Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

For the facts are stranger than fiction file...

Every summer the PW theatre tours coincide with the Detroit Caribbean Parade down Woodward Ave.... likely this is true this year as well....

My niece works at Harper Hospital... and Friday morning as she was getting off of I-75 at Mack Ave. to get to work, her SUV was sideswiped by the "City of Detroit" float that had not yielded to her while coming down the service drive...

My niece called the Detroit Police [[much to the annoyance of the float driver)... and they arrived promptly [[the timeliness was probably aided by the peculiar nature of the call )....

Anyway the float driver said that my niece should have seen him coming [[can't argue with that! ) But the officer told the float driver that he didn't care if he was going down the service drive with the Goodyear Blimp... that he had to still yield the right of way to motorized traffic....

My niece did say that the float [[I'm assuming it's for the Saturday parade)... had buildings representing those downtown on the float... and that some building got knocked over [[likely not the MCS ).

So my niece has to call her insurance company and tell them that she had a accident with a float.... LOL....

As for the parade this Saturday... if anyone attends... keep an eye out for the City of Detroit float... if any buildings look knocked down... blame George Jackson!

And if you see a 6'4'' dude with shorts, a PW T-Shirt and flip-flops making a B-Line and Mambo'ing across the parade on Woodward... that'll be me getting from the Fillmore to the Opera House for lunch...

I had to Mambo across last year as well!

LodgeDodger Guest

I had to Mambo across last year as well!
    Sounds as if Woodward needs a "Mambo-Don't Mambo" crosswalk!