I don't have time to comment on this at the moment. I'll leave it to the rest of you, for now.

Congresswoman Kilpatrick Receives “A” on Middle Class ScorecardLawmaker Receives High Marks for Efforts to Strengthen and Support
America’s Middle Class Families
Detroit, MI — Congresswoman Carolyn Cheeks Kilpatrick [[MI-13) earned an “A” on the Drum Major Institute for Public Policy’s [[DMI) 2008 Middle Class Congressional Scorecard, an analysis of legislation that impacts Americans’ ability to reach and maintain a “middle class standard of living.” The Congresswoman was recognized for her support of measures aimed at strengthening middle class families by creating jobs, increasing energy independence, promoting tax fairness, and making health care, housing, and higher education affordable. This is the fifth consecutive year Congresswoman Kilpatrick has earned an “A “on the scorecard.
“It is an honor to receive this ‘A’ rating from the Drum Major Institute for Public Policy,” said Congresswoman Kilpatrick. “During these difficult economic times, families in Michigan’s 13th District, throughout the state of Michigan, and across America are struggling to manage their household expenses. They are working hard to hold on to their jobs, stay in their homes, and meet the needs of their children. I will continue working to make sure that America’s families have access to the resources and support they need.”
“Middle class means more than middle income, which is why we look closely at how members of Congress vote on education, healthcare, economic security, and other issues that directly impact a middle-class standard of living,” said Dan Morris, Director of Communications at the Drum Major Institute for Public Policy. “Congresswoman Kilpatrick’s voting record in 2008 shows strong and consistent support for a middle class policy agenda as we define it. That’s why she received an ‘A’ on our scorecard.”
The Drum Major Institute for Public Policy is a non-partisan, non-profit organization widely recognized as America’s middle-class think tank. From releasing nationally recognized studies of the middle class to showcasing progressive policies that have worked to advance social and economic justice, DMI has been on the leading edge of the public policy debate. To review the complete MiddleClass.org 2008 Congressional Scorecard, visit www.TheMiddleClass.org.