Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit Stylin View Post
    Yep whatever your ignorance means. Must be nice to be a Black man in america isnt it BS.....I mean BA....
    Hey, Buy American knows for a fact that black people in the US have it easy. It's us whites that have it so hard. Institutional racism just keeps us down. Until you realize that you won't be able to understand BA's brilliance.
    Last edited by jt1; August-17-10 at 01:17 PM.

Buy American Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit Stylin View Post
    Yep whatever your ignorance means. Must be nice to be a Black man in america isnt it BS.....I mean BA....
    Do you even know what you're talking about because I don't.

Default Dr. Laura plays victim

Now the Dr. who really isn't one is playing the victim card. She like a lot of people want to say whatever the hell they want and not suffer any consequences.

These right wingers kill me talking about first amendment rights.

Has she being thrown in Jail ? Forced into exile ?

Thats all her "first amendment rights" gives her.

Its my right if I was an advertiser to pull my ads if I don't like what she says. just like its her right if she wants to use the N-word multiples times.

Now to be fair I have listened to her and she's very good at cutting thru the myopic visions of her callers and telling them the realities of their situation. She runs into trouble with me when she starts injecting her political views with her advice that she gives.

She probably has had the show too long anyway, based on her disrespecting callers on a more frequent basis. I'm sure there's somebody out there who can do what she does without all the disrespect to blacks and gays

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethe...racial-sl.html

Out-of-town relatives visiting last weekend commented "The Canucks are in town!" A non-Canadians chuckled and said, "Oh, you can say that, but we can't!" Likewise the N word, Polak, and others.

I agree with MCP-001 that Dr. Laura " ... was pointing out what I call the politically correct paradox. It's not PC-acceptable for whites to use the language she used, but perfectly acceptable for blacks to use the same term when speaking."

But Dr. Laura could have made her point without using the N word three times quickly. And she repeated it three more times quickly after the caller said, “I was a little caught back by the N-word that you spewed out, I have to be honest with you." It reminded me of a little brother poking you ever so slightly after mom says, "Now leave your sister alone!"

Dr. Laura wasn't making a point, she was baiting the caller like the rude bully Dr. Laura is.

Dr. Laura is insincere as well. I thought she apologized the next day on her blog and on her radio show. Then how is it that she appears on Larry King to declare she wants to "regain" her First Amendment Rights? Is she sorry or not?

But apparently she's had enough and has decided to pull the plug and go off for real. Off the air.

By the way, whatever happened to the term 'Honkey'?

Buy American Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    By the way, whatever happened to the term 'Honkey'?
    Now I'm offended, why didn't you say "whatever happened to the "H" word.

Who knows? ^^^
    I always thought "honkey" was a stupid name for a white person. It never caught on. However nigger [[yes I said it) and its connotations to slavery is a very powerful word.

I too thought no one should say it. But I heard a friend of mine say that black people were trying to own the word in a more positive light [[like brother).

IMO I believe the word can be said unless someone feels offended. Then a simple apology can be stated. But perhaps I may be wrong?

IMO I believe the word can be said unless someone feels offended. Then a simple apology can be stated. But perhaps I may be wrong?
    Haven't you heard? We are no longer responsible for our actions. If you say something offensive, it's a mis-statement. If you do something offensive, it must be the influence of the hateful right wing media, and not your fault. You are a victim.

America in 2010 - What a Wonderland!

Blarf Guest

People actually listen to this Dr. Laura cunt and take her seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal View Post

I agree with MCP-001 that Dr. Laura " ... was pointing out what I call the politically correct paradox. It's not PC-acceptable for whites to use the language she used, but perfectly acceptable for blacks to use the same term when speaking."
    I disagree with you regarding this aspect
    Its not acceptable for blacks to use the same term. Some mainstream black leaders have addressed that by holding mock funeral services trying to bring attention to the issue. Many blacks that I know have made a decision not to use that word.

Now having said that, I also know that there is a certain percentage of blacks that have a slave culture mentality even though we are generations removed from actual slavery.

Its tough getting thru to these folks because certain aspects of our present culture reinforces the slave culture such as the rap culture, the culture of "livin in the hood" etc. Doesn't mean its right but its a reality.

So I resent when someone like Dr. Laura tries to justify her use of the word by saying that blacks use the word. That may be the case but it still doesn't make it right.

Buy American Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Blarf View Post
    People actually listen to this Dr. Laura cunt and take her seriously?
    Is that really necessary?

^^It is necessary to have to listen to your drivel about buy american and unionism?^^^

Cunt is a word....get over it.

Firstandten, I am curious how you relate rap to slavery. Do you think hip-hop is the same inthat it too relates to slavery? Thanks.

Buy American Guest

[quote=GOAT;173963]^^It is necessary to have to listen to your drivel about buy american and unionism?^^^

Cunt is a word....get over it. quote]

So is the other "word" that this thread is about yet people like Sharpton, Jackson and the entire black race can't seem to get "over it".

Whenever I post I am considerate of others and abide by the rules of this website, as Lowell directed. It surprises me that some foul mouth idiots get away with using some of the ugliest, nastiest language and get away with it here. Buying American and unionism isn't what I would consider drivel.....obscene language is offensive, it must be a part of your everyday usage but that doesn't mean that others have to like it or get over it.

Buy american, you can't equate nigger to the word cunt, not even close.

To me your "american" rants are offensive as is your blind loyalty to unions but I'm not going to tell you whether it is necessary or not. We have enough already with the nanny-state and pc crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by GOAT View Post

Firstandten, I am curious how you relate rap to slavery. Do you think hip-hop is the same inthat it too relates to slavery? Thanks.

When I refer to slave culture I am referring to a culture of self - hate not the actual act of slavery. I don't want to get into a discussion of slavery on this thread, but in order for the economics of slavery to work you had to create a culture of self-hate among the slaves which is what I refer to as slave culture. Unfortunately this culture will last generations after the last act of slavery was committed. I think hip-hop is somewhat different in that respect so I wouldn't include that. Rap which is a subset of hip-hop gets into all the bitches and ho's type of talk with which I have a problem with.

Buy American Guest

Quote Originally Posted by GOAT View Post
    Buy american, you can't equate nigger to the word cunt, not even close.

To me your "american" rants are offensive as is your blind loyalty to unions but I'm not going to tell you whether it is necessary or not. We have enough already with the nanny-state and pc crowd.
    I don't rant about buying American....I try to do what I can to promote our American economy, unlike some on this website. When I can purchase American, I do. Too bad more people in Michigan and the Detroit area didn't think that way when they were purchasing their Hondas, Kia's and Toyotas; maybe more Michigan residents would be still working today and lots of people wouldn't be losing their homes to foreclosure. The auto industry was the foundation to Michigan's economy....you don't like to hear that, tough! This isn't the place to argue the point with the likes of you so as far as I'm concerned, this conversation is over.

This isn't the world according to GOAT!

Quote Originally Posted by Buy American View Post
    So is the other "word" that this thread is about yet people like Sharpton, Jackson and the entire black race can't seem to get "over it".
    Can you tell me anything more about the entire black race? You seem to know exactly what EVERY black person is thinking, believes, and feels.

Blarf Guest

Is that really necessary?
    After googling some clips of her show, I must say yes it is.

Buy American Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Crumbled_pavement View Post
    Can you tell me anything more about the entire black race? You seem to know exactly what EVERY black person is thinking, believes, and feels.
    Where I'm wrong I'll admit it....I overstepped with that sentence. I didn't mean the entire black race.

Default So true...

Quote Originally Posted by firstandten View Post
    I disagree with you regarding this aspect
    Its not acceptable for blacks to use the same term. Some mainstream black leaders have addressed that by holding mock funeral services trying to bring attention to the issue. Many blacks that I know have made a decision not to use that word.

Now having said that, I also know that there is a certain percentage of blacks that have a slave culture mentality even though we are generations removed from actual slavery.

Its tough getting thru to these folks because certain aspects of our present culture reinforces the slave culture such as the rap culture, the culture of "livin in the hood" etc. Doesn't mean its right but its a reality.

So I resent when someone like Dr. Laura tries to justify her use of the word by saying that blacks use the word. That may be the case but it still doesn't make it right.
    Thats something that the *N* word always ment down south,,,your lower than I am,,I'm above you...Growing up in the 1960's I heard it so many time I can puke,white kids callin another the n word to put em down.Our farm here my Dad and Grandpa was Irish,,and the other farms around was owned by black folks...Now,,I hate sayin black folks cause the way I was raised,,we didnt think about what we looked like,,but what kinda people we was...Back then people pulled together if you lived on a farm and helped each other.Champ Embry owned the farm above us,,and Doc. Tribble owned the farm besides us and color was never a issuse with us..Doc's Grandkids and we all always played,,rode the school bus togerther,,worked,,and race was never brought up till we got to school,and Eddie and Keith,, when we started school,, would ride the bus home and they would be quiet and I always knew something was wrong as alot of time i rode home crying inside myself.. ....I been called everything under the sun being half japaneese goin tru grade school,,and believe me,,back then kids was pretty damn cruel back in the 1960's...
    Time warp to 2010.........
    Alot has changed tru the years here...I'm so glad...As where I work at proves...
    This short chunky man we call Tater that works with me we both joke where he say hey Chinky,,and I yell hows my little chunky buddy doing..But,,I know he said it in fun,,and does it offend me,,no....If he ment it as wanting to be cruel and a put down,,yeah,,that would hurt me,,and he's the type of person that if I would cuss him out for callin me that he would worry his guts out till I was ok with things..Like me callin him chunky...Ya know,,we get close with people and have fun,,but when you say something just to be just plain mean,,thats something diffrent....He is chunky,,I am half asian,,that the way we are.We work together,,and as someone said workin 12 hours a night we spend more times awake at work than times than at home...We cant help cause we came into this world diffrent...All we can do is to enjoy each other......
    I was so worried about my Daughter ,,,she is blond but have my eyes,,and I was worried she would be picked on tru school,,but she never was thank God..I would never wish that on anyone,,yes,,it was that bad.....
    On the lighter side...If anyone of you ever worked in a factory your gonna get a nickname..This young apprentice tool and die maker ,they put him with me and I gave him the nickname F**kbubble*.....I thought that suited him pretty good,,and after all these years we all still laugh about it....LOL!!!
    Peace and love to all...Life is too short to have anger inside...Enjoy the time we have each day....

OK, [[Not a doctor) Laura is going of the air, that's great. Now, if only we can get Beck, Hannity, Levin, and that deity of con spin, Rush off the air. Only then, will we have much more intelligent sounding air-waves.

She complained while on "Larry King Live" that she was leaving her show so she could -- and I am paraphrasing here -- regain her First Amendment rights.

The First Amendment says: "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press, or of the right of the people to peaceably assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

Unless Congress passed a law prohibiting her broadcasts [[and if it did, I missed that news), this has no more to do with the First Amendment than it does with the color of my eyes. Sadly, the sheeple who follow her and her ilk -- the same ones who have never READ the Constitution -- will lap this up like a puppy at a water bowl.

checkraisej Guest

I don't rant about buying American....
    Bullshit. You constantly do just that.

When I can purchase American, I do.
    Bullshit. I remember you seeking advice on buying a computer and someone gave you a link to an American, union made computer yet you ignored it and went with a computer that was primarily foreign.

If the word cunt offends you, try the word sunt. As in, "Bitching about people buying foreign products, then doing it yourself is a pretty sunty thing to do".

Buy American Guest

Quote Originally Posted by checkraisej View Post
    Bullshit. You constantly do just that.

Bullshit. I remember you seeking advice on buying a computer and someone gave you a link to an American, union made computer yet you ignored it and went with a computer that was primarily foreign.

If the word cunt offends you, try the word sunt. As in, "Bitching about people buying foreign products, then doing it yourself is a pretty sunty thing to do".
    I detect a bit of guilt from you cronic complainers about purchasing American products, especially when it comes to automobiles. Hope you keep your job, your home and your family well fed. Or better yet, if you don't keep your home or your job or feed your family, ask Honda to help you out....yeah, right.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast