Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Good news last night...

Brendan Milewski .....after a long operation.....no severed spinal cord tissue and no spinal fluid leak.
    Still a long jouney to recovery.

Only by God's grace......

That is really great news. God be with them all.

Stromberg2

Our thoughts and prayers ae will all these HEROs and their families. Having grown up as a DFD "brat", I can feel for what they're going through. When the press box at Tiger Stadium burned YEARS ago, we almst lost our Dad as my brother an I were listening to it all on the scanner. Hardest life lesson I ever learned.

Good news indeed!

Quote Originally Posted by jtf1972 View Post
    Good news indeed!
    +1

On a side note, I'm glad someone finally did a good job boarding up the tall apartment builing next door. For a while it was wide open, some boards were just placed against the doors but could easily be moved.

Wow...... Prayers and thoughts go out to these brave men and women who put their lives on the line every day for all of our safety. Sad that this happened in an occupied building with real tenants. It had some good architecture still present as I recall. Thanks for those photos.

I hope there was minimal damage to the hotel next door. DZack, it has been secured much better over the past year or two since some group is actively renovating the hotel structure. You'll notice to new windows in the upper floors. Hopefully the fire adjacent won't set them back too far....

This thread discusses the renovation work to the old Hotel: http://atdetroit.net/forum/messages/...tml?1162177056

Buy American Guest

4 of the firefighters are still in the hospital, one is critical the last I heard. This thread just dropped off the radar lately and the guys still need all your thoughts and prayers.

Perhaps someone should remove the "OPEN" sidewalk billboard in front of Metro PCS?

What's the latest on this story and the injured firefighters?

Buy American Guest

Eric Jurmo is still in the hospital in very serious condition.
    Brian is healing at home and awaiting therapy.
    Razzy has to remain totally immobile for 8 wks because of his broken bones.
    Brendan is still very sick, had a bad infection and was back in ICU last week.
    They all need your thoughts and prayers every day. It is going to be a long haul for all of them.
    God bless them all.

What ends up happening to these guys? I can only imagine some of them are now looking at ending their careers. Do they get a pension? One would certainly hope so.

Incidents like these always make me want to reach out and show some appreciation. Is there something constructive we can do from afar to assist them in any way? I guess I'm asking if there is somewhere to make a contribution to try to help make sure all of their goals in life don't go flying out the window because they got screwed in the act of being truly decent guys. Funds for college or what have you. Not that I'm a Rockefeller, but I thought I'd ask if there's a pizza party I can skip hosting, so to speak. Skipped pizza parties can also add up, and the city's pretty much broke, or so I hear.
    Last edited by fryar; September-07-10 at 10:07 AM.

http://www.detroitfiremensfund.com/

a number of links to assist you in making a donation

Whats going on with the investigation into who set the fires and who paid them to do so? Did someone want a new party store?
    While I don't feel one life is more valuable than the next due to occupation my prayers are with these guys.

Buy American Guest

Quote Originally Posted by fryar View Post
    What ends up happening to these guys? I can only imagine some of them are now looking at ending their careers. Do they get a pension? One would certainly hope so.

Incidents like these always make me want to reach out and show some appreciation. Is there something constructive we can do from afar to assist them in any way? I guess I'm asking if there is somewhere to make a contribution to try to help make sure all of their goals in life don't go flying out the window because they got screwed in the act of being truly decent guys. Funds for college or what have you. Not that I'm a Rockefeller, but I thought I'd ask if there's a pizza party I can skip hosting, so to speak. Skipped pizza parties can also add up, and the city's pretty much broke, or so I hear.
    Their injuries are too extensive and the recovery period will be long and painful. The type of crushing injuries all of them had, it's doubtful that any of them will return to active duty, I hope I am wrong. Three of them are younger, 31+, but one is 46 or 47 and as we all know, healing at an older age is harder. They will get a duty disability from their injuries.

Thanks for your concern fryar, I'm sure the department appreciates your wanting to do something for them.

gnome posted a link to the firemens fund which will give you telephone numbers to call if you'd like to donate something towards the injured firefighters.

Also, I'm sure sometime in the near future there will be fundraisers for them. Some of these guys have young children and I'm sure they can use any help from people who care, like yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Buy American View Post
    I'm sure sometime in the near future there will be fundraisers for them. Some of these guys have young children and I'm sure they can use any help from people who care, like yourself.
    Yeah, do post about that here, if you hear anything.

Buy American Guest

Quote Originally Posted by fryar View Post
    Yeah, do post about that here, if you hear anything.

I sure will, and thanks again.

Buy American Guest

Firefighter Fund Raiser at the Roostertail, Friday, October 15, 2010 7PM - 12 AM

Details to follow.

With both arsonists now sentenced to prison for setting a blaze that injured seven Detroit firefighters, the victims' colleagues are focused on a crucial detail that continues to smolder.

The person accused of hiring the two men to torch his cell phone store as part of an insurance scam remains a free man.

"This is the guy who's got to go," said Detroit firefighter Jeffrey Urbas, who was among many firefighters packed into a federal courtroom Thursday in Ann Arbor for the sentencing of Calvin Jones.
    http://www.freep.com/article/2011120...xt|FRONTPAGE|s

That has always been my idea of what really happened. All to cheat an insurer out of thousands to build a flashy new store and continue to screw Detroiters out of money. All of these gas station/ party store, cell phone, dollar store EBT card cashing pricks are cheats and liars. Yes all of them. And when something like this goes down they flea back to their $hit hole native lands to hide out until the day they can reinvent themselves under a new name and come back. I hope they nail this bastard good. He's the real reason those guys got hurt. The ones that set the fire were just the first stupid ones that were asked. If not them it would have been someone else.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3