Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Blarf Guest

Quote Originally Posted by p1acebo View Post
    I like Valenti as well, he knows his sports... and that is all that matters to me [[regardless of where he is from).
    I like him best when he talks about Non-sports related topics myself. He's actually very sharp, and he speaks his mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Blarf View Post
    I like him best when he talks about Non-sports related topics myself. He's actually very sharp, and he speaks his mind.
    When it comes to sports related opinions, Mike Valenti usually has his game on. He backs up all of his opinions with some pretty sound rationale. Sure, he's a bit of a firebrand but he brings his game each and every day. One doesn't always have to agree with him, but one has to respect the fact he does his research, has some facts to back up his opinions and has some sense of passion for this city's sports teams. I think pairing him off with Terry Foster helps too. Terry Foster brings a sense of calmness and open minded objectivity to things sports and Detroit.

They play off of one another very well and can actually make for some pretty entertaining discussions.

As far as Jay Towers goes, his schtick really isn't that captivating. He's definitely not the second coming of J.P. McCarthy, Dick Purtan or even Jim Harper. But then is there anyone really breaking any sort of fresh ground on commercial radio any more??

Quote Originally Posted by Blarf View Post
    I like Mike Valenti. He gained cool points when he would consistently rip on Jay Towers back when he worked there.
    Valenti needs to learn more about hockey though. Clueless.

Looks like he's tryin to pull off Joey from freinds.

how YOU doin'???

Quote Originally Posted by mallory View Post
    I knew him when he worked in Grand Rapids. The kind of guy that most of the employees hated but the management thought he was the golden goose. He's not that great on the air, so I just don't get it.
    I used to work in radio years ago. We had a morning guy everybody hated. He always insisted on being paid to attend a charity event. But people were always talking about him, and management ate it up. You can bet Jay Towers is showing his bosses this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by p1acebo View Post
    I like Valenti as well, he knows his sports... and that is all that matters to me [[regardless of where he is from).
    Same here. I love when he gets going. Towers on the other hand was ok on 97.1 in the a.m. but like someone else has mentioned, he's nowhere as horrible as Drew & Mike are.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2