Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    Just like some have apparently forgotten that pesky little 'freedom of religion' thing in the first amendment of the Constitution.
    I have no problem with the Mosque, it just shouldn't be at ground zero. That's all I'm against.

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    Just like some have apparently forgotten that pesky little 'freedom of religion' thing in the first amendment of the Constitution.
    Thank you, jcole.

Quote Originally Posted by 1KielsonDrive View Post
    Great analogy.
    Not really. The KKK wasn't affiliated with a religious group. They were just affiliated with a bunch of white racists that felt they could do what they felt.
    Last edited by jerrytimes; August-14-10 at 01:50 PM.

I agree with the highlighted parts of your comments. I'm just curious about the Obama is a mother fucking asshole part. Kind of reeks of neo-con, tea party, fundamentalist, rhetoric. I have disagreements with Obama and have developed a clear dislike for him, but Obama is a mother fucking asshole? I might substitute ???? for Obama.
    You may substitute Bush for Obama in that statement. After his first term I felt that way about him as well. The statment has nothing to do with neo-con, tea party, fundamentalist, rhetoric. It's just an opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by jerrytimes View Post
    I have no problem with the Mosque, it just shouldn't be at ground zero. That's all I'm against.
    So, you don't think Muslims should be allowed to pray [[including praying for the VICTIMS of that tragedy) a whole TWO BLOCKS AWAY???

Are they supposed to move their congregation to New Jersey just so you'll sleep better at night?
    Last edited by ghettopalmetto; August-14-10 at 01:51 PM.

Not really. The KKK wasn't affiliated with a religious group.
    Please do tell us what the banner on this website says:

http://www.kkk.com/

You may substitute Bush for Obama in that statement. After his first term I felt that way about him as well. The statment has nothing to do with neo-con, tea party, fundamentalist, rhetoric. It's just an opinion.
    Thanks for that comment. But I'm still a little miffed by the Obama is a mother fucking asshole.

Quote Originally Posted by ghettopalmetto View Post
    So, you don't think Muslims should be allowed to pray [[including praying for the VICTIMS of that tragedy) a whole TWO BLOCKS AWAY???
    Sure, but not in a Mosque that close.

Thanks for that comment. But I'm still a little miffed by the Obama is a mother fucking asshole.
    I don't understand why. The USA should be infuriated at him right now. He lied to everyone during his campaign about everything. Out of Guantanamo...no. Free health care for all....didn't happen. Better economy.... not yet... Out of Afghanistan.... no sir!

I'm shocked by all the hysteria that went on when Bush was president [[and for the most part rightfully so) but now if I say one thing about Obama I get jumped on. Did you get mad at people for wearing Bush t-shirts depicting him as Hitler? What about the one with a Nazi sign on his forehead? Probably not. But say one bad thing about Obama and watch out!

Just like there isn't a mass group of Muslims that fly airplanes into buildings.

Get it?

No, He doesn't ghettopalmetto. I agree with you 100%. Isn't this being built BLOCKS away? I can understand why people are upset, but maybe all this opposition is forgetting something very, very important. Our ARMED FORCES.
    Have you forgotten exactly what they live, fight and die for? Is it not the same rights they fight for that these Muslims are seeking? I didn't know it excluded people who call "God" by a different name...or have brown skin.They are citizens of the United States....you know, the country that flag you're waving around belongs to.
    and they have ALL of the same rights and freedoms you do. Don't you think there were maybe......just maybe a couple hunderd Muslims in the WTC? Don't you think that there were Muslim NYFD and NYPD members killed? On the planes themselves?????

And have you forgotten such Christian groups as say.....the IRA? No? How about...mmmmmmmmmmm the KKK? I wonder who bombed the Atlanta Olympics..........or even the Oklahoma bombing.

edit...missed some things while I was typing...sorry for repeats lol

Sure, but not in a Mosque that close.
    Oh, I see. You're all for "freedom", except when the freedoms and rights of other people make YOU uncomfortable.

Oh, I see. You're all for "freedom", except when the freedoms and rights of other people make YOU uncomfortable.
    Muslims don't make me uncomfortable by the way. Just the ones that want to wipe out the west.... That's us if you weren't aware and there are millions of Muslims that feel that way.

For your information, you can't just build anything where ever you please. Building that there is very offensive to many people. I'm sure if someone was going to build something close to a Mosque that was offensive to them it wouldn't be allowed. Again, sort of bringing back something that I said earlier. If I wanted to build a strip club, I would have to have permission and if it offended many people it wouldn't happen. Would it be ok to you if one was build across or down the street from a Mosque? That's something that would offend many Muslims and in a case like that, it should not be allowed to go there. This is a free country, but you are required to respect other feelings. The Muslims that want to build that there are not respecting the millions of people whom are against it being so close to that site.

Muslims don't make me uncomfortable by the way. Just the ones that want to wipe out the west.... That's us if you weren't aware and there are millions of Muslims that feel that way.

For your information, you can't just build anything where ever you please. Building that there is very offensive to many people. I'm sure if someone was going to build something close to a Mosque that was offensive to them it wouldn't be allowed. Again, sort of bringing back something that I said earlier. If I wanted to build a strip club, I would have to have permission and if it offended many people it wouldn't happen. Would it be ok to you if one was build across or down the street from a Mosque? That's something that would offend many Muslims and in a case like that, it should not be allowed to go there. This is a free country, but you are required to respect other feelings. The Muslims that want to build that there are not respecting the millions of people whom are against it being so close to that site.

Got any idea how many people in the west want to turn the whole mid east into a shimmering sheet of glass?

I see what your saying there, but if zoning by-laws permit it, then the Muslims have to go to council just like everyone else. There, the pros and cons can be weighed out and the yea or neh given. If the NYC planning dept said yea, then ya know....sorry about your luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
    Got any idea how many people in the west want to turn the whole mid east into a shimmering sheet of glass?
    Yeah, not many. People in the west do not want to wipe them off the map.

Please share your polling data with us. You have apparently concluded that these Muslims in New York are hellbent on destroying our nation. Cite source.

For your information, you can't just build anything where ever you please.
    Which is why New York City has the Department of City Planning.

Building that there is very offensive to many people.
    I'm offended by fundamentalist zealots who call themselves "Christians". Life doesn't always go your way. Get a helmet.

I'm sure if someone was going to build something close to a Mosque that was offensive to them it wouldn't be allowed.
    Pure speculation and conjecture on your part. Cite section of New York City zoning regulations that supports your statement.

This is a free country, but you are required to respect other feelings.
    No one is required to do jack shit that isn't encoded in the law. "Feelings" are not regulated. "Religious freedom", however, is protected by the First Amendment.

Please share your polling data with us. You have apparently concluded that these Muslims in New York are hellbent on destroying our nation. Cite source.

I'm offended by fundamentalist zealots who call themselves "Christians". Life doesn't always go your way. Get a helmet.

No one is required to do jack shit that isn't encoded in the law. "Feelings" are not regulated. "Religious freedom", however, is protected by the First Amendment.
    Where in my posts say that I'm some huge Christian? BTW, you do a very good job at spinning everything.

It's common knowledge that there is a large group of Muslims that want to kill non Muslims in the west. They are called..... we've allready spoke of them..... al Qaeda! You can add the Taliban to that.
    Last edited by jerrytimes; August-14-10 at 02:20 PM.

Buy American Guest

Are they supposed to move their congregation to New Jersey just so you'll sleep better at night?
    If you really believe that, are you interested in a bridge for sale?

Yeah, not many. People in the west do not want to wipe them off the map.

yeah but "not many" out of the whole population is probably MILLIONS. It's the same thing. We just don't go out on our own bombing people. Instead we segrigate them and make them feel like they don't belong in our communities.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
    yeah but "not many" out of the whole population is probably MILLIONS. It's the same thing. We just don't go out on our own bombing people. Instead we segrigate them and make them feel like they don't belong in our communities.
    That's right. We don't just go bombing people. That's the difference. When was the last time that a large Christian group just went out and bombed another group of people just because they are of another faith? yeah, I can't think of one either.

I don't have any problems with a Mosque in my community. I live just outside of Detroit, so there a few around me. I'm fine with that and with them. My whole issue is the lack of respect in New York. Put it somewhere else..... simple as that. New York is HUGE! You're telling me that two blocks away from Ground Zero is the only place that they can put it?

Where in my posts say that I'm some huge Christian? BTW, you do a very good job at spinning everything.

It's common knowledge that there is a large group of Muslims that want to kill non Muslims in the west. They are called..... we've allready spoke of them..... al Qaeda! You can add the Taliban to that.
    I'm not spinning a damned thing. My statements are rooted in fact and can be verified. You, on the other hand, provide no supporting FACTS for your claims of "common knowledge", nor have you established any sort of linkage between al Qaeda or the Taliban to this particular Muslim congregation.

You're just a big ball of hate but aren't man enough to admit it.

I'm not spinning a damned thing. My statements are rooted in fact and can be verified. You, on the other hand, provide no supporting FACTS for your claims of "common knowledge", nor have you established any sort of linkage between al Qaeda or the Taliban to this particular Muslim congregation.

I never said that I believed that the Taliban or al Qaeda were linked with there Muslims building this Mosque. The only link is that they are Muslim. I just said that it's in poor taste.

Also, I'm not a big ball of hate. I am someone who is voicing an opinion, which you just SPUN as a big ball of hate.

Buy American Guest

The opposite is true....you are the unreasonable one who seems to hate the idea that someone disagrees with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Buy American View Post
    The opposite is true....you are the unreasonable one who seems to hate the idea that someone disagrees with you.
    I agree with you. He doesn't see that no where in my posts have I said that I hate Muslims and that they shouldn't be able to build a Mosque. That's his own little argument that he has in his head. My whole thing is that it is in poor taste to do something that in many peoples minds is very disrespectful to Americans. Not only that, but to show that they don't even care that we feel this way makes it even worse.

Buy American Guest

I agree with you. He doesn't see that no where in my posts have I said that I hate Muslims and that they shouldn't be able to build a Mosque. That's his own little argument that he has in his head. My whole thing is that it is in poor taste to do something that in many peoples minds is very disrespectful to Americans. Not only that, but to show that they don't even care that we feel this way makes it even worse.
    My feelings exactly. The muslims who wish to build this mosque that will shadow over sacred ground in N.Y., are insensitive and selfish, disrespectful and uncaring. Why would they want to be someplace that they are not welcome. Go two miles away, not two blocks.
    Could you imagine if there was a fire in the mosque....what NYC firefighter would want to stretch on the building? They would have to because of their sworn duty but that would be another slap in the face to those who died.

Quote Originally Posted by Buy American View Post
    My feelings exactly. The muslims who wish to build this mosque that will shadow over sacred ground in N.Y., are insensitive and selfish, disrespectful and uncaring. Why would they want to be someplace that they are not welcome. Go two miles away, not two blocks.
    Could you imagine if there was a fire in the mosque....what NYC firefighter would want to stretch on the building? They would have to because of their sworn duty but that would be another slap in the face to those who died.
    They wouldn't even think about that though. Those men don't have a concern as to whom they are saving... just that they are.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast