether right or wrong.

As for me: my wife has been laughing her a@@ off looking at the posts on this thread. I'm out of here for the night. Time to put the kids to bed and unwind from the day and get ready for work tomorrow.

Have a really really special night Dyes'ers.

Getting libs like you worked into a froth is too easy. Open your mind and use critical thinking. You might enjoy life more if you weren't so angry all the time.
    Critical thinking is something that is done by the educated. Cons constantly refer to educated people as "the elites", and portray them as the enemy, thus stating that they place no value on an education.

Don't believe me? Just listen to the new deity of the right, Sarah Palin speak for about two minutes and she'll spout it.

I am not angry, actually I am amused. You are funny. You are a textbook liberal. All you see is what you have been programmed to see. You cannot think for yourself.

But it is ok, you're special. You really matter to someone so keep on doing what you do whether right or wrong.
    I develop my own opinions based on FACTS, thank you very much. Where do you get yours???

Yawn, this one is old.

If you agree that Beck didn't say it then why did you claim that he did?

Confuse a liberal: use facts and logic
    Never claimed Beck did... Must have missed the "pallin'"... Guess it all goes back to that silly readin' we do

DC48080 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by d.mcc View Post
    Never claimed Beck did... Must have missed the "pallin'"... Guess it all goes back to that silly readin' we do
    In your loony disjointed and rambling post [[#18 above) regarding Glenn Beck you made reference to dropping the N-bomb.

To whom were you referring then?

And what exactly is this "pallin" to which you refer again?

So what? That was a primary... and 44.5% of the people WHO SHOWED UP TO VOTE cast a vote for the Democrats.... ... and not a sudden shift the overall demographics.
    Gee, that's the direct opposite of what we heard from the Democrat base following the Nov. 2008 general election, when the results [[Wayne, Oakland & Macomb cast 64.7% of their votes for Obama) were widely trumpeted as representing a permanent shift in party-identification toward the Democrats.

My point, which you chose to overlook, remains that this forum is purported to be for residents and those interested in the "International Family of Communities of Greater Detroit & Windsor" and that within the "communities of Greater Detroit", neither the Democrat or Republican base has a majority [[2008 and 2010 election results suggest that the base of voters in the tri-counties is about 45% Democrat and 35% Republican). Therefore, if it is reality that you are touting, it's hard to make a case for the dominance of the radical left-leaning posters here as being representative of the community as a whole.

DC48080 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitej72 View Post
    Cons constantly refer to educated people as "the elites", and portray them as the enemy, thus stating that they place no value on an education.
    Care to offer up something to substantiate this charge?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast